I Side With

June 11th, 2020 at 12:37:23 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
I do not think it helped. What helped was Trump calling out her crookedness.

I remember her Senate campaign. She kept tying the guy to the "Contract on America." Did he defend himself? Nope. Did he ask her what part of it she was against? Nope. He did the "honorable" thing. He lost.

Okay, would you like me to pull up your voluminous posts discussing how you perceived Hillary as a candidate and quote all of them? Plenty of material. Probably an entire reference catalog, by themselves.

Now, you're going to say all of those things about Hillary...and then simultaneously say that you don't think having her as an opponent helped him win?

Please tell me you see the disconnect there. I'm begging you.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 11th, 2020 at 12:41:51 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Mission146
Okay, would you like me to pull up your voluminous posts discussing how you perceived Hillary as a candidate and quote all of them? Plenty of material. Probably an entire reference catalog, by themselves.

Now, you're going to say all of those things about Hillary...and then simultaneously say that you don't think having her as an opponent helped him win?

ROTFL
Good one Mission. Got AZ to paint himself into a corner.
I may have to unblock the response :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 11th, 2020 at 1:05:36 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
while he condemns anyone in the current set of protests as looters and rioters,

The only conclusion I can make is that you discuss what Trump says without actually knowing what Trump says! He is supporting the protesters right to protest while wanting to eliminate the protesters 'right' to loot! He absolutely does not condemn anyone who was protesting peacefully, and following the law. It is really amazing how you have fallen into the "Trump bad" group without actually having a fact to back it up. He has said nothing about the George Floyd murder that I find offensive. He condemns the manner in which he died. Use an actual quotation of his to prove your point, please. Your friend, SOOPOO.
June 11th, 2020 at 1:10:18 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

I do not see a disconnect. See, Hilary had all the things I said. But the average person does not see all her problems. The drive-by media surely will not point them out. Trump had to point them out.

Obama had a ton of problems. Biggest was an anemic recovery and he presided over more than half the months of >7% unemployment of all POTUS combined. But this did not hurt him. Romney did not exploit it, either.
The President is a fink.
June 11th, 2020 at 1:31:51 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
The only conclusion I can make is that you discuss what Trump says without actually knowing what Trump says! He is supporting the protesters right to protest while wanting to eliminate the protesters 'right' to loot!

BS
He prevented people in Lafayette Park to protest peacefully for a photo op.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 11th, 2020 at 1:41:25 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Okay, that's clearly Unconstitutional. Free Association, Free Speech. The stations can be as imbalanced as they want to. Limbaugh's not even THAT bad. He says something that makes sense twice a year or so. That's a better batting record than most political radio personalities.

Fairness Doctrine was initiated at a time with 3 network stations and no internet existed and most people had few radio stations, except locally. The idea was to make sure the public got diverse views.

It was hardly unfairness. Some people like to rewrite history.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 11th, 2020 at 1:43:45 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
BS
He prevented people in Lafayette Park to protest peacefully for a photo op.

Don't be so simple. They were protesting before his 'photo op'. They were protesting during his photo op, just a block away. They continue protesting after his photo op. Peaceful protest will not be stopped. People are moved or limited in movement ALL THE TIME to secure the safety of the POTUS. I was held on a street corner in DC for 10ish minutes when Obama was being driven crosstown for a dinner date with Michele. Apparently they had 3 separate routes with all streets blocked off, with 2 using faux Presidential caravans. If that is what is needed to insure a POTUS' safety, I'll tolerate my temporary immobility. I'll tell you something I know for sure.... had the 'peaceful' protesters not burnt the church, Trump wouldn't have used it for a photo op!
June 11th, 2020 at 1:55:27 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Don't be so simple.!

Well that would be my same response to you. Trump is too clueless to recognize the difference between a protest of office workers against paper cuts, and a nationwide protest that's still riling the nation which broadly encompasses authority using senseless force.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 11th, 2020 at 1:58:57 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Well that would be my same response to you. Trump is too clueless to recognize the difference between a protest of office workers against paper cuts, and a nationwide protest that's still riling the nation which broadly encompasses authority using senseless force.

He is smart enough to tell the difference between thug rioters and a peaceful protest. BLM and ANTIFA are not a "protest." They are violence just needed an excuse.
The President is a fink.
June 11th, 2020 at 1:59:10 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
The only conclusion I can make is that you discuss what Trump says without actually knowing what Trump says! He is supporting the protesters right to protest while wanting to eliminate the protesters 'right' to loot! He absolutely does not condemn anyone who was protesting peacefully, and following the law. It is really amazing how you have fallen into the "Trump bad" group without actually having a fact to back it up. He has said nothing about the George Floyd murder that I find offensive. He condemns the manner in which he died. Use an actual quotation of his to prove your point, please. Your friend, SOOPOO.
Damn, and I have the perfect animated gif for this one!!
But alas, I'm not allowed to use those anymore. *sigh

But that's OK, I'll give you 2 thumbs up instead. 👍👍

It's amazing yet sad how people always mischaracterize what Trump says.
Trump could help an old lady cross the street, yet libbies would still find something negative to say about it. 😒

Don't be so simple. They were protesting before his 'photo op'. They were protesting during his photo op, just a block away. They continue protesting after his photo op. Peaceful protest will not be stopped. People are moved or limited in movement ALL THE TIME to secure the safety of the POTUS. I was held on a street corner in DC for 10ish minutes when Obama was being driven crosstown for a dinner date with Michele. Apparently they had 3 separate routes with all streets blocked off, with 2 using faux Presidential caravans. If that is what is needed to insure a POTUS' safety, I'll tolerate my temporary immobility. I'll tell you something I know for sure.... had the 'peaceful' protesters not burnt the church, Trump wouldn't have used it for a photo op!
2 more thumbs up!! 👍👍