I Side With

Page 9 of 10« First<678910>
June 12th, 2020 at 9:53:21 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: kenarman
Trump is a master of communication. He can get his point across, rile up the opposition and motivate his supporters with a couple of words. Obama could talk for an hour sounding like he was on the Harvard debating team. When he was done if you actually remembered a word he said and didn't fall asleep you realized he had said nothing.

Yes, Obama speaks very well.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 12th, 2020 at 10:03:33 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Mission146
Another great speech? Show me video evidence of one great speech he has made. He can’t even properly construct a sentence. I’m all in favor of him making the effort, but first that has to happen.

Nanci Pelosi is one of the few national level politicians who I somehow like even less than Trump, in case you wondered.

Trump made a great speech for the recent Space-X launch. He addressed the George Floyd stuff, in my opinion, perfectly. Those who hate Trump said it was a good speech but "not indicative of what he really believes". !!!!
June 12th, 2020 at 10:59:13 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
I will watch it as objectively as possible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCTHJ8Fy5pY

I see that we've started with this garbage song that they used to play on the News every day during the Persian Gulf, "Who died today," segment. Another stupid and unnecessary war, but that's neither here nor there. If we're going to have a song comprised 87% of naming random cities, can it at least be, "Living in America," by James Brown?

---I see he's doing the usual thing of maintaining the facial position of the last syllable spoken for a full half second after it's finished. Classic.

---The George Floyd part in the beginning was very good. 16:30-17:25, or so.

---"What further charges may be warranted against, sadly, the other three." Sadly!? Sadly!? They stood there and watched another cop kill a dude, what's sad about charging them with something?

---"ANTIFA and other left-wing groups...," Right, not a single right-winger has anything to do with the looting. Also, Anarchists don't really exist on the political spectrum. He was fine keeping it to, "Rioters and looters," and maybe even naming his non-centralized ghost enemy, ANTIFA, but that's about it.

---"Civilization must be cherished, defended and protected...," when does he plan to start doing that?

---"Protect our communities from gangs, and drugs...," But, you just said that we're not...oh, never mind. Also, drugs? The hell do drugs have to do with anything? Hydroxychloroquine is a drug. Maybe he meant that.

---"No one is more upset than fellow law enforcement officers...," You can't be serious.

---"My administration will stop mob violence and we'll stop it cold...," When does that start happening? Of course, this is the same guy who said we'd go from ten down to zero on COVID-19. Shouldn't we be at zero already? When does zero happen? I thought it was like the flu?

---(22:00) "Radical left criminals, thugs, and others...," Tell me he's not trying to p*** off the left some more. He's got to be one of the stupidest people to ever live.

---"I will not allow angry mobs to dominate, won't happen.," That didn't age well.

---He did a good job reading for the next several minutes. Two teleprompters, you can tell from where his eyes are going.

---"Godspeed," and also a reference to praying. BOO!!! Separation of Church and State. Yes, Obama also did it sometimes. Trust me, I know.

---He's actually not bad at reading out loud. He should do it more often.

(I still don't know if I can do this for 17 more minutes...)

---Was this indoors? Had to be. There's no way his bottom teeth wouldn't have started catching bugs by now.

---"He's a little different than a lot of other people, he likes rockets.," Okay, screw me, but that was oddly charming.

---"Sculpting aluminum, tightening valves, tuning nozzles, testing parachutes...," Sweeping the floor, installing new punch in clocks, getting new chairs for the breakroom, repainting the parking lot...why is this happening?

---"Launched by private American companies, at a fixed cost for the American taxpayer...," You're a Republican, so the cost is $0, right? Tell me it's $0. (Google search)---Not $0, damn.

---"We will soon have the greatest weapons in history...," Oh, right, Republicans. Almost forgot.

---"We are not going to be #2 anywhere...," at least this statement is generally correct. We could only hope to be as high as #2 in most measures.

---"Under my Administration, we have invested two-and-a-half trillion dollars in new planes, ships, submarines...," And, you're proud of that?

---He can probably do a good William Shatner impression.

---I am so bored. You have to understand I am committed, other than pausing to type, I am only watching this.

---"No other country has ever done it; the reasons are simple: cost...," Oh, so they are smarter than us. Okay. I kind of figured.

---"He said we only have a window of one second, and I walked out of here shaking my head.," Fine, that was pretty funny.

CONCLUSION

Good speech, shame it's to celebrate a pointless waste of money during a national deficit in the middle of a pandemic. This would be handled best by private companies only-if we're so insistent on pointless space exploration. Relative to the Universe, we already know we can't get very far, so what's the point?

SPEECH RATING: 6/10***

TRUMP-ADJUSTED SPEECH RATING: 77.3/10***

Is that his best, though? I think it probably has to be.

***This wasn't graded for grammar/diction, but he was just reading anyway, so that should all be decent.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 12th, 2020 at 1:17:02 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Yes, Obama speaks very well.

If you need to fall asleep yes. If you want someone interesting, not so much. Like listening to someone vomit platitudes.
The President is a fink.
June 12th, 2020 at 1:20:12 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Do you mean to say he speaks very well? Also, usually people can avoid thinking out loud while in the middle of a spoken sentence. Homeboy literally loses his place—in his own sentence—in real time. He speaks in the same fashion that a dyslexic second grader with a stuttering problem would read out loud.

The only skill I’ve ever seen is knowing many synonyms for the words, ‘Good,’ ‘Bad’ and, ‘Big.’

I think he speaks great.

I think you are asking for a suspension on the bolded part.

I like how he speaks. Like he is talking to you directly. I don't want to listen to the Yale Debate Club like we did in 2004.
The President is a fink.
June 12th, 2020 at 1:27:04 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
Do you mean to say he speaks very well? Also, usually people can avoid thinking out loud while in the middle of a spoken sentence. Homeboy literally loses his place—in his own sentence—in real time. He speaks in the same fashion that a dyslexic second grader with a stuttering problem would read out loud.

The only skill I’ve ever seen is knowing many synonyms for the words, ‘Good,’ ‘Bad’ and, ‘Big.’

I think he speaks great.

I think you are asking for a suspension on the bolded part.

I like how he speaks. Like he is talking to you directly. I don't want to listen to the Yale Debate Club like we did in 2004.

If I get suspended, I get suspended. Don't post like a snowflake. That's called a joke, there was a time in this country you could make those. Is Trump a member here? If not, I can't imagine what possible rule that breaks.

I talk to people directly from time to time and speak nothing like that. SOOPOO can attest, if he wishes, that I essentially speak as I write. Off-the-cuff, precise grammar and diction, highly specific words---no problem. Were Trump not an idiot, he could do the same.
June 12th, 2020 at 1:37:22 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
He speaks in the same fashion that a dyslexic second grader with a stuttering problem would read out loud.

I don't know if this is coincidence or fate, I am currently wearing my T-shirt that says "Dyslexics have more nuf"
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 12th, 2020 at 1:40:14 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: DRich
I don't know if this is coincidence or fate, I am currently wearing my T-shirt that says "Dyslexics have more nuf"

Hahaha! That's great.
June 12th, 2020 at 2:41:29 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Not sure where you get this on Trump. He always talks great

LMAO you always make me chuckle and although I may not express it, it's ALWAYS appreciated.
June 12th, 2020 at 4:03:33 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I think he speaks great. He does drive me a little nuts when he repeats as he is thinking, but that is because he is thinking and not focus group tested.

Only the best words.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
Page 9 of 10« First<678910>