No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

July 20th, 2021 at 10:04:16 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: petroglyph
https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/fauci-2012-gain-function-research-worth-risk-lab-accident-sparking-pandemic

https://youtu.be/KJIi_DotSB4

https://dailycaller.com/2021/04/04/nih-gain-of-function-anthony-fauci-review-board-wuhan-lab/

Impenetrable sources you’ve got there...

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 21st, 2021 at 4:17:18 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Poll finds majorities of unvaccinated Americans won't be persuaded to get jabbed by celebrities, door-to-door volunteers, or easy availability

They had to take a poll to show what is easy to see. If people want the vax they can easily get it. What I do not get is why someone thinks I am going to change my mind just because some celeb says to go and get it.
The President is a fink.
July 21st, 2021 at 5:52:34 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Poll finds majorities of unvaccinated Americans won't be persuaded to get jabbed by celebrities, door-to-door volunteers, or easy availability

They had to take a poll to show what is easy to see. If people want the vax they can easily get it. What I do not get is why someone thinks I am going to change my mind just because some celeb says to go and get it.

Yeah well people who don't listen to their Doctor, the CDC, WHO, and every other medical organization, probably will not be swayed by a random celebrity (and if they did value celebrity endorsement over the CDC and WHO that would be even more sad....)

By contrast, in the same study, 93% of fully vaccinated people will get a booster shot if advised by their doctor. It just shows the difference in mindset between vaccinated and unvaccinated.
July 21st, 2021 at 6:06:01 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
Quote: AZDuffman

Yeah well people who don't listen to their Doctor, the CDC, WHO, and every other medical organization, probably will not be swayed by a random celebrity (and if they did value celebrity endorsement over the CDC and WHO that would be even more sad....)

By contrast, in the same study, 93% of fully vaccinated people will get a booster shot if advised by their doctor. It just shows the difference in mindset between vaccinated and unvaccinated.

It shows some people want the vax and some do not, which is all good. Discussed it with my doctor yesterday, he understood I had concerns and was not at high risk. Got my tetanus and shingles though. Both of those are proven and the risk/benefit is there.

Sad is people thinking some celeb saying take it means people will take it at this point. Lots of people follow celebs in the USA, they are our royal class since we told the Brits to take your king and get the heck out of here. A royal class is anthropologically necessary for a society. Just not for everyone.
The President is a fink.
July 21st, 2021 at 6:49:56 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Well I have to hand it to Paul. He’s making a serious move here.

Quote:
U.S. Senator Rand Paul will make a criminal referral to the U.S. Department of Justice against Dr. Anthony Fauci, the head of the infectious diseases department at NIH. Paul’s threat was first announced on Sean Hannity’s Fox News show on Tuesday night and came after Fauci pushed back against the senator’s aggressive questioning during a senate committee hearing in Washington D.C.
“I will be sending a letter to the Department of Justice asking for a criminal referral because he has lied to Congress,” Senator Paul told Sean Hannity.

Will be interesting to see the outcome.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 21st, 2021 at 6:54:17 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine

No, it won't. Rand Paul is an idiot who is, to a not insignificant degree, responsible for the fact that some people think anyone who identifies as a Libertarian is an idiot.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 21st, 2021 at 7:00:06 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Paul is such a clown these days
This is all political BS
Paul has no interest in justice
That's why he went on Hannity of all places.
It's just shocking that a lot of intelligent conservatives are buying into this one human being is to solely be blamed for an international virus.
One human being is the Boogie man to an entire political party
Stunning.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 21st, 2021 at 7:03:17 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: Mission146
No, it won't. Rand Paul is an idiot who is, to a not insignificant degree, responsible for the fact that some people think anyone who identifies as a Libertarian is an idiot.

You ever see the “Never talk to the police” video?

One of the things I picked up from that, is not necessarily never talk to the cops, but never talk without legal counsel even when you know you’re absolutely innocent if you’re subject to legal jeopardy,

You’re putting yourself at risk. I don’t know if Fauci testified with any legal counsel.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 21st, 2021 at 7:14:02 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
You ever see the “Never talk to the police” video?

One of the things I picked up from that, is not necessarily never talk to the cops, but never talk without legal counsel even when you know you’re absolutely innocent if you’re subject to legal jeopardy,

You’re putting yourself at risk. I don’t know if Fauci testified with any legal counsel.

I want you to consider what you have said in terms of the implications of further Congressional testimony to be had at some point in the future.

When Congress calls for experts on a particular matter, or other Governmental officials, to come in and testify before the Congress, it is for the public good that we, as citizens, are able to hear the unadulterated facts, opinions and experiences of that person. Theoretically, the primary function of Government, whether or not you agree with the things that it does, is to create laws that ultimately promote the public good.

Congressional hearings as to these matters inform the public perception so that the public can decide, "What is the public good?", and then vote for a particular policy or individual accordingly.

When we weaponize the Congressional testimony based on the speculation of one person, namely Rand Paul, who happens to be an idiot...we thereby dissuade future individuals from appearing before the Congress freely and giving an unadulterated opinion on matters. Consequently, the result will be every single statement going through layers upon layers of attorneys dissecting every bit of legal minutiae involved with any particular statement.

Consequently, if the person to testify says anything at all, it will be such a highly sanitized legalese, "Counsel recommends," version of itself as to not convey anything of value to the ordinary American citizen, and thereby, negating the reason that such hearings---at least in theory---exist in the first place.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 21st, 2021 at 7:25:02 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Rand Paul is butthurt that Fauci made a fool of him yesterday at that hearing for everyone to see. That’s all.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman