No votes (0%)
3 votes (16.66%)

18 members have voted

July 28th, 2020 at 2:36:55 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: SOOPOO
I watch Fox, CNN, MSNBC, and whatever channel Lester Holt is on because my wife loves him. I have seen enough of Joe Biden to know that if the bar wasn't set this historically low (you just have to be better than Trump) he would not be deemed an acceptable candidate by ANYONE. The 'snippets' you mention are EVIDENCE of his lack of ability. If they didn't exist we wouldn't have that evidence, but sadly, we do.

Yeah, we've got an overly divisive @$$**** who hates a great many people and who is extremely arrogant whose cognitive capacity...on the best day of his life...could still be fairly called into question vs. a poor elderly man clearly in cognitive decline.

How's that two party system made necessary by the Electoral College working out for you guys?

Ah, well, at least I get to laugh regardless of the result.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 28th, 2020 at 3:05:46 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: RonC
I find his speeches, which I have listened to more than snippets of, about as interesting as watching paint dry. You are right; the bar is low. No one from the Biden camp talks about how much energy he has or how much time he spends working hard to become President. The other side attacks his lack of energy. It may be the perfect storm for him that allows simply standing on the stage to become a win.

I saw him answering questions today. He rambles off incoherently and then sometimes makes it back to answering the questions. He is still protected from the entirety of the press by the way he does events. That gives him mostly softball questions and he has a hard time hitting those out of the park. Maybe someday there will be a tough question.

Are you complaining about the strategy that is working for Biden so far? I mean, we could try to use something besides polls to see if the Biden campaign is smart or not, so what would you suggest instead?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 28th, 2020 at 3:08:01 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: RonC
I find his speeches, which I have listened to more than snippets of, about as interesting as watching paint dry.

It's true. Biden doesn't spend the majority of his speeches trashing half of America. I admit, it's kind of boring.
July 28th, 2020 at 3:11:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
My theory is, the Dems know
they have nobody to beat
Trump. So they aren't wasting
a potential good candidate.
He would lose and they couldn't
nominate him again in 2024.
Dems know Biden is a throw
away candidate.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 28th, 2020 at 3:12:50 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
My theory is, the Dems know
they have nobody to beat
Trump. So they aren't wasting
a potential good candidate.
He would lose and they couldn't
nominate him again in 2024.
Dems know Biden is a throw
away candidate.

EB’s political theories are always wrong (2012, GOP keeps House by 15+ seats in 2018), so the Dems are in good shape!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 28th, 2020 at 3:23:44 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
Are you complaining about the strategy that is working for Biden so far? I mean, we could try to use something besides polls to see if the Biden campaign is smart or not, so what would you suggest instead?
Rorschach test.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 28th, 2020 at 3:30:54 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tripdufan
It's true. Biden doesn't spend the majority of his speeches trashing half of America. I admit, it's kind of boring.

He doesn't have to, his supporters trash most of America regularly. The Squad, ANTIFA, BLM.....they let him keep his hands clean.
The President is a fink.
July 28th, 2020 at 4:06:42 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: ams288
EB’s political theories are always wrong (2012, GOP keeps House by 15+ seats in 2018), so the Dems are in good shape!

Not much critical thinking goes into "the republican will win".

Broken clocks are right twice a day.
July 30th, 2020 at 5:57:31 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
The candidate who is clearly losing right now wants to delay the election.

Quote: @realDonaldTrump
With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history. It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???

Kinda funny that certain righties scoff at the idea that Donny won’t peacefully leave office if he loses. Dude wants to delay the election!!! lol
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 30th, 2020 at 6:02:49 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: ams288
The candidate who is clearly losing right now wants to delay the election.

Kinda funny that certain righties scoff at the idea that Donny won’t peacefully leave office if he loses. Dude wants to delay the election!!! lol

Yeah he knows he will lose if things continue the way that they are and wants to delay the election for personal reasons, he does not care about voter saftey.