Armed Self Defense

May 16th, 2023 at 2:41:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
I think it will take a half dozen school shootings in each state, before there might be enough gun regulations across the country. That's the Republican party way of doing it.

We have tons of gun regulations. Schools are gun free zones. Since guns are banned on school grounds then why do we still have a problem? I mean, guns are banned, just like you want.
The President is a fink.
May 16th, 2023 at 2:44:01 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: AZDuffman
How is it "crazy" to allow people their Constitutional rights?

It's crazy to not have any restrictions on the number of guns a person can purchase at one time.

Only a few states limit purchases.

Residents in Florida and Tennessee for example, can purchase 100 handguns at one time, and sell them illegally on the streets in NYC. When the gun is used in a crime, the original purchasers always claim the gun was 'stolen'.

'Data indicates that approximately 20–25% of all handguns recovered at crime scenes were originally purchased as part of a multiple sale.'

'Handguns sold in multiple sales were up to 64% more likely to be used in crime than handguns sold individually.'
May 16th, 2023 at 3:09:11 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
If the government interferes with supply, and demand is constant, price moves up, so the profit potential for resale increases.

When supply is restricted and demand skyrockets, because of our crazy admin attacking our rights across the board, then profit potential skyrockets.

The way to address is it is not through supply.

Have to affect the demand so that it becomes lower.

Like through not defunding the police, closing borders, and enforcing legal immigration, etc.
May 16th, 2023 at 5:13:45 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: DoubleGold
When supply is restricted and demand skyrockets, because of our crazy admin attacking our rights across the board, then profit potential skyrockets.

Demand is not constant. Restricting supply will not cause demand to skyrocket. It will have the opposite effect. It will cause the price of guns to increase, and elasticity of demand will cause a decrease in demand, resulting in fewer sales.
May 16th, 2023 at 6:32:00 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
“Penis Englargement Surgery paid for by the government of you turn in your guns!”

Problem solved.

Gee thanks, now that my wife read that she will be buying me guns for every occassion.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 16th, 2023 at 6:52:25 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
We have tons of gun regulations. Schools are gun free zones. Since guns are banned on school grounds then why do we still have a problem? I mean, guns are banned, just like you want.

Because people like you don't really do anything to promote enforcing them, in fact, vote against gun control laws, so people can always get one nearby and take it to shoot kids.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 16th, 2023 at 7:17:29 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: DRich
Gee thanks, now that my wife read that she will be buying me guns for every occassion.

LOL
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 16th, 2023 at 8:35:38 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Gandler
Quote: Tanko
Everyone who owns a gun should be required to take an annual class in gun handling and penal law defense of justification.

434,000,000 guns and only a relative few are trained how to use them.

'32 States Let People Carry Guns Without Learning How to Shoot One'

'Ron DeSantis quietly legalizes carrying concealed weapons without permits'

When it is easier to buy a gun than a car (by a wide margin), it is a problem for society.

If you want to buy a gun you should have education, training, and experience. And that is just to buy, if you want to carry, you should have to go through a rigorous course.

Now I don't think driving should be easier (actually that licensing process needs to be made harder too, but that is a separate issue), but it is insane how many inept people in America can walk to their local pawn store and walk out with a gun in their waist band, being 100% legal in many States. And, the trend in many red States is reducing the need of carry licenses, not increasing. It is crazy.

There is a background check to buy a gun along with a waiting period. Not for a car.

Now, if you want to make it illegal to shoot people I am all for that.

I am going to set aside the Constitution because the USC is imperfect, and even if it was perfect there is debate over the intent of the 2nd amendment (remember is starts with, "A Well Regulated Milita").....

There is no waiting period to buy a gun (not where I live), I can walk into a pawn shop put a pistol into my waistband and walk down the street (I don't even need a carry permit anymore). There is a background check, but it is not very efficient (and unless you are a major criminal most people are instantly cleared).

Driver's Licenses on the other hand are complicated, you have to pass a degree of a background check (driving history check), and medical/mental evaluations (on top of passing a written exam, and having a certain number of hours of experience). Where I live getting a DL is much harder than buying a gun. And, I frankly think getting a DL is far too easy.

Also, DLs can be pulled very easy for a number of reason (from owing fines, to driving bad, to simply a cop saying that he feels you are not mentally sound). None of this is the case with buying guns. Unless you have a felony, or a Court Ordered mental hospitaliation, you can buy a gun instantly and easily.

Frankly, I can buy a gun easier than I can vote. Actually, I can buy a dozen guns easier than I can vote.... I can buy a gun easier than hard liquor (which requires going to a store authorized to sell hard liquor which is a much further driver than several closer shops that sell guns).

If you don't have a criminal record or a Court ordered Mental hospitalization, buying a gun can be accomplished in several minutes (and can very easily be closer than the nearest liquor store).

There is no other Western country where this is the case.

Your analogy is faulty as driving is a privilege, owning a gun is a right.

You appear to be a person who supports "gay rights" even though gay priests and scout leaders sexually abused at least thousands of youth men. Not to mention gay males abusing outside of such organizations. Yet you want to take away gun rights because of an exceptionally small minority of gun owners causing a problem.

See where I am going here?

Owning a gun is only a right if you accept certain interpretations of the USC. And even so, is a weak argument, the USC has changed many times, as times change. You can't just say USC in response to everything like it is some magical blanket.

Yes I support gay rights.

Your stats are wrong, most abuse (virtually all of it) was committed by straight men. Pedos generally don't have a specific preference. And, in BSA abuse went to virtually zero when gays were allows in. So from that correlation allowing gays actually drastically lowered abuse almost overnight.... Gays are banned from the Church and still are, and abuse remains rampant. So you are not proving the point that you think that you are.

These are all facts that I have cited in our debate in the other thread, I am not reposting the citations now from my phone, but no sane person disputes any of this.

So no, I don't see where you are going there. Also, what does any of that have to do with reforming gun licensing?
May 16th, 2023 at 8:57:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Everyone who owns a gun should be required to take an annual class in gun handling and penal law defense of justification.

When it is easier to buy a gun than a car (by a wide margin), it is a problem for society.

If you want to buy a gun you should have education, training, and experience. And that is just to buy, if you want to carry, you should have to go through a rigorous course.

Now I don't think driving should be easier (actually that licensing process needs to be made harder too, but that is a separate issue), but it is insane how many inept people in America can walk to their local pawn store and walk out with a gun in their waist band, being 100% legal in many States. And, the trend in many red States is reducing the need of carry licenses, not increasing. It is crazy.

There is a background check to buy a gun along with a waiting period. Not for a car.

I am going to set aside the Constitution because the USC is imperfect, and even if it was perfect there is debate over the intent of the 2nd amendment (remember is starts with, "A Well Regulated Milita").....

There is no waiting period to buy a gun (not where I live), I can walk into a pawn shop put a pistol into my waistband and walk down the street (I don't even need a carry permit anymore). There is a background check, but it is not very efficient (and unless you are a major criminal most people are instantly cleared).

Driver's Licenses on the other hand are complicated, you have to pass a degree of a background check (driving history check), and medical/mental evaluations (on top of passing a written exam, and having a certain number of hours of experience). Where I live getting a DL is much harder than buying a gun. And, I frankly think getting a DL is far too easy.

Also, DLs can be pulled very easy for a number of reason (from owing fines, to driving bad, to simply a cop saying that he feels you are not mentally sound). None of this is the case with buying guns. Unless you have a felony, or a Court Ordered mental hospitaliation, you can buy a gun instantly and easily.

Frankly, I can buy a gun easier than I can vote. Actually, I can buy a dozen guns easier than I can vote.... I can buy a gun easier than hard liquor (which requires going to a store authorized to sell hard liquor which is a much further driver than several closer shops that sell guns).

If you don't have a criminal record or a Court ordered Mental hospitalization, buying a gun can be accomplished in several minutes (and can very easily be closer than the nearest liquor store).

You appear to be a person who supports "gay rights" even though gay priests and scout leaders sexually abused at least thousands of youth men. Not to mention gay males abusing outside of such organizations. Yet you want to take away gun rights because of an exceptionally small minority of gun owners causing a problem.

Owning a gun is only a right if you accept certain interpretations of the USC. And even so, is a weak argument, the USC has changed many times, as times change. You can't just say USC in response to everything like it is some magical blanket.

Your stats are wrong, most abuse (virtually all of it) was committed by straight men. Pedos generally don't have a specific preference. And, in BSA abuse went to virtually zero when gays were allows in. So from that correlation allowing gays actually drastically lowered abuse almost overnight.... Gays are banned from the Church and still are, and abuse remains rampant. So you are not proving the point that you think that you are.

These are all facts that I have cited in our debate in the other thread, I am not reposting the citations now from my phone, but no sane person disputes any of this.

So no, I don't see where you are going there. Also, what does any of that have to do with reforming gun licensing?

If a male goes with other males he is not straight he is gay or at least bi. Simple to understand.

A straight male for example has no problem saying he would not go with a trans woman because he is straight.

Any guy who go with other than biological females is not straight.
The President is a fink.
May 16th, 2023 at 9:04:53 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

If a male goes with other males he is not straight he is gay or at least bi. Simple to understand.

A straight male for example has no problem saying he would not go with a trans woman because he is straight.

Any guy who go with other than biological females is not straight.

It's not because Pedos are opportunistic, so yes Pedos in an organization with all boys will abuse boys..... (BSA)

The abuse was committed by straight men. When gays were allowed in the abuse dropped to essentially zero. (BSA)

Gays have always and still are banned from the Church, there was and still is abuse problems (of girls and boys since priests have accses to both).

The simple logic is banning gays increases sexual abuse rates and allowing gays lowers sexual abuse rates if you take these organizations, and stats referencing policy changes in a vacuum.

I don't know what you are trying to prove, virtually everything you said is wrong. And, even if it was correct (it's not), it has nothing to do with licensing requirments for firearms, I don't even see what parnell you are attempting to make.....