The City on Fire

June 15th, 2020 at 7:25:30 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Mission146
Is it fine to burn every Wendy's down except for the one you personally visit and that wouldn't bother you?

That would definitely not be fine. In this scenario, I would support federal govt intervention to put an end to the Great Wendy’s Siege of 2020.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 15th, 2020 at 7:30:40 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288

I just find it very amusing how much some people seem to care about one burned down Wendy’s. Does it really have any effect on your life?

How is that different from saying that I don't care about one person being shot by the police? No, it doesn't have any real effect on my life.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 15th, 2020 at 7:34:48 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: DRich
How is that different from saying that I don't care about one person being shot by the police? No, it doesn't have any real effect on my life.

I’ve kept my thoughts about the police to myself (posting them would do no good and would get a lot of people’s panties in a twist), but I will say having our country’s police forces infused with way too many “bad apples” who think they can get away with murder does have an effect on my life.
June 15th, 2020 at 8:39:09 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Ron, Mission, gandler.... you are letting ams troll you, quite obviously. Please refrain from taking the rancid bait. Not wanting to quote Mission's lengthy posts, but he was spot on with his analysis of the cops' response a few posts back.
June 15th, 2020 at 8:52:52 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: SOOPOO
Ron, Mission, gandler.... you are letting ams troll you, quite obviously. Please refrain from taking the rancid bait. Not wanting to quote Mission's lengthy posts, but he was spot on with his analysis of the cops' response a few posts back.

That is why I have not responded to his more recent comments. If we truly never cared about anything that did not directly impact us, it would be a sad world.
June 15th, 2020 at 8:59:34 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: RonC
That is why I have not responded to his more recent comments. If we truly never cared about anything that did not directly impact us, it would be a sad world.

Everyone picks and chooses what they care about.

For conservative men, BURNING BUILDINGS always seems to be near the top of the list. Systemic racism? Nah.... can't be bothered over that one.
June 15th, 2020 at 9:04:17 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

For conservative men, BURNING BUILDINGS always seems to be near the top of the list. Systemic racism? Nah.... can't be bothered over that one.

Seems like there are 2 ams288's using the account. One seems to be able to think and the other not so much, 2 guesses which one brings more to the forum.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 15th, 2020 at 9:11:07 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8

You're ignoring what I've said more than once, which is likely intentional.

--The rioting, looting, attacks on individuals (including members of the press, violence against police, etc. is not in keeping with peaceful protest

--I am 100% in favor of peaceful protest

--I believe that something needs to be done about the issues with police and other systematic racial issues

--I know that the true work of change takes much more than a protest, taking a knee, etc. It will be hard work and take time, but we can't do what we have always done moving forward if we want things to change. Some of those things will take changing policies that people thought in the 1960's would help but have contributed to continuing poverty.

Just so you know, my favorite NASCAR driver happens to be black and I can prove that I liked him way before all of this happened. I like him because he is a good guy and is on an underdog team that I have always liked. Color wise, he could be green or purple, and I would still support him. I support the banning of the confederate flag from race tracks, since they are privately held or rented which means it is not suppression of free speech.

You can continue in your normal way--which is just to avoid any real discussion--or you can discuss issues.
June 15th, 2020 at 9:13:27 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: kenarman
Seems like there are 2 ams288's using the account. One seems to be able to think and the other not so much, 2 guesses which one brings more to the forum.

This hurts my feelings. 😔
June 15th, 2020 at 9:14:01 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Mission146
I watched the video and gave my fiancee this comparison:

Have you ever known that you were going to run into something, or maybe stub your toe, a split second before it happened, but without enough time to process it fully and react?

A better comparison is how an anesthesiologist trains so sudden emergencies don't get the best of him.

That was the cop's wheelhouse. Someone running away. They had his name, his car, and knew where he lived from all that. Could have just run at a distance to avoid the taser shot. He still had his gun if the guy came charging back at him.

You don't need the wheels of justice to grind quickly. There was no hurry. They were gonna grind. I presume they didn't find he was a violent criminal when they ran his license.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?