3 votes (16.66%)

18 members have voted

July 28th, 2020 at 12:36:34 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: petroglyph
That's gross.

Sitting on one's own foot? Why is that gross? I don't like to sit that way, but I've never thought of it as gross to do so.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 28th, 2020 at 12:37:04 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: ams288
Did Donny have a stroke? He was walking funny yesterday. Dragging his right foot.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1288168791290126336?s=21
Spurs
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 28th, 2020 at 12:40:58 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I’m sure our resident righties would be totally downplaying it if Biden suddenly started dragging his right foot while walking around. Nothing to see here! lol
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 28th, 2020 at 12:52:31 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I’m sure our resident righties would be totally downplaying it if Biden suddenly started dragging his right foot while walking around. Nothing to see here! lol

Iam way more concerned about Biden's inability to finish a coherent thought than his podiatric issues.

By the way, I saw a GREAT ad for Biden on TV yesterday. Lots of tasteful but powerful anti-Trump stuff, and Biden was made up to look young and vibrant. I can't wait for the montage ad of Kamala Harris quotes targeting Biden....
July 28th, 2020 at 1:42:27 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
Iam way more concerned about Biden's inability to finish a coherent thought than his podiatric issues.

At this point I can only assume you don’t actually watch any Biden speeches and only see the selectively cut snippets that right-wing media highlights.

It’s such a silly move - sets the goalposts so low for his debate performances. He literally only has to show up at this point to exceed expectations.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 28th, 2020 at 2:02:16 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
At this point I can only assume you don’t actually watch any Biden speeches and only see the selectively cut snippets that right-wing media highlights.

It’s such a silly move - sets the goalposts so low for his debate performances. He literally only has to show up at this point to exceed expectations.

I find his speeches, which I have listened to more than snippets of, about as interesting as watching paint dry. You are right; the bar is low. No one from the Biden camp talks about how much energy he has or how much time he spends working hard to become President. The other side attacks his lack of energy. It may be the perfect storm for him that allows simply standing on the stage to become a win.

I saw him answering questions today. He rambles off incoherently and then sometimes makes it back to answering the questions. He is still protected from the entirety of the press by the way he does events. That gives him mostly softball questions and he has a hard time hitting those out of the park. Maybe someday there will be a tough question.
July 28th, 2020 at 2:13:44 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator

Personally, I see no real advantage to be had in even showing up.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 28th, 2020 at 2:20:03 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Mission146
Personally, I see no real advantage to be had in even showing up.

I think he can only hurt himself by showing up. If everything stays as it is now he should skip the debates.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 28th, 2020 at 2:28:56 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: DRich
I think he can only hurt himself by showing up. If everything stays as it is now he should skip the debates.

I agree. I also think, in some aspects, having NO PRESIDENT would be better than having Trump as President...which is basically what I'm hoping we get out of Biden if he wins.
July 28th, 2020 at 2:33:06 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

I watch Fox, CNN, MSNBC, and whatever channel Lester Holt is on because my wife loves him. I have seen enough of Joe Biden to know that if the bar wasn't set this historically low (you just have to be better than Trump) he would not be deemed an acceptable candidate by ANYONE. The 'snippets' you mention are EVIDENCE of his lack of ability. If they didn't exist we wouldn't have that evidence, but sadly, we do.