The Biden Presidency 2021

July 12th, 2021 at 12:52:37 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Many of us really, really do deserve to be hated, at least their beliefs do.
July 12th, 2021 at 4:21:13 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: ams288
lmao

You walked right into this one:

That was too easy.

I was seriously laughing out loud on this AMS, thanks for the link.
Comedic common ground ;-)
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
July 12th, 2021 at 4:28:58 PM permalink
JCW09
Quote: missedhervee
It's been chaotic politically there for a long time due to tribalism and lack of desire for a central government.

Let em spin like a top, but keep CIA in place to quash anything that needs quashing.

Probably right.
I keep hearing the narrative why not have kept troops in Afghanistan?
We weren't taking on very many casualties on an annual basis anymore.
We have troops stationed all over the world on an essentially permanent basis.
I think the elected Afghan government wanted us there as support.
Keep the troops in Afghanistan or on a base on Georgia, who cares?
The troops would likely want to be activated in a foreign country vs. training on a US Base.
We weren't spending that much in Afghanistan relative to what we'd spend to keep troops here.
They weren't getting killed in mass numbers, leave them there indefinitely.
But I am probably missing something in that analysis.
July 17th, 2021 at 2:51:10 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Inflation climbed a 'higher than expected' 5.4% in June. First they said it was transitory. Then they said it was persistent. On Thursday, Yellen admitted we are going to see a rapid increase in inflation that will continue for months. That is what caused the sell off yesterday. The dip will be bought up, because the Fed won’t stop monetizing the debt. Nine million job openings and 86% of corporations beating earnings expectations, yet the Fed says it needs to increase its balance sheet by more than $120 billion every month. Corporations are using the cheap cash to make acquisitions and buy back their own shares. JPM alone, has made 33 acquisitions so far this year. Meanwhile, corn prices are up 100% over last year. Which means the price of milk, eggs and meat is going up with it, because animals eat corn. The purchasing power of the dollar is at a permanent all time low, and in the last three months, the rate of decline in purchasing power fell at its fastest rate in 39 years.
July 17th, 2021 at 3:27:23 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: ams288
lmao

You walked right into this one:

Listening to a doctor's radio show, a caller mentioned he was 70 years old. Doctor replied "Are you ready for the countdown?"

The presidency is not a job for the elderly.

Our brains start losing neurons in our twenties, which is why professional gamers retire by age 25.
July 21st, 2021 at 6:02:24 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I think Biden is fading more since election day. Not because of stumbles, but he is lacking more nuance in communicating. He has plenty of stock patter on topics, but he sounded more like one of those old men I sometimes meet who are slightly off on situational awareness.

OTOH, sometimes he does fine on one thing or another.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 21st, 2021 at 9:10:16 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: rxwine
I think Biden is fading more since election day. Not because of stumbles, but he is lacking more nuance in communicating. He has plenty of stock patter on topics, but he sounded more like one of those old men I sometimes meet who are slightly off on situational awareness.

Earlier tonight on CNN:

Let's go Brandon
July 22nd, 2021 at 10:13:52 AM permalink
JCW09

So you're just picking up on the fact that you voted for a House Plant to be the leader of the free world?
It is laughable when I hear the comment of how we are so much more well respected internationally with The House Plant as POTUS.
The guy can't even remember that BoJo introduced the South African President 5 minutes ago at the G7 meeting.
And then last night's performance, unbelievable, we are still a joke to the International community.
But this time instead of having an unfiltered Twitter user that can't keep from making himself look like an ass,
we have a guy that can't finish a coherent sentence and clearly is suffering from the onset of Dementia.
We'll neuter the damage that can be done by the House Plant in 2022 & flip the WH in 2024.
That is unless the Dems nominate someone besides Heels Up Harris. Who would that be?
July 22nd, 2021 at 10:28:02 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: JCW09
So you're just picking up on the fact that you voted for a House Plant to be the leader of the free world?
It is laughable when I hear the comment of how we are so much more well respected internationally with The House Plant as POTUS.
The guy can't even remember that BoJo introduced the South African President 5 minutes ago at the G7 meeting.
And then last night's performance, unbelievable, we are still a joke to the International community.
But this time instead of having an unfiltered Twitter user that can't keep from making himself look like an ass,
we have a guy that can't finish a coherent sentence and clearly is suffering from the onset of Dementia.
We'll neuter the damage that can be done by the House Plant in 2022 & flip the WH in 2024.
That is unless the Dems nominate someone besides Heels Up Harris. Who would that be?

No, I’ve been giving him a fair evaluation since the beginning.

Btw, even real houseplants are more respected than Trump ever was.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 22nd, 2021 at 11:36:57 AM permalink
JCW09
No, I’ve been giving him a fair evaluation since the beginning.

Btw, even real houseplants are more respected than Trump ever was.

Yeah, I am not buying that House Plant comparison of respect, but we can agree to disagree on that one.