No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

July 16th, 2021 at 10:32:10 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: rxwine
What do you think about the legality of the government mandating it?

For instance what if the disease was much worse, more mortality?

I'm pretty sure there'd be blood in the streets from many of the same people who say the government can't force you to take it. (From those same people gunning people down who say they refuse to take it.)

That's based on the premise that some newer infectious diseases were progressively rated worse, the "rights" outcry would also get progressively quiet. I don't know where that would start. 10% deadly, 15%, 30%? Add in something like smallpox effects to survivors and besides death, survivors end up with horrible disfigurement even when they live.

Wouldn't be surprised if some of the flipfloppers would then argue, well, I don't believe in forcing it if it was just me, but I have to protect my family from dying, or some similar excuse. Then machine gun their neighbors who are recaltrant all done un=ironically.

Oh legally, they could mandate it.

This was determined the the Supreme Court during Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 1905. States and localities have a right to mandate vaccines for all residents, the Federal Government is more of a gray area, though they probably could.
July 16th, 2021 at 10:40:15 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: OnceDear
Well, I DO encourage everyone eligible to get the vaccine, subject to medical advice. My wife had to briefly discontinue imune suppressant medication for the weeks either side vaccination. She new that skipping her regular meds was an issue, of itself, and she was advised not to expect to be fully protected by the vaccine. It was all about compromise.

That hilights the problem with trust the scientists. My wife has also on immune depressant drugs and has for over 10 years. We checked were her medical support staff and they said to get vaccinated and with no pause in her drug regime, which she did. My brother-in-law has stage 4 cancer and has been on both chemo and radiation therapy. His cancer doctor gave him his vaccination shots (he has had 2 Pfizer now) right in the clinic..

So this shows that the UK and Canada have very different ideas on the vaccines. Why be so hard on people that see there is no firm consensus world wide on the vaccines and decide they are not yet comfortable taking the vaccine. I am not an antivaxer and am double shot, take an annual flu shot and was fully vaccinated as a kid with boosters as required. Having said that the civil liberty side of forcing someone to take anything into their body is huge to me.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 16th, 2021 at 11:30:35 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
Because the baby gets citizenship. Then they go back home and the baby qualifies for handouts to citizens. Or gets radicalized and is allowed to return as a USA hating adult.

Simple security says no pregnant women allowed until we correct citizenship to people born here to at least 1 citizen parent.

But, you said our declining population and birthrates that are below replacement levels are...

Ah, screw it.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 16th, 2021 at 11:44:04 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Mission146
But, you said our declining population and birthrates that are below replacement levels are...

Ah, screw it.

I'm totally confused why Republicans haven't initiated a serious and very public constitutional amendments move for getting rid of the so-called "anchor baby" issue. Someone explain (maybe in the other thread) why Trump didn't say that as loudly as he said the the wall stuff.

It always seems to be popular among the same conservatives that love "the wall".
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 16th, 2021 at 11:56:06 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Your sophistry is showing.

Such a fancy word to say you don't agree with me. You know fancy words don't make you right.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 16th, 2021 at 12:01:46 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146

Ah, screw it.

How does a woman having a baby and leaving affect our TFR?
The President is a fink.
July 16th, 2021 at 5:36:16 PM permalink
rxwine
There's a logical reason for requiring even the vaccinated to wear masks again like they're doing in LA county, though it's not necessarily a good idea to announce it.

It's a way to get the unvaccinated who have been posing as vaccinated not to hide in plain site.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 16th, 2021 at 6:21:48 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Twist ending!

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 20th, 2021 at 9:24:53 AM permalink
rxwine
Hey Desantis, what's up?

Quote:
Florida has emerged as the epicenter of the recent surge, with about one in five new cases nationwide coming from the Sunshine State.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/desantis-downplays-increase-in-covid-19-cases/ar-AAMmw61?ocid=undefined
July 20th, 2021 at 11:08:08 AM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12

What's up is very few deaths in FL & no one cares about cases except the low IQ thinkers
You have to go back to 4/7/2020 to see a lower 7 day average death rate in Florida
DeSantis got all of his seniors vaccinated early as he decided age as opposed to "racial equity" was the way to prioritize vaccines
All you libs love to try an bring down Florida & DeSantis over Covid, but the facts don't lie.
He is dealing with one of the most vulnerable states as far as an aging population
Florida is the 3rd most populous state in the Union, meaning state logistics are challenging
Yet somehow Florida rates 25th in deaths per million.
Bagging on DeSantis is just as ridiculous as bagging on Newsome in CA on Covid Policy
CA has a younger healthier population than FL, but when your state rates 33rd on deaths per million
Tough to find fault in how Covid was handled in CA. You can argue the lockdowns/masking didn't make a difference
OK, but the end result is pretty good for whatever reasons.
And trust me, I am no Newsome fan, but I certainly wouldn't criticize him on Covid policy.
Lots of other idiotic stuff going on in CA like the ridiculous spending of Covid money on CA Stimie Checks
Instead of paying down some of the monstrous debt or God forbid CA starts a rainy day fund.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288