No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

July 21st, 2021 at 9:47:05 AM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: Mission146
It's helpful, but also goes to demonstrate why Rand Paul is an idiot. It's a guttural reaction that he is trying to give academic/legal credence to---this bad thing happened, thus, we must find someone to blame for it even if one must bend over backwards to justify blame casting.

Do you agree that the Wuhan Lab was actively involved in "gain of function" research?
Do you agree that Fauci controlled organizations that provided funding/grants to the Wuhan Lab?
Fauchi won't admit to either of these facts that seem to be proven by third party investigation and cited by Rand Paul yesterday.
Does that make Fauci solely responsible for Covid-19, unlikely.
But it doesn't make him blameless either. He should have known what labs he was funding were doing.
There is no doubt that Fauci got owned yesterday by anyone who understands the terms "gain of function" & "funding"
It is clear, Fauci got caught funding a lab that was performing gain of function research likely without his knowledge.
It's not a good look and he is trying to deflect that with claims that Rand Paul doesn't know what he is talking about
But Fauci provides no defense or explanation for the facts that Paul laid out in the Committee.
Fauci should just admit that they gave funding to the Lab and behind his back they were doing some bad stuff.
Subsequently, that bad stuff may have lead to the leak of Covid-19.
That is the truth, but he can't ever admit to those facts because it is a super bad look for his image as The Authority on Covid
Which of course he isn't as he got this pandemic as wrong a just about everyone else.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
July 21st, 2021 at 10:07:07 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: JCW09
Do you agree that the Wuhan Lab was actively involved in "gain of function" research?
Do you agree that Fauci controlled organizations that provided funding/grants to the Wuhan Lab?
Fauchi won't admit to either of these facts that seem to be proven by third party investigation and cited by Rand Paul yesterday.
But it doesn't make him blameless either. He should have known what labs he was funding were doing.
There is no doubt that Fauci got owned yesterday by anyone who understands the terms "gain of function" & "funding"
It is clear, Fauci got caught funding a lab that was performing gain of function research likely without his knowledge.
It's not a good look and he is trying to deflect that with claims that Rand Paul doesn't know what he is talking about
But Fauci provides no defense or explanation for the facts that Paul laid out in the Committee.
Fauci should just admit that they gave funding to the Lab and behind his back they were doing some bad stuff.
That is the truth, but he can't ever admit to those facts because it is a super bad look for his image as The Authority on Covid
Which of course he isn't as he got this pandemic as wrong a just about everyone else.

1.) Do you agree that the Wuhan Lab was actively involved in "gain of function" research?

---I have no idea and do not care.

2.) Do you agree that Fauci controlled organizations that provided funding/grants to the Wuhan Lab?

Is Fauci denying these so-called, "Facts," or simply not admitting them? If they only, 'Seem to be proven,' then by what standard have they become facts? Proof is not something that exists by degree. The statements are either proven or not.

Is Fauci solely responsible for Covid, absolutely not. Not unlikely---he's just not solely responsible. Any hint to the contrary is immediately ridiculous just because it would take more than one person to do!

Should he have known what the labs were doing? What if the money was supposed to be for something else? Were the labs actually doing that?

Why should Fauci admit that if he can make any case that he doesn't believe it to be true? Actually, in this country, NOBODY can demand you admit anything, ever.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 21st, 2021 at 10:08:45 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

The thing is, I think approval as to whether or not to fund research in a Chinese lab as a security risk is not in his qualifications or job description. Nor should any non-security expert be required to effectively monitor lab work in a Chinese lab given the nature of the Chinese government.

It's the CIA's job to put spies to work for this to be effective. It would be different if it was an all American controlled facility in China, such as like an Embassy. Then if you find neglect in security, you blame the American chief of whatever organization it is.

BUT, if Fauci's name is clearly on a document stating he knows the chinese are working on modifying virus to test making it more dangerous, then you can nail him.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 21st, 2021 at 10:25:47 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Rand Paul, in general, was at no point, "Somewhat reasonable."

That may be true, it may be my screwed memory. I know when I was younger and in my libertarian phase, I was obsessed with the Paul's. Mostly Ron Paul, but Rand was regarded as better than most Republicans by my group at the time. Now I realize how insane they are.

Though that phrase was mostly referring to him standing up to Trump by pointing out basic facts from Trump's legal history, to now being a total lackey.... He did a complete 180 on the Trump issue, everything else aside.... It just goes to show, he is a total politican and will say what he thinks his base wants to hear. Ron Paul to his credit, never had this issue (he was fine holding his ground against the party), of course Rand is a Senator so had to appeal to the whole State versus a small district with specific voters.....
July 21st, 2021 at 10:53:53 AM permalink
JCW09
1.) Do you agree that the Wuhan Lab was actively involved in "gain of function" research?

2.) Do you agree that Fauci controlled organizations that provided funding/grants to the Wuhan Lab?

My mistake for misinterpreting your six posts today on the Rand Paul/Fauci exchange meant you cared.
July 21st, 2021 at 11:06:40 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
My mistake for misinterpreting your six posts today on the Rand Paul/Fauci exchange meant you cared.

Trumpers only believe you care if you take their side.
If you don't, then they resort to insults
Typical JCW
When he or she comes against a logical counterpoint
He or she just can't defend logically and just attack
Sad.
Hmm
Didn't this funding happen on Trumps watch
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 21st, 2021 at 11:07:28 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23

I do care; I care about not disincentivizing people from making relatively unguarded statements in hearings that purportedly exist to serve the public good.

I don't care about the two more specific questions that you asked.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 21st, 2021 at 12:20:11 PM permalink
JCW09
Quote: terapined
If you don't, then they resort to insults
Typical JCW
When he or she comes against a logical counterpoint
He or she just can't defend logically and just attack
Sad.
Hmm
Didn't this funding happen on Trumps watch

Funny as I regularly put out long posts with actual facts.
Substantive stuff unlike you, RxED.
With your Intriguing takes like "it's all BS"
Or quality additive lines like "Hmmm" or "Sad".
You are such a High IQ thinker (or you're a complete joke, it's so hard to tell)
July 21st, 2021 at 12:48:32 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
Does that mean you are a Trumper?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 21st, 2021 at 12:51:05 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
Does that mean you are a Trumper?

Hardly
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"