Presidential Election 2020 Biden vs. Trump

Poll
4 votes (25%)
9 votes (56.25%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
3 votes (18.75%)

16 members have voted

June 16th, 2020 at 2:35:39 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 128
Posts: 13332
Quote: RonC

The Dems have a weak candidate and this is being trotted out not because "it could happen" (and it can't/won't) but because they think it is a silly idea they can plant in the minds of people and get it to stick. It just might work with their insane followers, like the ones who want to de-fund the police.


It is just the latest version of the decades long Dem warning of "If you do not keep us in power Jones will come and take the farm back!"
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
June 16th, 2020 at 4:43:38 AM permalink
Dalex64
Member since: Mar 8, 2014
Threads: 3
Posts: 3351
There was a call for Democrats and liberals to make ticket requests for Trump's Tulsa rally, so they would get the tickets and not go. That is why there have been a million ticket requests.

And it was asked before - if coronavirus is a hoax, why are people being asked to sign a waiver?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
June 16th, 2020 at 5:13:46 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 128
Posts: 13332
Quote: Dalex64
There was a call for Democrats and liberals to make ticket requests for Trump's Tulsa rally, so they would get the tickets and not go. That is why there have been a million ticket requests.

And it was asked before - if coronavirus is a hoax, why are people being asked to sign a waiver?


Yeah, right.

Because no telling when a liberal who refuses to work will show up and decide to sue. Suits based on hoaxes happen. Ask GM what happened with NBC and truck fires.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
June 16th, 2020 at 6:07:53 AM permalink
RonC
Member since: Nov 7, 2012
Threads: 7
Posts: 1408
Quote: Dalex64
And it was asked before - if coronavirus is a hoax, why are people being asked to sign a waiver?


Did President Trump Refer to the Coronavirus as a ‘Hoax’?

Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-coronavirus-rally-remark/

We can go through all of this again, but the "hoax" part as long been debunked.

Downplayed? Yes, in hindsight, everyone downplayed the virus based on the information in hand at that point. The President will pay more of a "responsibility cost" for that because he is the President, but leaders around the country--along with experts everyone wants to mention when they something negative is going on--all got it wrong. Hindsight is always 20/20.

No one is saying the virus does not exist and people are being asked to take care. If one is not comfortable with the going out in public, stay home!

Waivers make sense when you are trying to make sure people take things seriously.

Also, lots of people sign up and don't go. I doubt Democrats doing so intentionally moved the needle. They'll all claim they did it but probably didn't bother.
China Lied...How Many There Really Died?
June 16th, 2020 at 6:16:14 AM permalink
ams288
Member since: Apr 21, 2016
Threads: 18
Posts: 6443
Hmmm....

Quote:
Pence suggests on Fox and Friends the Tulsa rally may move outdoors: "It’s all a work in progress and we’ve had such an overwhelming response that we’re also looking at another venue. We’re also looking at outside activities..."
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 16th, 2020 at 6:27:04 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Member since: Feb 19, 2014
Threads: 15
Posts: 2282
Quote: ams288
Hmmm....


Generally outdoor venues can hold more people than indoor ones. This will not be an issue for any Biden rallies.....
June 16th, 2020 at 7:06:48 AM permalink
ams288
Member since: Apr 21, 2016
Threads: 18
Posts: 6443
Quote: SOOPOO
Generally outdoor venues can hold more people than indoor ones.


Outdoor venues will be safer as well. Cases are rising in Tulsa, and not just because of increased testing. Maybe the campaign is starting to read the writing on the wall?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 16th, 2020 at 7:36:02 AM permalink
Dalex64
Member since: Mar 8, 2014
Threads: 3
Posts: 3351
Quote: RonC
Did President Trump Refer to the Coronavirus as a ‘Hoax’?

Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-coronavirus-rally-remark/

We can go through all of this again, but the "hoax" part as long been debunked.

Downplayed? Yes, in hindsight, everyone downplayed the virus based on the information in hand at that point. The President will pay more of a "responsibility cost" for that because he is the President, but leaders around the country--along with experts everyone wants to mention when they something negative is going on--all got it wrong. Hindsight is always 20/20.

No one is saying the virus does not exist and people are being asked to take care. If one is not comfortable with the going out in public, stay home!

Waivers make sense when you are trying to make sure people take things seriously.

Also, lots of people sign up and don't go. I doubt Democrats doing so intentionally moved the needle. They'll all claim they did it but probably didn't bother.


Bottom line, what they are telling people is that if you come to the rally we can not guarantee your safety from the virus.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
June 16th, 2020 at 7:50:35 AM permalink
RonC
Member since: Nov 7, 2012
Threads: 7
Posts: 1408
Quote: Dalex64
Bottom line, what they are telling people is that if you come to the rally we can not guarantee your safety from the virus.


Safety from the virus cannot be guaranteed anywhere at this point--not in a riot, a protest, during an occupation, at the store, on a plane, in a city, in the country, etc.

Everyone has to decide what risks are acceptable to them.

I would be more comfortable attending an outdoor event than an indoor one at this point.
China Lied...How Many There Really Died?
June 16th, 2020 at 10:04:01 AM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 138
Posts: 21983
Quote: Dalex64
There was a call for Democrats and liberals to make ticket requests for Trump's Tulsa rally, so they would get the tickets and not go. That is why there have been a million ticket requests.


So within the space of a couple days,
the Dems got the word and requested
the majority of tickets for the rally.
I never even heard of this till now, yet
you think the Dems are so tuned in they
acted immediately en masse. Wow. I mean
just, wow.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.