No votes (0%)
3 votes (16.66%)

18 members have voted

September 22nd, 2020 at 5:04:01 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
Not at all! Trump ran on "Make America Great Again" and what with china virus is running on "do it again!" His platform is less bad regulation, get us out of bad treaties, don't start useless wars, constructionist judges not activist judges. In 3.5 years he has a huge record here to run on. Democrats will ruin the USA, but Trump is not running on that.

How is, "Make America Great Again," not a meaningless platitude? If, "Great," can mean whatever you want it to mean, then you can pretty much use whatever metric you want to declare that things have been made great.

What, "Less bad regulation?" I see a lot of tariffs and I see a lot of Federal Government spending, much of it related to the pandemic and completely unnecessary. Tariffs only hurt the end consumer. The unemployment bump up earlier this year was idiotic and Trump doing more of it from his own office is idiotic.

So...I disagree with a good number of his economic policies, and those are just the ones that I know of.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
September 22nd, 2020 at 5:14:40 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Also, I wouldn't call not starting useless wars a success; I'd just call it not failing abysmally. Wars should always be a last resort. It's like ownership of a personal weapon; you have it in case you need it, but you hope never to have to use it on someone.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
September 22nd, 2020 at 5:26:17 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
We are one week away from the first debate.

Seems like it’s the righties’ last hope for Biden to do something that will sink his campaign. His VP pick did no harm. The convention bounces are gone. He still leads by a comfortable margin in the polls.

And of course we have members that predict he won’t even show up for it (lol).
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 22nd, 2020 at 9:07:50 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
How is, "Make America Great Again," not a meaningless platitude? If, "Great," can mean whatever you want it to mean, then you can pretty much use whatever metric you want to declare that things have been made great.

It is called a slogan. A theme. Every POTUS candidate will have them. In 2016 Hillary had "Stronger Together" rumored to be the 20th idea they had ran past the focus groups. He followed up with the getting rid of useless regs, getting us out of bad treaties, etc. But you use the slogan to tie it all together.

Quote:
What, "Less bad regulation?" I see a lot of tariffs and I see a lot of Federal Government spending, much of it related to the pandemic and completely unnecessary. Tariffs only hurt the end consumer. The unemployment bump up earlier this year was idiotic and Trump doing more of it from his own office is idiotic.

So...I disagree with a good number of his economic policies, and those are just the ones that I know of.

Here is the Google top rank tracking site.

Trump has seemed to bring in corporate America in on the reg process. It is better to measure success by results not by how many pages of regs you write. Places like the EPA are filled with people who think that they are supposed to write as many regs as possible and they do not want industry input.

Most times industry will accept regs, but they have a better way of doing it since it is their business. When you get industry involved you get better results. Obama had a more "us vs. them" mentality as he spent no real time in the real world. Trump has put people with industry experience ahead of people with government experience.
The President is a fink.
September 22nd, 2020 at 11:50:31 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Question.... Late season hurricane is scheduled to hit gulf coast on Election day. Who (if anyone?) has the authority to delay the election? Can it be delayed by a single state? Can it be delayed by just parts of one state?
September 22nd, 2020 at 11:55:55 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: SOOPOO
Question.... Late season hurricane is scheduled to hit gulf coast on Election day. Who (if anyone?) has the authority to delay the election? Can it be delayed by a single state? Can it be delayed by just parts of one state?

I don’t know the official answer, but mine would be:

Tough luck. They should have voted early. 🤷‍♂️
September 22nd, 2020 at 12:03:22 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Your questions begs more not who, but how could anyone possibly successfully contest that voters can’t get to the polls under 9 feet of water or 90 mph winds.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 22nd, 2020 at 1:01:36 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

This is why early voting and vote by mail is important. I'm voting by mail. Everybody should have that right.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 22nd, 2020 at 1:09:05 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: terapined
This is why early voting and vote by mail is important. I'm voting by mail. Everybody should have that right.

Yup.

Michigan started mailing out absentee ballots on Saturday. Mine should arrive soon. I’m filling it out ASAP and returning it to the drop box.

(No - I’m not expecting MI to get hit by a hurricane anytime soon. Maybe Just a “hurricane of stupidity” if any Trump rallies get held here)
September 22nd, 2020 at 5:37:51 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined

Not relevant to my question. Since some vote in person.... if conditions prevent it... who, if anyone, can extend the election to another day, week, etc..?