No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

July 12th, 2021 at 1:36:28 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: AZDuffman
Do you seriously believe your government is honest with you? Yes, I totally believe they are fudging numbers to push the vax.

Amazing.

If it were in fact determined that a gov't agency deliberately lied and made stuff up like you claim there would be absolute hell to pay for it.

Of course, dethroned former presidents can claim whatever bulls^%t they want (massive voter fraud, stolen election) with impunity, right?

Wake up and smell the regime change.
July 12th, 2021 at 2:02:52 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: OnceDear
[cdc] Grass is green

[A] You would say that

[cdc] Look out over that meadow: See for yourself

[A] I'm not going to be fooled by your fake evidence. Do you think I'm stupid

[Casual observer] .....

These are not quotes or misquotes..

I can see if grass is green. I also know governments lie like it is a bodily function. You want to blindly believe them go ahead. Ask some Indians how much you can believe the government.
The President is a fink.
July 12th, 2021 at 2:10:28 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: missedhervee
Amazing.

If it were in fact determined that a gov't agency deliberately lied and made stuff up like you claim there would be absolute hell to pay for it.

Of course, dethroned former presidents can claim whatever bulls^%t they want (massive voter fraud, stolen election) with impunity, right?

Wake up and smell the regime change.

I am going to go out on a limb and say you were among those that said "weapons of mass destruction" was a lie.

How about this one from LBJ: “We are not about to send American boys nine or ten thousand miles away from home to do what Asian boys ought to be doing for themselves.”

Nixon when he said we were "temporarily" closing the gold window?

How about all those guys in the Navy they let swim in the radioactive water to see how it affected them?

You want to believe government without question? People who do end up like below.

The President is a fink.
July 12th, 2021 at 2:30:44 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
You want to believe government without question?

Not necessarily, and certainly not when it comes to matters of science, which is what we're talking about: your examples were political, not science-based.

Having clarified: I critically examine every bit of information which I process: it comes with having a working, highly educated brain.

Were there no data to suppost a claim then it would be suspect, but the scientific data supports the claim, so I will accept it as a verity, at least until probative data shows otherwise.

Yeah, I know: science gets in the way of where you want to go, doesn't it?

You reTrumplicans are like religious zealots: your fear causes an inability to think critically; you reach out for a lifeline, no matter how moronic, insipid and idiotic. to protect you from your fears coming true.

Christians believe in their mythical god due to fear of death; reTrumplicans eat the kernels of corn out of Trump's feces because they consider him a new messiah, and without him at the helm they are convinced the liberals will run amuck and destroy the country.

Fools, all.
July 12th, 2021 at 3:06:22 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
But most important the CDC wants to push the vax so they will say anything.

Of course they want to push the vax so that this can end.

The fact that in a developed country where the vaccine is free and easily available to anyone, we have such high unvaccinated numbers and such high deaths is just sad. So yes, they want to push the vax so this pandemic can end (honestly it should have been over months ago, if it were not for conspiracy theorists pushing junk science and false panic getting completely safe 1-dose vaccines pulled from the market for weeks.....)

This is such an American problem, we have something that virtually guarantees your safety against COVID (if you are talking about safety in terms of preventing death, not just technically getting infected, its basically the perfect armor), and costs you nothing (there are even programs that will bring one to you if you are too lazy to go to virtually any pharmacy, hospital, county health clinic etc.....), but a significant amount of people don't want it because "CDC Bad".....

We will probably need to get a booster shot in the coming weeks-months, and guess what, this guy will be the first one to sign up (in fact I am reasonably close to three state borders, all of which always have excess vaccines because they are States with far too many idiotic anti-vaxxers, so I will happily drive to whatever State I can get my booster in most quickly even if only a few days quicker....) I love vaccines and so should everyone.

We have just in the 60s (%) of vaccinated adults nationwide, however there are some States and territories that are only in the 30s, this is just pathetic and unacceptable.
July 12th, 2021 at 3:31:21 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Gandler

This is such an American problem, we have something that virtually guarantees your safety against COVID (if you are talking about safety in terms of preventing death, not just technically getting infected, its basically the perfect armor), and costs you nothing (there are even programs that will bring one to you if you are too lazy to go to virtually any pharmacy, hospital, county health clinic etc.....), but a significant amount of people don't want it because "CDC Bad".....

It should tell you something then about how your government has such low credibility. 40% of the population is not taking what they are offering for free never mind not buying what they are selling.
The President is a fink.
July 12th, 2021 at 3:47:33 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
It should tell you something then about how your government has such low credibility. 40% of the population is not taking what they are offering for free never mind not buying what they are selling.

That the Government lies sometimes doesn’t prove that the Government always lies. Besides, I’m not listening to the Government; I’m listening to the scores of healthcare professionals who happen to agree with the Government on this one.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 12th, 2021 at 3:48:42 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

Well 40% of the population are morons. Unless you are genuinely immunocompromised in a way that makes a vaccine riskier than not getting it (which statistically may as well be zero), there is no excuse not to get one.

The fact that States need to have lotteries, cash give aways, car give aways, etc... to entice people to get something that people should be more excited about than an Iphone is just sad. Vaccines are one of the most awesome developments for long term survival. Americans will line up (literally for days) for to blow thousands of dollars on the new Iphone or PS5, but can't be bother to get something for free and takes 2-5mins that directly benefits them (and quite possibly will save their life or at least make it less unpleasant if infected).

Sadly I think religion is largely to blame for this. Or a combination of religion and conspiracy pushers (which often have overlap, though some anti-vaxxers conspiracy theorists are secular "natural news" hippy types to be fair....)
July 12th, 2021 at 3:53:59 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Gandler
Well 40% of the population are morons. Unless you are genuinely immunocompromised in a way that makes a vaccine riskier than not getting it (which statistically may as well be zero), there is no excuse not to get one.

The fact that States need to have lotteries, cash give aways, car give aways, etc... to entice people to get something that people should be more excited about than an Iphone is just sad. Vaccines are one of the most awesome developments for long term survival. Americans will line up (literally for days) for to blow thousands of dollars on the new Iphone or PS5, but can't be bother to get something for free and takes 2-5mins that directly benefits them (and quite possibly will save their life or at least make it less unpleasant if infected).

Sadly I think religion is largely to blame for this. Or a combination of religion and conspiracy pushers (which often have overlap, though some anti-vaxxers conspiracy theorists are secular "natural news" hippy types to be fair....)

Religion has nothing to do with it. A government with a history of lying has everything to do with it. Get your booster in a few months when they tell you that the first shot was not enough.
The President is a fink.
July 12th, 2021 at 4:00:52 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Religion has nothing to do with it. A government with a history of lying has everything to do with it. Get your booster in a few months when they tell you that the first shot was not enough.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-vaccine-skepticism-white-evangelicals-us-32898166bbb673ad87842af24c8daefb
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman