The Biden Presidency 2021

July 9th, 2021 at 3:59:52 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Why can’t Joe Biden remember the names of his cabinet members? Dementia joe bidumb Forgets His Own HHS Secretary's Name: "Xavier...Uh...Mr. Secretary"

Joe Biden's Brain Can't Stop, Won't Stop Breaking
Let's go Brandon
July 9th, 2021 at 4:03:45 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Tim Apple?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 9th, 2021 at 4:55:36 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Based on this *brilliant* plan floating around on the right, it appears the Biden presidency will be over soon.

Not a single flaw in that plan. Every step is genius. Guaranteed to work.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 9th, 2021 at 4:59:38 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: fleaswatter
Why can’t Joe Biden remember the names of his cabinet members? Dementia joe bidumb Forgets His Own HHS Secretary's Name: "Xavier...Uh...Mr. Secretary"

lmao

You walked right into this one:

That was too easy.
July 9th, 2021 at 8:13:15 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: rxwine
I think pulling out is the right move, if only to prove beyond speculation whether we can afford to stay out or not. It’s the only way to know for sure.

We need to know will they keep the conflict in their country or not? We need to know to end all theory about it.

That’s the way I look at it.

Edit Al Qaeda weird ass spellcheck

Btw, in my redo of history, I’d rather see what would have happened had the Bush team focused on only Al quesadilla, instead of a worldwide quest against terrorism. I actually read an interesting article at the time out of Pakistan about a general understanding of America’s recognized appetite for revenge after 911. The article claimed lots of people across the Middle East nations were sympathetic to that idea. But the Bush team made a plan that went beyond that, and they lost that sympathy.

There is a direct correlation to lowering troop levels and Taliban regaining land. I think now they are up to 80% of the land. By the end of the year it will be way up. Today they made mainstream news because they now control key border entries (which gives them quite literal control over the country).

Augusts 31 (the official end of operations) will be a great day for the Taliban to take the remainder.... Already assassinations of free leaders are common, as are the surrender of literal whole Afghan military units who in turn turn over all of the weapons and tech to the Taliban. It would not surprise me if by the end of the year, they have the country. This may go down as one of Biden's biggest blunder (and before people praise Trump, he started the withdrawal process, being the first President to negotiate with the Taliban which is insane in and of itself -which started off by the release of Taliban fighters from prison despite the fact that the Afghan government did not want to release them-, Biden sadly just followed through).... The point is both parties failed...

https://www.voanews.com/europe/taliban-seize-more-territory-say-they-control-most-afghanistan

https://projects.voanews.com/press-freedom/afghanistan-wpfd21/

This is from earlier this year, it is worse now:

And the map will get much worse in September....
July 9th, 2021 at 9:42:36 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
It's been chaotic politically there for a long time due to tribalism and lack of desire for a central government.

Let em spin like a top, but keep CIA in place to quash anything that needs quashing.
July 10th, 2021 at 6:28:12 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Gandler
There is a direct correlation to lowering troop levels and Taliban regaining land. I think now they are up to 80% of the land. By the end of the year it will be way up. Today they made mainstream news because they now control key border entries (which gives them quite literal control over the country).

Augusts 31 (the official end of operations) will be a great day for the Taliban to take the remainder.... Already assassinations of free leaders are common, as are the surrender of literal whole Afghan military units who in turn turn over all of the weapons and tech to the Taliban. It would not surprise me if by the end of the year, they have the country. This may go down as one of Biden's biggest blunder (and before people praise Trump, he started the withdrawal process, being the first President to negotiate with the Taliban which is insane in and of itself -which started off by the release of Taliban fighters from prison despite the fact that the Afghan government did not want to release them-, Biden sadly just followed through).... The point is both parties failed...

https://www.voanews.com/europe/taliban-seize-more-territory-say-they-control-most-afghanistan

https://projects.voanews.com/press-freedom/afghanistan-wpfd21/

This is from earlier this year, it is worse now:

And the map will get much worse in September....

Maybe I missed it, but I didn’t hear any plan to send our troops back in if it gets overrun. Like i said, I think ultimately we’re establishing if Afghanistan wants to continue to keep its troubles within its borders, not keep the conflict under control. Also, how many years do you think it should take to train an effective afghan army force? I can only conclude there’s not enough support among the people. And they certainly don’t lack the skills, as it’s Taliban had the ability to keep holding on against outside forces. There’s plenty of desire and ability there. You can bring a horse to water…etc.

That said, weren’t some NATO troops suppose to roll in?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 11th, 2021 at 7:16:49 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
sorry to sort of hijack , but this seems like the best thread for this
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 12th, 2021 at 9:32:56 AM permalink
ams288
Fascinating that Caitlyn Jenner is included there, as she is a full blown Republican.

Who just spoke at CPAC.

And was shouted at and harassed by fellow Republicans.

🤷‍♂️
July 12th, 2021 at 12:23:41 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Shows there is such a thing as a Liberal Republican. Didn't used to sound so weird back when we weren't all hating on each other bigtime
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]