I Side With

June 11th, 2020 at 8:17:33 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
It is not all about you, Bo. What I mean is in this world if a person defends white people they are called a racist. If they call out bad behavior no matter how deserved they are called a racist. Which is a big part of what is causing the problems we see today. BLM is the same result you get when you never correct a child and they eventually reach adulthood.

It is all about me, Bo, because I only control my own actions. I don't call people racists for defending other white people. I call people racists for attacking or denigrating people of a race that is not theirs, due to race. You don't have to be an advocate for anything or anyone to not be a racist; you just have to not do and say racist things. It's a non-action, not a positive action.

Racists---Treat other people of different races worse or say bad things about them due to their race exclusively.

Not Racist---Person who does and says nothing related to race.

Advocate---Speaks or acts in opposition to the racists.

So, if you're sitting at home, drinking a nice cold beer and watching Judge Judy reruns blissfully unconcerned with the world around you, that doesn't make you a racist. If you think white people are being unfairly criticized as an entire group, and you say or do something about it (within the law) that makes you an advocate for white people. I'm an advocate against anything that is racist, but for the most part, I focus my ire on individuals who do/say racist things. I think you were the first to bring up KKK...I honestly don't think about them that much because they're generally irrelevant.

As far as anything individual people are doing goes, an action is either legal or illegal. Some questions have extremely simple answers, at least, for me.

Quote:
Keep it for yourself as you probably forget when the Democrats tried on more than one occasion to bring back the "Fairness Doctrine" to silence Limbaiugh and other outlets. Not to mention their calls to boycott advertisers of anyone who dares speak something off the PC Plantation.

Okay, I'm just going to assume that's true because I don't know anything about it and you're not the type to deliberately mislead.

1.) I'm not a Democrat.

2.) Free Speech is our most inviolable right and should ALWAYS be held dear unless the speech itself is a crime (imminent threat) or is such that would cause an imminent disaster. ("Fire" in a theater.)

3.) I don't know what you mean, 'Silence,' Limbaugh. I'd need to know more specifics to know if I have a problem with it.

4.) Politicians, in general, should NEVER use their positions to call for or against anything (outside of the scope of direct laws) that would directly impact private or publicly-traded businesses. If citizens call for a boycott, that's fine. I think Elected officials are some of the only ones who should actually have their Constitutional Rights a bit more limited because they should not speak as a private citizen would. This would also go for anyone running for an office.

Quote:
My position on it is this. If you do not like it, do not look at it. I do not like the gay flag but I do not demand it be removed. I go about life. I wish the haters would do the same.

That's just a difference in personal perspective.

Suppose I respect you as a human being, which I do. Now, imagine that I was wearing some T-Shirt over to your house that made a snide comment about Christianity (I own no such shirt and wouldn't wear it to your house if I did) and you took offense and asked me not to wear it anymore; I'd not wear it over to your place again. Why? Because I don't hate you.

Now, let's take this anti-Christian thing and slap it on a Government building, an official building of the PUBLIC paid for with tax money. Everytime the Christians go by the public building, which they sometimes must to conduct certain affairs, they have something that they perceive ridicules their religion staring them in the face. Is that appropriate for a Government building? Maybe they can just look away from it.

Now, you might make a counterpoint vis-a-vis protests, but protests are different. It's different than the Government building itself actually putting the thing there.

Government buildings should have one display and one display only, and that's the flag of the United States of America. PERIOD. We also shouldn't be wasting money on statues of any kind, but that's neither here nor there...Oh, State/City/County flags, also.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 11th, 2020 at 8:36:39 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146

3.) I don't know what you mean, 'Silence,' Limbaugh. I'd need to know more specifics to know if I have a problem with it.

I mean make it impossible for stations to carry his show by requiring "balanced" viewpoints be shown.

Quote:
Now, let's take this anti-Christian thing and slap it on a Government building, an official building of the PUBLIC paid for with tax money. Everytime the Christians go by the public building, which they sometimes must to conduct certain affairs, they have something that they perceive ridicules their religion staring them in the face. Is that appropriate for a Government building? Maybe they can just look away from it.

Religion has nothing to do with this. We are talking famous people from history. We are talking a flag that flew over these places. Should LA remove anything indicating France once had the title to the land?

Now, you might make a counterpoint vis-a-vis protests, but protests are different. It's different than the Government building itself actually putting the thing there.

Quote:
Government buildings should have one display and one display only, and that's the flag of the United States of America. PERIOD. We also shouldn't be wasting money on statues of any kind, but that's neither here nor there...Oh, State/City/County flags, also.

Well, suggest all MLK statues be torn down. See what happens there.
The President is a fink.
June 11th, 2020 at 8:41:37 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
I mean make it impossible for stations to carry his show by requiring "balanced" viewpoints be shown.

Okay, that's clearly Unconstitutional. Free Association, Free Speech. The stations can be as imbalanced as they want to. Limbaugh's not even THAT bad. He says something that makes sense twice a year or so. That's a better batting record than most political radio personalities.

Quote:
Religion has nothing to do with this. We are talking famous people from history. We are talking a flag that flew over these places. Should LA remove anything indicating France once had the title to the land?

L.A., as in, official Government buildings? United States of America flag, California State Flag, Los Angeles County Flag (if applicable) City of Los Angeles Flag. Is there any confusion I need to clarify?

Quote:
Well, suggest all MLK statues be torn down. See what happens there.

When did I say torn down? Sell it to a private entity and move it to a privately owned place.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 11th, 2020 at 8:45:51 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Okay, that's clearly Unconstitutional. Free Association, Free Speech. The stations can be as imbalanced as they want to. Limbaugh's not even THAT bad. He says something that makes sense twice a year or so. That's a better batting record than most political radio personalities.

Listen more often, he makes sense 99% of the time.

Quote:
L.A., as in, official Government buildings? United States of America flag, California State Flag, Los Angeles County Flag (if applicable) City of Los Angeles Flag. Is there any confusion I need to clarify?

LA as in Louisiana. But now that you bring it up, CA has the flag of a rebel country on it. Should that be removed so people of Mexican decent are not offended?
The President is a fink.
June 11th, 2020 at 8:49:03 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Listen more often, he makes sense 99% of the time.

Given the choice between tuning into that fat, irritating, self-masturbatory, gravelly-voiced blowhard, "More often," and suicide...well, it's a shame we won't get to enjoy our little talks anymore.

Besides, I like Glenn Beck for my far right radio. He's funny.

Quote:
LA as in Louisiana. But now that you bring it up, CA has the flag of a rebel country on it. Should that be removed so people of Mexican decent are not offended?

The United States of America flag, State Flag, County Flag, City Flag.

If someone wants to petition for a change to the flag itself, then they are free to do so.
June 11th, 2020 at 11:17:27 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
A GOP POTUS cannot afford to be "well mannered" in this day and age. Bush43 tried that and got torn to pieces.
+1,000

Gotta agree with AZ again. Even Reagan wouldn't be able to win today if he conducted himself the same way he did in the 80's.

Hell, just look at Romney in 2012. He was squeaky clean and probably could have gotten elected 20 years earlier, but not today. The media has made it impossible for a Republican to win as a "gentleman".
June 11th, 2020 at 11:26:29 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Shrek
+1,000

Gotta agree with AZ again. Even Reagan wouldn't be able to win today if he conducted himself the same way he did in the 80's.

Hell, just look at Romney in 2012. He was squeaky clean and probably could have gotten elected 20 years earlier, but not today. The media has made it impossible for a Republican to win as a "gentleman".

Assume that Rightist is gonna right and Leftist gonna left. Assume that some 40% of voters are already stone cold locks for each of the two parties. Where do you win or lose the Election?
June 11th, 2020 at 12:12:23 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Assume that Rightist is gonna right and Leftist gonna left. Assume that some 40% of voters are already stone cold locks for each of the two parties. Where do you win or lose the Election?

You lose it when the media tags you and beats you with a nonissue they make an issue.

Like Romney was wealthy. Somehow this matters? He had a car elevator in his condo. So what? His hedge fund laid people off. Yes, that is business. He said he liked being able to fire people. When they are not doing their job they should be fired.

He said how good the kiosks were at Wawa. Some woman's show tried to make it out like he did not even know what they were.

Romney put up with all this. Trump says to quit acting like a child and ask a pertinent question.

Is why Trump won where Romney lost.
The President is a fink.
June 11th, 2020 at 12:25:03 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
You lose it when the media tags you and beats you with a nonissue they make an issue.

Like Romney was wealthy. Somehow this matters? He had a car elevator in his condo. So what? His hedge fund laid people off. Yes, that is business. He said he liked being able to fire people. When they are not doing their job they should be fired.

He said how good the kiosks were at Wawa. Some woman's show tried to make it out like he did not even know what they were.

Romney put up with all this. Trump says to quit acting like a child and ask a pertinent question.

Is why Trump won where Romney lost.

You don't think going up against the second-least popular non-incumbent POTUS Nominee from one of the two major parties in history might have helped Trump's cause a little bit?
June 11th, 2020 at 12:28:40 PM permalink
AZDuffman
You don't think going up against the second-least popular non-incumbent POTUS Nominee from one of the two major parties in history might have helped Trump's cause a little bit?

I do not think it helped. What helped was Trump calling out her crookedness.

I remember her Senate campaign. She kept tying the guy to the "Contract on America." Did he defend himself? Nope. Did he ask her what part of it she was against? Nope. He did the "honorable" thing. He lost.
The President is a fink.