No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

June 15th, 2021 at 10:16:05 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: OnceDear
AS IT SHOULD BE, maybe. Not as it is. Not quite.

There's a minority who cannot benefit from the vaccine because of auto-immunity or other issues. E.g. In the UK, pregnant women are advised to defer vaccination. So, those misguided anti-vaxers who walk among us are still a menace. Such as my dumb-ass anti-vax ( believes the microchip BS) nephew with Pregnant wife!

I have said before that we might respect this virus more, if once in a while, it brought sudden death to one of it's not socially distancing carriers. E.g. at the bar or club. But it's not to be. They just go about their infectious business without a care, stealthily spreading infection to the less immune.

You need to get over the hate and live your life. As a pandemic this one is a piker historically.
The President is a fink.
June 15th, 2021 at 10:20:14 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: AZDuffman
As a pandemic this one is a piker historically.

We didn't know how bad it would get when it erupted and have adjusted as it spread.

Seems to me that 33M cases with 559,000 dead Americans makes it more than a "piker."
June 15th, 2021 at 10:44:12 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: missedhervee
We didn't know how bad it would get when it erupted and have adjusted as it spread.

Seems to me that 33M cases with 559,000 dead Americans makes it more than a "piker."

If terrorists were machine gunning the same number of people in our nursing homes, it would qualitatively be no different. So, that would also be fine with the anti-vaxxers.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 15th, 2021 at 10:45:00 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
You need to get over the hate and live your life. As a pandemic this one is a piker historically.
No hate. Some contempt. And I'm happily living my life, with a few appropriate adjustments.
June 15th, 2021 at 10:45:05 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

My thought is that if it kills less than 10% of the population it is just a minor event.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 15th, 2021 at 10:47:56 AM permalink
AZDuffman

That's a piker. Only 1 in 10 getting it? 0.2% dying form it, and many of those deaths were because it aggravated other issues. And it is generally accepted that death counts have been very inflated so as to get the china virus bonus payment for the facility?

It is a piker compared to what we have had in the past. Smallpox. Spanish flu. Further back the Black Death.

Granted, quick actions on the part of President Trump saved hundreds of thousands of lives. But even if he did not take action estimates are still less than 1% of the population dying from it.

Death would be far lower if Trump Haters and Big Pharma had not discredited Hydroxychloroquine so much. No telling how many thousands died because of their actions.
The President is a fink.
June 15th, 2021 at 11:14:46 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/georgia-man-fatally-shoots-cashier-injures-deputy-over-face-mask-dispute-2021-06-15/

More insanity. A cashier asks a man to pull his mask up (had in hanging on his face), he refuses, causes a scene, walks to his car, gets a gun, walks back to the store and beats and then shoots the cashier with the gun. Luckily there was an off duty Policeman there (who worked at the store partime) to shoot him, sadly the assailant survived (he also shot the policeman and another shot hit another cashier).

Three store employees (including the policeman) were hit, 1 died, the other two are expected to survive. Sadly the anti-masker gunman is also expected to survive.

This is why people have no sympathy for anti-maskers, there is a trend of violence in recent months (airlines and stores tend to be the worst) by crazies.....
June 15th, 2021 at 11:58:37 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Gandler

This is why people have no sympathy for anti-maskers, there is a trend of violence in recent months (airlines and stores tend to be the worst) by crazies.....

I guess you have not seen the stories of maskers harassing people without masks? Threatening, throwing coffee on them, etc?

Do not even claim the anti-maskers are the ones causing the trouble. They just want to be left alone. Same kind of violence the same group did towards Trump supporter.

That group has zero tolerance. They need to hide in their basements if they think they are going to die because someone is not wearing a mask. They are an example of how repressive governments take control. Scare sheep to death and get them to support repressive policies "for the common good."
The President is a fink.
June 15th, 2021 at 12:09:03 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I guess you have not seen the stories of maskers harassing people without masks? Threatening, throwing coffee on them, etc?

Do not even claim the anti-maskers are the ones causing the trouble. They just want to be left alone. Same kind of violence the same group did towards Trump supporter.

That group has zero tolerance. They need to hide in their basements if they think they are going to die because someone is not wearing a mask. They are an example of how repressive governments take control. Scare sheep to death and get them to support repressive policies "for the common good."

Please show me the comparison of murders by maskers versus anti-maskers over the issue of masks (let's not even get into indirect deaths spread by people refusing to wear masks).

I am guessing you cannot find one person murdered for not wearing a mask (being shot by police after resisting arrest does not count).
June 15th, 2021 at 12:20:45 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Gandler
Please show me the comparison of murders by maskers versus anti-maskers over the issue of masks (let's not even get into indirect deaths spread by people refusing to wear masks).

I am guessing you cannot find one person murdered for not wearing a mask (being shot by police after resisting arrest does not count).

No such stats exist. I am not condoning murder. I am saying the maskers are the ones who have been doing the harassing for a year now so quit acting like it is the other way around.

And while I do not condone murder, this does go back to the lefties should not start a civil war against the side that has the guns.

But if you want to get me stats on the deaths cause by people who do not wear masks have at it! You cannot because it is all just a guess.

This whole thing is a lesson to not harass people not harming you, live and let live.
The President is a fink.