No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
3 votes (16.66%)

18 members have voted

July 3rd, 2020 at 5:38:20 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler

Anyway, please tell how early voting is unsecure?

Its literally the exact same thing as going to vote on election day?....
What is one protocol that is different in early voting?

Very simple, the ballots are not secured. They are kept somewhere for days of early voting, allowing for much time for tampering. Lack of ID laws allow people to potentially show up at more than one time or place to make multiple votes.

There is also the chance that something happens to one candidate during the days of voting. Like in the Democrat zoo, er, primary this year when several candidates were told to and then dropped out after early voting started. What then?

There is no good reason for early voting.
The President is a fink.
July 3rd, 2020 at 5:43:26 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I will do the consetvatives a favor since they are not looking at their own white house data base.

1071 cases of voter fraud in the last 20 years across all elections (most were not mail related).... And, this number also includes voter intimidation (which is not really what most people mean when talking about fraud)....

For people who don't realize how statistically nothing 1071 over 20 years (overs several hundred elections) is, well I can't help them.....

The statement that 3 million illegal aliens voted in the last election alone is laughable...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whitehouse.gov/files/docs/pacei-voterfraudcases.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiun86irbLqAhVBmHIEHWPgBIcQFjACegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw323R1Z6g7oqQd8IbGSLlvj
July 3rd, 2020 at 6:46:15 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
You still have yet to demonstrate any increase fraud from mail in ballots.

You have to be kidding me, right? I have to demonstrate to you that an act has a response that anyone can see? I need to remove all stop signs from intersections to show you that there will be an increase in accidents if I do? You aren't able to figure it out all by yourself?

Just also humor me.... so a person is able to make it to some election office to give their signature, somehow prove to the official who they are, and then they can vote by mail? After doing the first thing they magically lose the ability to just get their ass to a polling station on the ONE day every two years?

I can't wait to see the handwriting experts that are analyzing each mail in ballot! You have to be kidding me...!! ENTER the real world!!!!!!

Now... I will remind you.... I do NOT think there will be overwhelming voter fraud.... the vast majority of people have no interest in that kind of fraud, and of course the fraud could be perpetrated by either side.... but I just want to eliminate as MUCH fraud as is possible..... REQUIRE ID to vote! Provide it free to everyone.... Hell, I'll even go so far as to use taxpayer money for transportation to the polling place for anyone who requests it.

Anyway..... you keep saying I have yet to demonstrate any increase in voter fraud from mail in ballots...... I'd say the burden of proof should be on you for tyou want to change the system that we have used for a few centuries.... Please demonstrate to me that there is no increase in voter fraud from mail in ballots.... I know... you can't....
July 3rd, 2020 at 6:55:12 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I will do the consetvatives a favor since they are not looking at their own white house data base.

1071 cases of voter fraud in the last 20 years across all elections (most were not mail related).... And, this number also includes voter intimidation (which is not really what most people mean when talking about fraud)....

For people who don't realize how statistically nothing 1071 over 20 years (overs several hundred elections) is, well I can't help them.....

The statement that 3 million illegal aliens voted in the last election alone is laughable...

You have to THINK what your statistics represent! Analogy time.... I'm guessing I have exceeded the speed limit over 50,000 times while driving. I have received 2 speeding tickets. I am not saying that is the ratio of voting fraud incidents that WERE FOUND OUT to actual voter fraud incidents.... But I am sure it is some HUGE multiple of the 1,000 you cite. Ummmm.... the people committing voter fraud try not to get caught... you are aware of that, right?

You catch a cashier skimming a $10 from the till.... what are the odds it is the ONLY time he has done so? VERY LOW!

Now..... I agree with you.... 3,000,000 illegals voting is silly.... Most do not want to possibly expose themselves and their illegal presence.... I would bet the number of illegals voting is probably in the low thousands.....
July 3rd, 2020 at 7:20:55 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: SOOPOO
You have to THINK what your statistics represent! Analogy time.... I'm guessing I have exceeded the speed limit over 50,000 times while driving. I have received 2 speeding tickets. I am not saying that is the ratio of voting fraud incidents that WERE FOUND OUT to actual voter fraud incidents.... But I am sure it is some HUGE multiple of the 1,000 you cite. Ummmm.... the people committing voter fraud try not to get caught... you are aware of that, right?

You catch a cashier skimming a $10 from the till.... what are the odds it is the ONLY time he has done so? VERY LOW!

Now..... I agree with you.... 3,000,000 illegals voting is silly.... Most do not want to possibly expose themselves and their illegal presence.... I would bet the number of illegals voting is probably in the low thousands.....

It is easy to catch people voting twice, very easy.... Pretty much everyone gets caught.

My parents always have a field day every election going on about how I still get ballots sent to their house all these years later and say "look how easy it is for somebody to vote in multiple locations, etc...".

Yes, it would be easy for me to vote in multiple houses. It is also easy for the government to catch me after seeing I cast two votes (which is what many fraud cases are, people voting at prior addresses)....

Why would I risk several years of probabtion, 100 hours of community service and thousands of dollars in fines (based on the white doc that seems to be the norm) to vote twice (which is totally inconsequential) for an election I don't really care that much about?

The idea that most Americans care that much to put forth the effort to vote in multiple states knowing they will certainly caught and charged, when most Americans can't even bother to vote once....

Voter fraud is a minor issue to begin with. And, I don't see evidence that mail in votes are the problem (quite the opposite if you read the study the white house posted)......

The idea that poll workers are tampering ballots of early voters, or there is some postal union conspiracy to alter ballots is just so far off-base....

There are other (more) common methods of voter fraud (used loosely because the studies often combine the two), such as certain canidates rounding up homeless people to register to vote in exchange for money (this is usually for of a local level issue), or bussing large groups of elders from nursing homes in districts to vote or other "voter encouragement" for local canidates.... This is far more frequent than voting twice.... And, for local elections far more effective....
July 3rd, 2020 at 7:33:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
You have to be kidding me, right? I have to demonstrate to you that an act has a response that anyone can see? I need to remove all stop signs from intersections to show you that there will be an increase in accidents if I do? You aren't able to figure it out all by yourself?

There's a traffic model used in many places in Europe and Asia that uses a concept pioneered by a dutch engineer named Hans Monderman. Under many conditions removing signs creates traffic uncertainty. It's called "shared space".

Uncertainty slows the traffic. Instead of increasing accidents, it decreases them.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 3rd, 2020 at 8:09:28 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Anyway..... you keep saying I have yet to demonstrate any increase in voter fraud from mail in ballots...... I'd say the burden of proof should be on you for tyou want to change the system that we have used for a few centuries.... Please demonstrate to me that there is no increase in voter fraud from mail in ballots.... I know... you can't....

I say your claim makes as much sense, as trying to say basketball isn't a fair game because basketball players sometimes fake fouls so they can get a free throw or whatever the penalty is.

A game is fair even with these cheats because both sides are under the same conditions and trying to do the same cheat at times. Unless you can prove only one side does it, cancellation applies.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 3rd, 2020 at 8:24:26 PM permalink
Gandler

Just also humor me.... so a person is able to make it to some election office to give their signature, somehow prove to the official who they are, and then they can vote by mail? After doing the first thing they magically lose the ability to just get their ass to a polling station on the ONE day every two years?

I can't wait to see the handwriting experts that are analyzing each mail in ballot! You have to be kidding me...!! ENTER the real world!!!!!!

Now... I will remind you.... I do NOT think there will be overwhelming voter fraud.... the vast majority of people have no interest in that kind of fraud, and of course the fraud could be perpetrated by either side.... but I just want to eliminate as MUCH fraud as is possible..... REQUIRE ID to vote! Provide it free to everyone.... Hell, I'll even go so far as to use taxpayer money for transportation to the polling place for anyone who requests it.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/mail-in-ballot-voter-fraud/

https://observer.com/2020/06/does-mail-in-voting-increase-voter-fraud-we-did-the-math-the-answer-is-no/

'Envelopes are bar-coded in many states with a unique identifier that ties the ballot to the voter. The secrecy envelopes also require personal information that only the voter should have: the last four digits of the voter’s Social Security number and the voter’s signature. Mail ballots in several states rely on signature-verification tools to check voter authenticity. It would also be “very difficult” to forge a ballot that meets all the specification required to be read by a particular voting machine, which vary by jurisdiction, he said. '

-I just did. -
July 3rd, 2020 at 9:09:02 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I watched some of this Independence day celebration at Mt. Rushmore with President Trump sticking around for the fireworks. This is the longest I've probably ever watched RJT. I think it was good. South Dakota's governor is good looking.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/live/
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 4th, 2020 at 12:53:34 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
You have to be kidding me, right?

Unfortunately, I don't think he's kidding. 😦