No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

July 13th, 2021 at 4:41:45 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
If you say “80%” what should I read critically instead?

Because intelligent people read critically, not literally.

See, we can see based on voting patterns around any government area that the vast majority are Democrat. So, to try to say otherwise is to deny reality. So a person reading critically understands this is what the writer is saying.

I think I learned this kind of thing starting in 4th and 5th grade reading classes.
The President is a fink.
July 13th, 2021 at 5:25:54 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Because intelligent people read critically, not literally.

See, we can see based on voting patterns around any government area that the vast majority are Democrat. So, to try to say otherwise is to deny reality. So a person reading critically understands this is what the writer is saying.

I think I learned this kind of thing starting in 4th and 5th grade reading classes.

And I don’t know how many times, I’ve read “and researchers were surprised to find” or similar phrase when someone actually looks at the data that they assumed was going to show a particular pattern.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 13th, 2021 at 5:31:36 AM permalink
AZDuffman
And I don’t know how many times, I’ve read “and researchers were surprised to find” or similar phrase when someone actually looks at the data that they assumed was going to show a particular pattern.

Rush Limbaugh used to joke how the media used "more/less than expected" when any numbers were reported. But we are talking about something obvious here. Numbers that do not show a strong Democrat Party bias in government employment usually do not take the military out of the figures. If you think government workers are not vast majority Democrat you are fooling yourself.
The President is a fink.
July 13th, 2021 at 5:47:12 AM permalink
rxwine
Rush Limbaugh used to joke how the media used "more/less than expected" when any numbers were reported. But we are talking about something obvious here. Numbers that do not show a strong Democrat Party bias in government employment usually do not take the military out of the figures. If you think government workers are not vast majority Democrat you are fooling yourself.

I question “vast”. For instance did my mother work clerical jobs based on her political interests, or because that was the area my dad’s business currently located him. You can guess which one.

And the survey I quoted, shows a simple majority. Nothing I could interpret as vast.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 13th, 2021 at 5:50:38 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: fleaswatter
The actual numbers based upon a US population of 332,915,073 should be:

Black non-Hispanic: 21.6% fully vaccinated

Asian non-Hispanic: 32.3% fully vaccinated

Hispanic/Latino: 26.5% fully vaccinated

American Indian/Alaska Native non-Hispanic: 34.0% fully vaccinated

The numbers are much higher than my earlier post but the numbers still show anti-vax tendencies among minorities

90% of those people are democrats.

"Mainstream Media Is Wrong: Vaccine Hesitancy Is Not Highest Among Republican Men And Trump Isn't To Blame"

"Even though this story was produced after people under 65-years-old started getting vaccinated, CNN did not use any actual statistics from the CDC. Instead it used a Monmouth poll that asks people if they got the shot. CNN was thus able to report that: “a stunning 43% of Republicans said they would likely never get the vaccine.”
July 13th, 2021 at 5:52:33 AM permalink
AZDuffman
I question “vast”. For instance did my mother work clerical jobs based on her political interests, or because that was the area my dad’s business currently located him. You can guess which one.

And the survey I quoted, shows a simple majority. Nothing I could interpret as vast.

Liberals tend to be drawn to government work. No survey is needed, it is easy to see. IMHO they are drawn because they are risk-adverse and like the stability. They are willing to jump thru the hoops to get onboard. See, it is not a matter of. "I am a Democrat and love government so I will work there." For some, maybe. But mostly it is just that is what the culture of the government has gone to. Of course, then you work around other liberals all day and the echo chamber effect happens.
The President is a fink.
July 13th, 2021 at 6:04:12 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Liberals tend to be drawn to government work. No survey is needed, it is easy to see. IMHO they are drawn because they are risk-adverse and like the stability. They are willing to jump thru the hoops to get onboard. See, it is not a matter of. "I am a Democrat and love government so I will work there." For some, maybe. But mostly it is just that is what the culture of the government has gone to. Of course, then you work around other liberals all day and the echo chamber effect happens.

How can you tout the supposed benefits of home ownership rather than, 'Serfdom,' in one post and then bemoan certain categories of people for being, 'Risk-averse,' in the next? It seems to me that people who are, 'Risk-averse,' would at least be slightly more likely to be homeowners.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 13th, 2021 at 6:09:51 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Tanko
90% of those people are democrats.

"Mainstream Media Is Wrong: Vaccine Hesitancy Is Not Highest Among Republican Men And Trump Isn't To Blame"

"Even though this story was produced after people under 65-years-old started getting vaccinated, CNN did not use any actual statistics from the CDC. Instead it used a Monmouth poll that asks people if they got the shot. CNN was thus able to report that: “a stunning 43% of Republicans said they would likely never get the vaccine.”

Great! If that actually means many Republicans don’t actually follow the dumb opinions of several rightwing media sites about vaccine related info.
July 13th, 2021 at 6:14:41 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Great! If that actually means many Republicans don’t actually follow the dumb opinions of several rightwing media sites about vaccine related info.

All anti-vaxxers are idiots.

Doesn’t matter if they’re lefties or righties, they’re still idiots.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 13th, 2021 at 6:16:54 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4

Where are you getting that liberals are risk adverse? I’ve done a lot of research on this topic and have literally only heard the opposite.

Jordan Peterson (pretty conservative guy that libs hate) talks a lot of about the psychological differences between conservatives and liberals.

To quote him, he says (speaking generally of course) “Liberals start companies and conservatives run them”.

Pretty much by definition, conservatism is a risk adverse ideology. Conservatives are more likely to fall into a position where they can execute a known algorithm for success, rather than try something new and risky.

That is not an admonishment of either, we need both types of people.