Black Lies Matter

September 23rd, 2020 at 7:11:18 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Gandler
The problem with "Black Lives Matter" is the difference between the notion that black lives matter (every sane person agrees with that) and the political organization "Black Lives Matter". Many people conflate the two.

I dont see it as a problem.
I think a black life matters
Therefore I am BLM and I support BLM
I'm a proud supporter of BLM because I think a Black Life matters.
Nobody speaks for me. I speak for myself.
You still have a problem with my view?
Its not divisive or anti-american or communist to believe a Black life matters.

Stop researching on the internet. Walk around, find a Black man concerned about his son. You have probably know and worked with Black fathers. Talk to them. BLM is all about their concern for their children. Not some worldwide conspiracy to destroy America.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 23rd, 2020 at 7:53:53 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: aceofspades
had a witness (non police) state that the police knocked and then

I knock then wait
What do you do?
What else is there to do but wait?
If you are not waiting after the knock, what is the purpose of the knock?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 23rd, 2020 at 8:01:43 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: terapined
I'm a proud supporter of BLM because I think a Black Life matters.
Nobody speaks for me. I speak for myself.
You still have a problem with my view?
Its not divisive or anti-american or communist to believe a Black life matters.

Stop researching on the internet. Walk around, find a Black man concerned about his son. You have probably know and worked with Black fathers. Talk to them. BLM is all about their concern for their children. Not some worldwide conspiracy to destroy America.

I know many black men (I live in a mostly black city). I know plenty of white people and black people who love BLM and plenty who are skeptical. I am not going to play the I know more black people than you card (though I probably could), but the idea that I don't interact with black people is absurd, in fact I mostly interact with black people (especially if you count coworkers).

You can hear people's stories and emphasize and also do actual research. Stats don't lie, and official proclamations on an official site don't lie. They want to defund the police (to get back to stats and proclamations a position few Americans hold, but many BLM members do....).

I feel like you snipped off all of my quote with the facts in it. I posted links to BLM's official website. How is that not an example of the views of BLM?

I don't have a problem with your view, its a free country. I think you are just misguided by the media hype. BLM is divisive....

There are few people who want real change and progress than me. But, BLM is not the answer.

Ending the war on drugs would help much of the criminal justice aspect.
UBI would help equalize incomes.
More money spent on inner city schools would help.
Universal Healthcare would help (many black people are underinsured or uninsured due to poverty reasons).
Make Community College and Tech College Free (so people can learn additional trades), and make State College either free or heavily reduced.

These five points would not make things equal overnight, but it would go a long way to make things equal for everyone. If marijuana were legal and taxed the money saved on enforcement and the money generated from taxes (which would be massive) can go to school and housing programs (hey kind of sounds like defund the police but with a plan). Free community colleges would require a great expense from states, but it is doable (it was the case in some states until the last few decades).
UBI and universal healthcare are where things get more complicated. I believe that we need them, but getting them is the hard part. A VAT has been proposed, of course the argument to this is that it will harm lower class consumers the most (if the price of goods goes up), there is not an easy answer, but to balance the budget while rolling out massive new programs will require hawkish solutions. I think as automation becomes more widespread and wealth more abundant, these programs will be an easier sell.

Yes, black people had historical disadvantages which carry over to today in some regards (lack of accumulated wealth), but this can be overcome with sound policies that unite rather than divide. Again I have no problem with you or your view, I just know you are a well-rounded person, and I think you should look at this issue objectively and not emotionally.

Again BLM is a heavily politicized movement. I do research on movements. I am (no shock to anyone hear) a huge fan of UBI, and I have cut ties with UBI movements because of their politicization the last several months (after mysterious donations wanting to defund the police and put the money into communities, etc...). So I have no issue admitting I was wrong about involvements with certain groups (even if I agree with the core principles). Heck, not too long ago I was an avid libertarian, now I realize how wrong I was about everything in that regard. Maybe 5-10 years from now my positions will be swayed again by evidence. I do my best to be a good citizen and educate myself on what I feel is best for everyone in our country, and yes those views change with the evidence and the social climate. You may not agree with all of my views, but its not fair to say that I have bad intentions (not directed at you, but at some others), I want our country to be united, strong, and moving forward.
September 23rd, 2020 at 8:05:26 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
I knock then wait
What do you do?
What else is there to do but wait?
If you are not waiting after the knock, what is the purpose of the knock?

If they are not granted entry they can go in
September 23rd, 2020 at 8:19:40 PM permalink
terapined
If they are not granted entry they can go in

How long do they have to wait? Nano second?
Say it takes the ram 3 hits to take the door open.
Just claim the 1st 2 hits are a knock

Serious question. Why not knock, wait, and have a guy watching the back door. These were good people living there. They would have answered the door and would have been honest. It was the home a paramedic. A hero.
Just knock, wait for the door to open and politely ask your question. Is so and so here. No, cool, we will leave.
September 23rd, 2020 at 8:48:49 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
2 officers shot in Louisville (so far)

I'd bet there would be rioting even if the police involved in Breonna Taylor shooting were executed on the spot today - it is rioting for the sake of rioting

Do the rioters even understand the Grand Jury system in this country? They were presented with evidence that it was NOT "no knock" warrant (the media got this wrong) - had a witness (non police) state that the police knocked and then, upon entry, were shot at - they returned fire and Breonna Taylor was shot

If boyfriend is armed, Breonna is considered to be armed as she is part of his group.
Boyfriend shot into a dark hallway not knowing what he was shooting
I didn't know that before and that is a game changer
Turned out he was blindly shooting at Police Officers
He is to blame for Breonna's death, if you shoot at cops, they are going to shoot back
Family received a $12M settlement over the No Knock Warrant issue, even though cops reportedly announced themselves.
Maybe they did, maybe they didn't, tell you what, here is $12M tax free.
The only officer acting outside of policy by blindly shooting into apartment gets three felony count charge.
No one is bringing Breonna back from the dead, what did the BLM Mob expect "justice" to look like?

Lousiville AG should charge boyfriend with the Breonna's murder.
When you act recklessly and someone dies, you are responsible
Shooting blindly down a hallway at people you can't see is illegal & reckless.
His actions prompted the officers to legally return fire and Breonna gets killed.
The boyfriend is responsible for her death.
But of course he'll continue to be portrayed as a victim that did nothing wrong.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
September 23rd, 2020 at 11:56:39 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

It' s amusing that you can't see
it's a racist statement. The way
it's said is Black lives matter
over all other lives. That's
ridiculous and racist. All lives
matter equally, to single out
a race is a farce. You could carry
it one step further and say Black
lives matter so much we'll give
them their own bathrooms
and drinking fountains and
neighborhoods.

See how it's racist yet? The
real statement should be
Black lives matter as much
as all lives matter.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 24th, 2020 at 2:48:25 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
I know many black men (I live in a mostly black city). I know plenty of white people and black people who love BLM and plenty who are skeptical. I am not going to play the I know more black people than you card (though I probably could), but the idea that I don't interact with black people is absurd, in fact I mostly interact with black people (especially if you count coworkers).

You are wasting your time. He backed himself into a corner by committing 100% allegiance to BLM despite several of us here pointing out the racism and violence of the group. He denied the group was doing it even as they claimed responsibility. Now he is too far down the road to save face. Facts do not matter to him.

BLM is really the same kind of communist group OWS is. They want what others have because they do not have it. If you look at the history of fascism in the 1930s, BLM is fitting right in with what the SA was. BLM and Antifa are modern brownshirts. Same tactics now as then, maybe a bit modernized. Still about threatening people and destroying things. Same core beliefs and political goals.

The end may be the same. Once the left uses BLM to gain power they will probably be cast aside same as the Nazis destroyed the SA. I doubt a Night of the Long Knives here and today, but you will get a liberal pol in power and he will not want to be associated with what BLM stands for. Power having been consolidated BLM will no longer be needed.
The President is a fink.
September 24th, 2020 at 5:02:00 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
2 officers shot in Louisville (so far)

Oh no!

Were any nearby walls injured?

#AWM (all walls matter)
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 24th, 2020 at 8:04:06 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: JCW09

Lousiville AG should charge boyfriend with the Breonna's murder.

ROTFL
You really dont understand what happened.
Talk about wanting to throw gas on a fire
Arresting the boyfriend is about the dumbest thing Ive ever heard on this board.
Right up there with “A straight man will not go for kids.” lol