No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

July 12th, 2021 at 4:06:54 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Religion has nothing to do with it. A government with a history of lying has everything to do with it. Get your booster in a few months when they tell you that the first shot was not enough.

You do realize that private companies are virtually designing and researching it with almost no government control (other than standard oversight and some funds), government is just subsidizing the distribution to make it free for all.

The idea that this (well really three primary competing vaccines) are all government conspiracy to magnetize your arm is absurd....

I got the Pfizer, which had two shots (and is generally regarded as the best in both overall efficacy and least amount of negative side effects, though any of the three are 100% better than none.....). I will happily get a third if needed (or even possibly needed), I had zero adverse effects to either dose (I have had worse flu shots some years), so it is literally no issue at all for me. If it turns into an annual thing that is fine too. I am willing to do whatever keeps me safe.

People who act like getting shots is an inconvenience is baffling to me. Its a literal nothing, I find some drive-thrus more time consuming and stressful (and often feeling crappy after eating) than swinging by the clinic to get a shot.... There was zero wait for both shots for me, in and out, and I felt fine. I simply do not understand the aversion to vaccines some people have. Its almost like some people are trying to prove a point to not do something that costs nothing and will save them. I would make a comparison to wearing seatbelts (and those who refuse to wear one, out of some principle), but that is not even fair, because that only effects you.

Edit, and yes religion has everything to do with it. Some religions push this anti-medicine philosophy hard. Some are worse than others (generally people who take the bible literally, earth is 6k years old, no evolution, humans and dinosaurs coexisted before "the flood", etc.... tend to be against vaccines for obvious reasons, and this is a shocking number of Americans, like frightfully shocking....).....
July 12th, 2021 at 4:07:50 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
That the Government lies sometimes doesn’t prove that the Government always lies. Besides, I’m not listening to the Government; I’m listening to the scores of healthcare professionals who happen to agree with the Government on this one.

They do not have to "always lie." It is that their credibility is such that I would rather take my chances than be a good soldier and line up for the shot. Scores of healthcare professionals cited Hydroxychloroquine and zinc as a treatment yet the government lied and said it did not work. Ask the subjects of The Tuskegee Study of Untreated Syphilis how to listen to healthcare professionals.

The President is a fink.
July 12th, 2021 at 4:21:09 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
They do not have to "always lie." It is that their credibility is such that I would rather take my chances than be a good soldier and line up for the shot. Scores of healthcare professionals cited Hydroxychloroquine and zinc as a treatment yet the government lied and said it did not work. Ask the subjects of The Tuskegee Study of Untreated Syphilis how to listen to healthcare professionals.

Maybe you’re right, but they have a pretty good batting average when it comes to some other vaccines. I’ve certainly never had, or known anyone to have, measles or mumps.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 12th, 2021 at 5:49:44 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Hell, let the anti-vaxers contract covid and perish.

Culls the herd of reTrumplicans, and that's a good thing.
July 12th, 2021 at 6:25:09 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Gandler
You do realize that private companies are virtually designing and researching it with almost no government control (other than standard oversight and some funds), government is just subsidizing the distribution to make it free for all.

The idea that this (well really three primary competing vaccines) are all government conspiracy to magnetize your arm is absurd...

Nice way to blow everything Duffman pretends to stand for out of the water. Duffman DOESN'T BELIEVE IN PRIVATE ENTERPRISE. Duffman DOESN'T BELIEVE COMPETITION WORKS.

Duffman DOESN'T REALIZE THE ONLY ACTUAL THING GOVERNMENT NORMALLY WOULD DO HERE WITH THE VACCINES IS SLOW DOWN THE PROCESS WITH RED TAPE TO ENSURE PUBLIC SAFETY BECAUSE THE COMPANIES ON THEIR OWN WOULD DEFINITELY RUSH OUT THE VACCINES FASTER ON THEIR OWN.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 12th, 2021 at 7:47:18 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: missedhervee
Hell, let the anti-vaxers contract covid and perish.

Culls the herd of reTrumplicans, and that's a good thing.

Hmmmmm, let's look at some actual vaccination numbers of various races/ethnicity:

Black non-Hispanic: 8.9% fully vaccinated

Asian non-Hispanic: 6.2% fully vaccinated

Hispanic/Latino: 15.2% fully vaccinated

American Indian/Alaska Native non-Hispanic: 0.9% fully vaccinated

We all know that the above groups are overwhelmingly republican and Trump supporters. /sarcasm
(You can verify the numbers at the following link)

Demographic Characteristics of People Receiving COVID-19 Vaccinations in the United States

Also:

Fauci: 40 to 50 Percent of His Agency’s Employees Are Not Vaccinated

Quote:
Dr. Anthony Fauci, the head of the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), said that about 40 percent of his agency’s employees have not received the COVID-19 vaccine, while a deputy at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) said the agency is reporting similar numbers.

Hmmmm, so about 40% of both NIAID and FDA employees HAVE NOT been vaccinated. Since it is a given that the vast majority of employees of the US government in Washington D.C are democrats, why are so many democrats that work in government "health" agencies NOT getting vaccinated??? Do they know something we don't????
Let's go Brandon
July 12th, 2021 at 8:02:23 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: fleaswatter
Hmmmmm, let's look at some actual vaccination numbers of various races/ethnicity:

We all know that the above groups are overwhelmingly republican and Trump supporters. /sarcasm

Demographic Characteristics of People Receiving COVID-19 Vaccinations in the United States

Wait, do you think that chart says that only 8.9% of Blacks are fully vaccinated?
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
July 12th, 2021 at 8:11:25 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Are you really certain the vast majority of employees of the US government in the Washington are Democrats? People often commute in. Not always from the immediate demographic area. Half the congress is Republican. Sometimes they have their own staff in positions.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 12th, 2021 at 8:26:09 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: JimRockford
Quote: fleaswatter

Wait, do you think that chart says that only 8.9% of Blacks are fully vaccinated?

Yes you are right, I interpreted the chart wrong.

The actual numbers based upon a US population of 332,915,073 should be:

Black non-Hispanic: 21.6% fully vaccinated

Asian non-Hispanic: 32.3% fully vaccinated

Hispanic/Latino: 26.5% fully vaccinated

American Indian/Alaska Native non-Hispanic: 34.0% fully vaccinated

The numbers are much higher than my earlier post but the numbers still show anti-vax tendencies among minorities
Let's go Brandon
July 13th, 2021 at 2:33:27 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Are you really certain the vast majority of employees of the US government in the Washington are Democrats? People often commute in. Not always from the immediate demographic area. Half the congress is Republican. Sometimes they have their own staff in positions.

Yes, we are sure. Unless 80% is not your idea of "vast majority."
The President is a fink.