Medical Doctors, Roboticists, & AI Programmers Attention!

Page 2 of 6<12345>Last »
Poll
4 votes (80%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (20%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (20%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
2 votes (40%)

5 members have voted

December 27th, 2020 at 7:48:26 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: gamerfreak
SOOPOO is the only MD on the forum (I think) and he is going to tell you to take the vaccine.

Like your friend, not all anti-vaxxers and stupid Facebook crayon-eaters like people make them out to be. A guy a work with is a very accomplished engineer, probably the top 10% in his field, and he refuses to vaccinate his children.

I don’t think the Covid vaccine is going to be mandatory, at least not federally.

I completely think it’s reasonable to be skeptical of a rushed vaccine that is the first ever to use mRNA technology. But the more I have been researching it the more comfortable I am.

I am NOT going to tell him to take the vaccine. But..... I would RECOMMEND he takes the vaccine. If he is truly a brilliant AP, then he lives his life analyzing risk/benefit everyday. Should I drive 90 mph today? Benefit... get to destination sooner. Risk... accident or ticket....
Should I take vaccine? Risk... long term negative side effects, short term serious reaction
Benefit... decreased chance of contracting COVID-19.

To me it is a quite simple analysis. The risk/ benefit ratio for most people is far less than 1. There are a few exceptions, medically, but not relevant for the overwhelming majority of people.

But remember.... the above is MY educated analysis. I am all for your right to do your own analysis and refuse the vaccine. Let the government make it AVAILABLE to all, but FORCE it on none.
December 27th, 2020 at 9:13:49 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: MadMath

I watched the first one for 20 seconds. Literally the first sentence "I think that they were false positives is a cover story, I think they were giving HIV in these frankenshots" ...... Also, its from Alex Jones (Info Wars).....

I am not an Doctor. But, I am confident saying these are all nonsense based on my 20 second viewing, based on how they choose to open (and who uploaded them)....

As for the platforms, I have never heard of Brighteon, I have heard of Bitcute in passing (not anything good, but to be fair I have not done much of my own looking into it), but I think its fair to be skeptical of both platforms....
December 27th, 2020 at 9:27:05 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: Gandler
As for the platforms, I have never heard of Brighteon, I have heard of Bitcute in passing (not anything good, but to be fair I have not done much of my own looking into it), but I think its fair to be skeptical of both platforms....

They might be owned by Alex Jones. He was banned from every mainstream platform over the Sandy Hook thing.
December 27th, 2020 at 9:30:38 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
From a logical standpoint, the US has to work on all kinds of technology just to be able to counteract it if it becomes a threat.

In a way, it doesn’t really matter that we have agreements or even if common sense and decency dictates we shouldn’t foist such weaponized technology on the human race. So, if you want to worry, I suppose I would agree that we are already working on any reasonable threat from nanobot technology. Doesn’t mean as yet there is any reasonable threat.

Besides, there’s still plenty of other more substantive threats to worry about than nanobots.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 27th, 2020 at 11:37:45 AM permalink
MadMath
Threads: 2
Quote: odiousgambit
"logic & reasoning are the only things that are going to work"

nope, I'd say he's too far gone

Perhaps he'll calm down if it isn't going to happen. In the past, has anything been universally mandatory? The smallpox vaccine, for example, was mandatory for kids going to public school, but I have to imagine it was voluntary for adults [whether or not any adult civilian had to get vaccinated on a mandatory basis is hard to find with a quick search, I just found]. Polio is still not eradicated, potentially still a threat anytime, but has anyone come around demanding you get vaccinated?

I can't just give up on my friend, if shat hit the fan and he does without me trying to resolve his internal conflict, I will feel responsible.

I am hoping you're correct on this but there are actually a lot of videos suggesting that many states will be issuing mandated vaccination with citizens needing to get the microneedle array because of the mark it leaves in their skin. All I know is a lot of people are going to die for no reason if the vaccine does become mandatory.
December 27th, 2020 at 11:45:55 AM permalink
MadMath
Quote: Mission146
(Quote clipped, relevance)

So, you want me to watch well over an hour of videos to be immediately followed by not offering my opinion on them? That's going to be a hard pass, sorry.

If I were you, I'd just explain to him that killing a bunch of people who had probably absolutely nothing (directly) to do with the vaccine being mandated is a highly illogical course of action. That failing, I think you'd pretty much have to report him if the vaccine does become mandated as you are aware of what he intends to do in that event.

See this is the problem with miscommunication. Read the title, the thread clearly states I'm just trying to get the attention of MD's, roboticists & AI programmers! An opinion from them would be great, but honestly, at this point I would need to show him the opinion & maybe an opinion isn't good enough since there are already MD's that are giving their opinions not to take the vaccine. What would be 100x better than an opinion would be for anyone to cite a research article that could disprove any part of these claims. If for example there was some research paper that explained the current limitations in size with today's current robotics would be a complete slam dunk & David would have no choice but to put to rest these beliefs. Does any of this make any sense???

P.S. I already tried explaining to him that killing people won't save lives but he actually argued with me & I think he won that argument since I could rebuttal it. But he replied that killing anyone who would take on the task of focusing vaccines would actually save lives! I'm not joking when he said that people will then naturally refuse to conduct forced vaccinations if they are afraid of their lives. He said, "the few who parish will save countless lives lost from the vaccine". The problem is your logic only applies to your point of view that these videos are false propaganda. Gdb
December 27th, 2020 at 11:51:16 AM permalink
MadMath
Quote: gamerfreak
SOOPOO is the only MD on the forum (I think) and he is going to tell you to take the vaccine.

Like your friend, not all anti-vaxxers and stupid Facebook crayon-eaters like people make them out to be. A guy a work with is a very accomplished engineer, probably the top 10% in his field, and he refuses to vaccinate his children.

I don’t think the Covid vaccine is going to be mandatory, at least not federally.

I completely think it’s reasonable to be skeptical of a rushed vaccine that is the first ever to use mRNA technology. But the more I have been researching it the more comfortable I am.

I agree with you about being skeptical. After all, didn't I am Legend start from a vaccine that was rushed? But there is a big difference between being skeptical & be living in those videos :/
December 27th, 2020 at 12:08:40 PM permalink
MadMath
Quote: SOOPOO
I am NOT going to tell him to take the vaccine. But..... I would RECOMMEND he takes the vaccine. If he is truly a brilliant AP, then he lives his life analyzing risk/benefit everyday. Should I drive 90 mph today? Benefit... get to destination sooner. Risk... accident or ticket....
Should I take vaccine? Risk... long term negative side effects, short term serious reaction
Benefit... decreased chance of contracting COVID-19.

To me it is a quite simple analysis. The risk/ benefit ratio for most people is far less than 1. There are a few exceptions, medically, but not relevant for the overwhelming majority of people.

But remember.... the above is MY educated analysis. I am all for your right to do your own analysis and refuse the vaccine. Let the government make it AVAILABLE to all, but FORCE it on none.

I very much like your idea of a risk management analysis. The problem is I think this analysis needs to take David's mindset into perspective. The risk/reward from David's point of view is that there is a serious likelihood of death, gene alteration, or even body hijacking from 5G (& boy is the last one hard for me to get my head around). So the risk for David is potential death or maybe worse if he takes it vs potential protection from covid. So to him, he has much greater odds of dying from the vaccine than from covid since he hasn't gotten the virus yet & even if he does he thinks he has better odds of not dying form the virus than the vaccine!!!!!!!
December 27th, 2020 at 12:13:57 PM permalink
MadMath
Quote: Gandler
I watched the first one for 20 seconds. Literally the first sentence "I think that they were false positives is a cover story, I think they were giving HIV in these frankenshots" ...... Also, its from Alex Jones (Info Wars).....

I am not an Doctor. But, I am confident saying these are all nonsense based on my 20 second viewing, based on how they choose to open (and who uploaded them)....

I wish your opinion was good enough for David :/ I think the issue is how easy it is for you guys to dismiss all of this just because it looks shady but David doesn't see it this way. He might be rather ignorant of today's outlandish conspiracy theories because I could see this being his 1st conspiracy theory to believe in. What's funny tho is that if all this was true, Alex Jones would actually probably to covering the story 😆
December 27th, 2020 at 12:30:26 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: MadMath
I wish your opinion was good enough for David :/ I think the issue is how easy it is for you guys to dismiss all of this just because it looks shady but David doesn't see it this way. He might be rather ignorant of today's outlandish conspiracy theories because I could see this being his 1st conspiracy theory to believe in. What's funny tho is that if all this was true, Alex Jones would actually probably to covering the story 😆

David is your friend I am assuming?

This may sound harsh, I know nothing about you or your friend. But, you are probably not going to change his mind. Its not worth ruining a friendship getting into a dispute over a conspiracy theory. I can tell you, it is almost like arguing with a friend over religion (neither is going to change the other's mind). If you value our friendship let him believe what he wants.... Its his health at the end of the day, and his choice to ignore medical recommendations.
Page 2 of 6<12345>Last »