The Biden Presidency 2021

Page 1 of 2011234>Last »
November 8th, 2020 at 11:32:58 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
...and possibly other political news.

Just passed in San Francisco

Quote:
The “Overpaid Executive Tax,” formally known as Proposition L, will charge any company that does business in San Francisco and has a top executive earning over 100 times more than their “typical local worker,” according to the tax’s author, Matt Haney, a member of the city's Board of Supervisors.
Companies with top executives who fall into this category must pay a 0.1 percent surcharge on their annual business taxes. The surcharge increases by 0.1 percent per factor of 100, topping out at 0.6 percent. So top earners making 200 times more than the average worker pay a 0.2 percent tax and so on.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 8th, 2020 at 11:39:18 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Should have gotten pledges from people to not say "not my president" no matter who won.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 8th, 2020 at 11:41:13 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
...and possibly other political news.

Just passed in San Francisco

I lean left and am against this
Businesses should have freedom in this regard
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 8th, 2020 at 12:03:22 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: terapined
I lean left and am against this
Businesses should have freedom in this regard

I never heard of this proposition before, and am still thinking about the pros and cons.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 8th, 2020 at 12:07:18 PM permalink
rxwine
I never heard of this proposition before, and am still thinking about the pros and cons.

In fact, one interesting probability occurs to me --companies trying to pay their CEOs more than 100 times could avoid the tax by raising the minimum wage of their workers.
November 8th, 2020 at 12:12:54 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

The biggest con is that it is nobody's business what the CEO is paid other than the CEO and the shareholders.

Democrat social engineering. Don't cry to me about what your party does.
The President is a fink.
November 8th, 2020 at 12:19:18 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
The biggest con is that it is nobody's business what the CEO is paid other than the CEO and the shareholders.

Sure and You can make the same argument about minimum wage, and all you need to do is look at past history to see how lack of minimum wage meant some people got just enough to never get ahead.

Quote:
Democrat social engineering. Don't cry to me about what your party does.

Experimentation is necessary for innovation and improvement. Not crying at all.
November 8th, 2020 at 12:30:29 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Sure and You can make the same argument about minimum wage, and all you need to do is look at past history to see how lack of minimum wage meant some people got just enough to never get ahead.

What does that have to do with what a CEO makes? What does what any employee have to do with what the CEO make?

Quote:
Experimentation is necessary for innovation and improvement. Not crying at all.

Government experimentation I say "NO THANKS!"

If someone wants to make what the CEO makes they should try to be CEO.
The President is a fink.
November 8th, 2020 at 12:38:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
What does that have to do with what a CEO makes? What does what any employee have to do with what the CEO make?

Both are employees and people.

So you think the government should only have a say on a minimum wage employees. How about fair employment laws in general? You against government interference for that as well?

Not that I would be surprised.
November 8th, 2020 at 12:48:19 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Both are employees and people.

So you think the government should only have a say on a minimum wage employees. How about fair employment laws in general? You against government interference for that as well?

Not that I would be surprised.

Government should have no say in what management makes. That is between them and the shareholders. The reason that Democrats want to make laws about it is greed.
The President is a fink.
Page 1 of 2011234>Last »