The Biden Presidency 2021

January 30th, 2021 at 2:48:48 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: SOOPOO
. You do realize that pre pandemic Trump was succeeding by any non Cooper/Cuomo/Lemon/Burnett metric? With a House of Representatives that would rather the country fail than be able to say Trump succeeded?

Never mind.... there are no facts that will overcome your RDS. (Republican derangement syndrome) !

A pile of dog s**t can deficit spend a trillion bux in a "booming" economy and get 2.5% gdp. Sorry, I wasn't as impressed as you were. Booming economies is when we cut deficits, not increase them.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trade-usmca/u-s-house-passes-new-north-american-trade-deal-senate-timing-unclear-idUSKBN1YN2E9

The dem controlled House passed Trumps signature trade agreement? Doesn't really jive with your description of the House of Representatives now does it?
January 30th, 2021 at 3:11:59 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
. You do realize that pre pandemic Trump was succeeding by any non Cooper/Cuomo/Lemon/Burnett metric? With a House of Representatives that would rather the country fail than be able to say Trump succeeded?

You do realize that pre-4th quarter, the Seahawks were winning Super Bowl XLIX, don’t you??
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 30th, 2021 at 3:23:28 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/28/economy/us-fourth-quarter-gdp/index.html

That's what they left us with. Hmmm, I seem to remember the last time a Republican departed the WH he left a similar mess a democrat had to clean up.

Speaking of RDS...the GOP is now the party of QAnon, wild conspiracies, anti-information, and people who think a man who incited insurrection while watching from the WH after saying he'd be there is the hero of the story. Trumpism needs to die and the GOP needs to regroup. Come back to Earth. The planet is round. Not flat. (well, it's pear shaped, but we won't get into that! lol)

And I sincerely cannot wait for the GOP's comeback. I miss having a sane alternative view point that's not based on bulls**t.
January 30th, 2021 at 4:39:03 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Never mind.... there are no facts that will overcome your RDS. (Republican derangement syndrome) !

WTF
That's like saying pre depression Hoover was was the best thing then sliced bread.
So what.
Presidents are evaluated on how they handle a crisis.
No Presidents evaluation from history is based on how well they are doing pre crisis.
Mickey Mouse can keep an economy going with no crisis.
It's how a President deals with a crisis that history remembers
FDR thought he was going to be seen as the worst President in history. He thought Pearl Harbor would destroy his legacy. He got himself together and gave a speech for the ages
Trump failed miserably dealing with his crisis.
Hundreds of thousands dead
I have no doubt a lot less would have died in this country if anybody else was President. That's saying a lot.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 30th, 2021 at 6:09:13 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: terapined
WTF
That's like saying pre depression Hoover was was the best thing then sliced bread.
So what.
No Presidents evaluation from history is based on how well they are doing pre crisis.
FDR thought he was going to be seen as the worst President in history. He thought Pearl Harbor would destroy his legacy. He got himself together and gave a speech for the ages
I have no doubt a lot less would have died in this country if anybody else was President. That's saying a lot.

100%

People only can base opinions on how people handle easy circumstances that they confront. Its easy when a fun gameshow host talks tough and makes it look like things are all going according to plan.

Nobody wants to talk about the President in the trenches cleaning up the mess of prior administrations.
January 30th, 2021 at 7:13:15 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Gandler
Quote: terapined
WTF
So what.

100%

People only can base opinions on how people handle easy circumstances that they confront. Its easy when a fun gameshow host talks tough and makes it look like things are all going according to plan.

Nobody wants to talk about the President in the trenches cleaning up the mess of prior administrations.

Apparently civil war was the only thing he admired about the Lincoln administration.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 30th, 2021 at 8:23:28 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I am agreeing with my lefty friends that Trump’s handling of the pandemic is a good part of the reason he is ex President Trump. We will never know, but I think without the once in a century pandemic we would still have a President Trump.

Also agree that the Republican Party is in BIG trouble. We shall see if it can emerge from the ashes. I used to be able to make fun of the squad. Now there is Boebert, Greene, and the kid from South Carolina (maybe North Carolina?).

Interesting happenings in NY. AG, supported by Cuomo, is now throwing Cuomo under the bus. Blaming him for the ridiculous practice of sending COVID-19 patients back to nursing homes. And undercounting nursing home deaths by 50% and then bragging about our low death rate!
January 30th, 2021 at 9:38:28 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I am agreeing with my lefty friends that Trump’s handling of the pandemic is a good part of the reason he is ex President Trump. We will never know, but I think without the once in a century pandemic we would still have a President Trump.

Also agree that the Republican Party is in BIG trouble. We shall see if it can emerge from the ashes. I used to be able to make fun of the squad. Now there is Boebert, Greene, and the kid from South Carolina (maybe North Carolina?).

Interesting happenings in NY. AG, supported by Cuomo, is now throwing Cuomo under the bus. Blaming him for the ridiculous practice of sending COVID-19 patients back to nursing homes. And undercounting nursing home deaths by 50% and then bragging about our low death rate!

I think Cuomo is getting toasty, though I don't know if he is toast yet.

Not sure i agree with your Trump assessment. Sure, it may seem without the pandemic nothing would go wrong enough to lose the election, but it's Trump we're talking about -- so I'm doubting the idea that everything ends up rosy.

Trump would paint dead grass green and say it was healthy. And if it was pointed out, he'd blame his best friend and fire him.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 30th, 2021 at 11:17:11 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

Wow. You still don't get it.
Amazing. Trump was gone,
Pandemic or not. He was
gone as soon as he won in
16. There was a full court
press to get rid of him
every minute he was in
office. He was an interloper
who interrupted business
as usual, the business of
corruption in both parties.

He was the non White family
that moved into an all White
neighborhood in 1960. There
go the property values. He
had to go at any cost. He
interrupted the flow of
corruption among the elite
world leaders. He screwed
Saudi Arabia with Keystone
and fracking. He screwed
China by changing the trade
deals. He screwed big biz
by building a wall and cutting
off the cheap labor supply.
He got out of the slush fund
Paris Accord that gives billions
to corrupt govt's all over the
world. On and on, he
screwed the elite in DC and
around the world. He had
to go.

So they stole the election
right in front of us. Blatantly,
obviously. It was planned
for 4 years. Trump could
not serve a 2nd term. It's
why Barry never left DC,
when Beijing Biden talks
it's Barry moving his mouth.

We always knew the long
time politicians in DC were
corrupt, they get elected
with no money and leave
30 years later a millionaire
20 times over. Bribes, kickbacks,
favors, the ways are endless.
Nobody knew the extent of
it till Trump came along and
threw a monkey wrench into
the gravy train.

So it's back to the New Normal.
High gas prices, high unemployment,
low GDP growth, stranglehold
EPA that keep's minority small
businesses from growing. An open
border that keeps a steady supply
of cheap labor coming in. Happy
days are here again for the elites.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 31st, 2021 at 3:54:17 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Wow. You still don't get it.
Amazing. Trump was gone,
Pandemic or not. He was
gone as soon as he won in
16. There was a full court
press to get rid of him
every minute he was in
office. He was an interloper
who interrupted business
as usual, the business of
corruption in both parties.

Says the guy who never faltered in his belief that Donny would have a 2nd term.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman