The City on Fire

June 14th, 2020 at 1:09:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Gandler
Link to the video? I think we may be talking about different Atlanta cases...

Pretty sure it's the same one.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 14th, 2020 at 1:15:57 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: SOOPOO
Nope... this is THE Atlanta case that is in the news now... the one which the police chief resigned after.... I don't know... a criminal steals a cops taser and when being chased turns and points it at the cop..... WTF else is the cop to do? Unless you think that the cop should run away from all criminals.... You steal a taser and point it at a cop..... you deserve to die.

That is what I thought too.

Atlanta madness for the Police Chief to resign.

Stole a taser off of the Officer and pointed it at the Officer. 100% justified shooting. The cop being fired was political, nothing more....
June 14th, 2020 at 1:16:34 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Nope... this is THE Atlanta case that is in the news now... the one which the police chief resigned after.... I don't know... a criminal steals a cops taser and when being chased turns and points it at the cop..... WTF else is the cop to do? Unless you think that the cop should run away from all criminals.... You steal a taser and point it at a cop..... you deserve to die.

I don't know about, "Deserve to die," per se---but I'll definitely say, "If you die, you die." Cops did nothing wrong on this one and completely followed protocol, at least, as far as I am aware of protocols.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 14th, 2020 at 1:17:25 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: rxwine
Pretty sure it's the same one.

Except he does not have a weapon until he does.

You say he was searched like it matter for what happens later.....

He then grabbed the taser and pointed it at the cop.

100% justified.
June 14th, 2020 at 1:17:27 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Gandler
That is what I thought too.

Atlanta madness for the Police Chief to resign.

Stole a taser off of the Officer and pointed it at the Officer. 100% justified shooting. The cop being fired was political, nothing more....

The cop was fired??????????? For that incident???????????? Please say you are wrong......
June 14th, 2020 at 1:19:04 PM permalink
rxwine
You steal a taser and point it at a cop..... you deserve to die.

You can kill someone with a punch? Do you deserve to die?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 14th, 2020 at 1:20:33 PM permalink
Gandler
The cop was fired??????????? For that incident???????????? Please say you are wrong......

Nope sadly. As of yesterday. He was fired with 24 hours (on a weekend).... No way for a proper investigation...

I hope he appeals through the union. Then again I don't blame him if he wants to get out of such a crazy city.... He was fired right around the time the Chief Resigned (my guess is he was threated to resign or be terminated)….

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/13/us/atlanta-police-shooting-wendys/index.html

And, now the Wendy's where this occurred was burned down by the raiders because you know, somehow that is relevant to all this...
June 14th, 2020 at 1:21:19 PM permalink
SOOPOO
You can kill someone with a punch? Do you deserve to die?

If you start punching a cop who is doing his job, I would consider the use of lethal force 100% justified. Perhaps the word 'deserve' is not exactly the best word, but if you do die during the encounter it is a reasonable outcome.
June 14th, 2020 at 1:32:36 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
Constitutionally, "police officers are allowed to shoot under two circumstances," says criminologist David Klinger of the University of Missouri St. Louis. The first circumstance is "to protect their life or the life of another innocent party" — what departments call the "defense-of-life" standard. The second circumstance is to prevent a suspect from escaping, but only if the officer has probable cause to think the suspect poses a dangerous threat to others.

Timing is everything here. He fired a taser, but he is facing away again and running away. I don't think he poses a dangerous threat to others.
June 14th, 2020 at 1:38:25 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Timing is everything here. He fired a taser, but he is facing away again and running away. I don't think he poses a dangerous threat to others.

This will be my last post on this..... A crazed drunk man with a weapon has just fired it at a police officer, after he has proven that two of them could not hold him down, and while he was aiming at a pursuing officer he was shot. I think cops use the phrase "good shoot".

Rx, we see the same video but obviously don't see the same thing....