Armed Self Defense

Page 4 of 10<1234567>Last »
May 15th, 2023 at 2:06:41 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tanko
Everyone who owns a gun should be required to take an annual class in gun handling and penal law defense of justification.

Kind of like saying anyone who wants to be eligible to have an abortion needs to take an annual class on the health and emotional effects.

Enough with the gun grabbing already.
The President is a fink.
May 15th, 2023 at 2:08:48 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Kind of like saying anyone who wants to be eligible to have an abortion needs to take an annual class on the health and emotional effects.

Zero health effects. Less emotional effect than BEING FORCED TO GIVE BIRTH AGAINST YOUR WILL.

What a dumb analogy. But what else would we expect from Duffman?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 15th, 2023 at 5:04:01 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Everyone who owns a gun should be required to take an annual class in gun handling and penal law defense of justification.

434,000,000 guns and only a relative few are trained how to use them.

'32 States Let People Carry Guns Without Learning How to Shoot One'

'Ron DeSantis quietly legalizes carrying concealed weapons without permits'

When it is easier to buy a gun than a car (by a wide margin), it is a problem for society.

If you want to buy a gun you should have education, training, and experience. And that is just to buy, if you want to carry, you should have to go through a rigorous course.

Now I don't think driving should be easier (actually that licensing process needs to be made harder too, but that is a separate issue), but it is insane how many inept people in America can walk to their local pawn store and walk out with a gun in their waist band, being 100% legal in many States. And, the trend in many red States is reducing the need of carry licenses, not increasing. It is crazy.
May 15th, 2023 at 5:29:54 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Gandler

When it is easier to buy a gun than a car (by a wide margin), it is a problem for society.

If you want to buy a gun you should have education, training, and experience. And that is just to buy, if you want to carry, you should have to go through a rigorous course.

Now I don't think driving should be easier (actually that licensing process needs to be made harder too, but that is a separate issue), but it is insane how many inept people in America can walk to their local pawn store and walk out with a gun in their waist band, being 100% legal in many States. And, the trend in many red States is reducing the need of carry licenses, not increasing. It is crazy.

There is a background check to buy a gun along with a waiting period. Not for a car.

How is it "crazy" to allow people their Constitutional rights?

Now, if you want to make it illegal to shoot people I am all for that.
The President is a fink.
May 15th, 2023 at 5:40:53 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
There can be consequences for invading a person's possessions, including land and a home and even a loved one.

For retail stores with merchandise under $1000 in California, not so much.

We already saw what happens if there are no consequences.

Some folks will take what they can get for free if there are no consequences.

Like wild animals that haven't eaten in a week.
May 15th, 2023 at 5:46:16 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

There is a background check to buy a gun along with a waiting period. Not for a car.

I am going to set aside the Constitution because the USC is imperfect, and even if it was perfect there is debate over the intent of the 2nd amendment (remember is starts with, "A Well Regulated Milita").....

There is no waiting period to buy a gun (not where I live), I can walk into a pawn shop put a pistol into my waistband and walk down the street (I don't even need a carry permit anymore). There is a background check, but it is not very efficient (and unless you are a major criminal most people are instantly cleared).

Driver's Licenses on the other hand are complicated, you have to pass a degree of a background check (driving history check), and medical/mental evaluations (on top of passing a written exam, and having a certain number of hours of experience). Where I live getting a DL is much harder than buying a gun. And, I frankly think getting a DL is far too easy.

Also, DLs can be pulled very easy for a number of reason (from owing fines, to driving bad, to simply a cop saying that he feels you are not mentally sound). None of this is the case with buying guns. Unless you have a felony, or a Court Ordered mental hospitaliation, you can buy a gun instantly and easily.

Frankly, I can buy a gun easier than I can vote. Actually, I can buy a dozen guns easier than I can vote.... I can buy a gun easier than hard liquor (which requires going to a store authorized to sell hard liquor which is a much further driver than several closer shops that sell guns).

If you don't have a criminal record or a Court ordered Mental hospitalization, buying a gun can be accomplished in several minutes (and can very easily be closer than the nearest liquor store).

There is no other Western country where this is the case.
May 15th, 2023 at 5:59:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I think it will take a half dozen school shootings in each state, before there might be enough gun regulations across the country. That's the Republican party way of doing it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 15th, 2023 at 6:13:15 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
I think it will take a half dozen school shootings in each state, before there might be enough gun regulations across the country. That's the Republican party way of doing it.

I think if someone could devise a practical way to get 99.9% of the hand guns out of civilian hands it would pass. The obvious problem is getting people to give up the guns they have even if a law is passed.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 15th, 2023 at 6:45:35 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: DRich
I think if someone could devise a practical way to get 99.9% of the hand guns out of civilian hands it would pass. The obvious problem is getting people to give up the guns they have even if a law is passed.

“Penis Englargement Surgery paid for by the government of you turn in your guns!”

Problem solved.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 16th, 2023 at 2:39:52 AM permalink
AZDuffman

I am going to set aside the Constitution because the USC is imperfect, and even if it was perfect there is debate over the intent of the 2nd amendment (remember is starts with, "A Well Regulated Milita").....

There is no waiting period to buy a gun (not where I live), I can walk into a pawn shop put a pistol into my waistband and walk down the street (I don't even need a carry permit anymore). There is a background check, but it is not very efficient (and unless you are a major criminal most people are instantly cleared).

Driver's Licenses on the other hand are complicated, you have to pass a degree of a background check (driving history check), and medical/mental evaluations (on top of passing a written exam, and having a certain number of hours of experience). Where I live getting a DL is much harder than buying a gun. And, I frankly think getting a DL is far too easy.

Also, DLs can be pulled very easy for a number of reason (from owing fines, to driving bad, to simply a cop saying that he feels you are not mentally sound). None of this is the case with buying guns. Unless you have a felony, or a Court Ordered mental hospitaliation, you can buy a gun instantly and easily.

Frankly, I can buy a gun easier than I can vote. Actually, I can buy a dozen guns easier than I can vote.... I can buy a gun easier than hard liquor (which requires going to a store authorized to sell hard liquor which is a much further driver than several closer shops that sell guns).

If you don't have a criminal record or a Court ordered Mental hospitalization, buying a gun can be accomplished in several minutes (and can very easily be closer than the nearest liquor store).

There is no other Western country where this is the case.

Your analogy is faulty as driving is a privilege, owning a gun is a right.

You appear to be a person who supports "gay rights" even though gay priests and scout leaders sexually abused at least thousands of youth men. Not to mention gay males abusing outside of such organizations. Yet you want to take away gun rights because of an exceptionally small minority of gun owners causing a problem.

See where I am going here?
The President is a fink.
Page 4 of 10<1234567>Last »