Is Portland over?

Page 42 of 45« First<39404142434445>
June 14th, 2023 at 10:19:37 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
My buddy was interested in it, he'd mentioned ayahuasca before.

My days as a "psychedelic warrior" are long passed, but he still likes to dabnle, esp. in the locally sourced psylocibin mushrooms; thanks for the interesting article, I'll forward it to him.

Oregon has legalized the limited use of psylocibin but at this point it is just ramping up and a legal "trip" will cost too much for most folks, apparently.

While I am not a progressive, I listen primarily to a Portland listener-supported FM radio station, KBOO: incredibly diverse programming, from progressive talking heads to music of the south Asian diaspora.

Saturday AM is bluegrass for a few hours, then a couple hours of the Grateful Dead.

Available on the internet for those curious enough to stream it and get a taste of the good old Portland vibe.
June 15th, 2023 at 4:14:08 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
I sometimes call them "psychonauts".

I am only interested in being naturally high.

I like to read about it though, especially the parts about self.

So I can learn more about myself and how self works.
June 16th, 2023 at 11:36:58 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I just saw a video of San Francisco of Powell Street which is one of the busiest streets in San Francisco. Whole blocks of it are now totally devoid of businesses on both sides of the street where just a few years ago every storefront had a business. An entire block might have a Burger King now, or McDonald's and that's it. They closed because of the constant crapping on the sidewalks by the homeless and the relentless shoplifting that eventually either put the stores out of business or if they were a chain they just moved elsewhere. This is what liberalism looks like when it's left to its own devices.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 16th, 2023 at 2:31:45 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
I just saw a video of San Francisco of Powell Street which is one of the busiest streets in San Francisco. Whole blocks of it are now totally devoid of businesses on both sides of the street where just a few years ago every storefront had a business. An entire block might have a Burger King now, or McDonald's and that's it. They closed because of the constant crapping on the sidewalks by the homeless and the relentless shoplifting that eventually either put the stores out of business or if they were a chain they just moved elsewhere. This is what liberalism looks like when it's left to its own devices.

The saddest part is American cities that declined 1964-1980s had really built back by the 2000-2010s. Then they went right back to where they were. People do not get that you have to be "mean" and roust the problem people. Let SF rot as far as I am concerned. Portland, too. Maybe the locals wake up instead of being woke.
The President is a fink.
June 19th, 2023 at 8:16:32 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
This quote from the WSJ shows how far down the rabbit hole San Francisco has gone;

"Businesses are being replaced by nonprofits that consume rather than contribute tax dollars, including social-service organizations and outfits like the Excessive Wealth Disorder Institute, a new think tank that seeks to remedy income “hoarding” by the rich."

We have a whole new health problem EXCESSIVE WEALTH DISORDER. Wonder what cure the lefties will come up with? The far left won't be happy until the US becomes a Communist country.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 29th, 2023 at 5:45:28 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Coming soon to most liberal cities.....

The President is a fink.
July 6th, 2023 at 1:39:51 PM permalink
missedhervee
July 7th, 2023 at 6:14:41 PM permalink
missedhervee
Gov't will give free straws and aluminum foil to Portland fentanyl users.

"Beam me up Scottie, there's no intelligent life left in Portland."

https://www.wweek.com/news/2023/07/07/multnomah-county-will-distribute-tinfoil-and-straws-to-fentanyl-smokers/
July 8th, 2023 at 2:54:23 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: missedhervee
Gov't will give free straws and aluminum foil to Portland fentanyl users.

"Beam me up Scottie, there's no intelligent life left in Portland."

https://www.wweek.com/news/2023/07/07/multnomah-county-will-distribute-tinfoil-and-straws-to-fentanyl-smokers/

Would you rather they be mean and roust them?
The President is a fink.
July 8th, 2023 at 10:07:52 AM permalink
missedhervee
Actually, I'd prefer they club them to unconsciousness then let hogs devour them.

But that's just me.
Page 42 of 45« First<39404142434445>