No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

March 13th, 2020 at 2:29:04 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
I would like a fair investigation into the whole situation and why we had areas where we lacked preparedness.

It appears that Dr. Fauci believed we did not have a proper system in place.

I am upset that the inability to test as soon as we would have liked was not better explained over the past couple of weeks.

It is entirely possible the system was not properly set up to anticipate a pandemic of this nature. Have we faced one like it before? How long did it take to start the testing then? Were there challenges? What could have been done better before this happened and during this situation.

I don't take ownership of things I did not cause.

Hopefully there will be plenty of time for House Dems to investigate all that once this mess calms down.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 13th, 2020 at 2:32:08 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
Hopefully there will be plenty of time for House Dems to investigate all that once this mess calms down.

I said a fair investigation. I don't trust the Democrats to actually do that. Perhaps a bipartisan committee.
March 13th, 2020 at 2:37:20 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I said a fair investigation. I don't trust the Democrats to actually do that. Perhaps a bipartisan committee.

The GOP is incapable of doing anything “fairly” when it comes to Donny. Can’t upset their Dear Leader.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 13th, 2020 at 2:38:06 PM permalink
RonC
The GOP is incapable of doing anything “fairly” when it comes to Donny. Can’t upset their Dear Leader.

...but I didn't ask for just one party to do it...
March 13th, 2020 at 2:55:03 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I would like a fair investigation into the whole situation and why we had areas where we lacked preparedness.

It appears that Dr. Fauci believed we did not have a proper system in place.

I am upset that the inability to test as soon as we would have liked was not better explained over the past couple of weeks.

It is entirely possible the system was not properly set up to anticipate a pandemic of this nature. Have we faced one like it before? How long did it take to start the testing then? Were there challenges? What could have been done better before this happened and during this situation.

I don't take ownership of things I did not cause.

You can’t prepare for every last thing.
The President is a fink.
March 13th, 2020 at 2:57:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
“I don’t take responsibility at all” - Donny

Such a coward. A truly horrible leader.

It doesn't really matter to me if Trump didn't actually say it was a hoax. The rightwing media he usually follows was bent on downplaying it as much as possible. He was not doing his best to follow people who knew what they were talking about.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 13th, 2020 at 3:05:45 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Mrs. Wizard went to Costco today. There was a line to get in. Once in, employees rationed toilet paper to one pack per person.

I still don't understand why in times of fear we Americans dump stocks and load up on toilet paper.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
March 13th, 2020 at 3:13:30 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Wizard
Mrs. Wizard went to Costco today. There was a line to get in. Once in, employees rationed toilet paper to one pack per person.

I still don't understand why in times of fear we Americans dump stocks and load up on toilet paper.
We are only born with two innate fears, falling and loud sounds. The rest of the fears are learned responses.

I think tp hoarders get that way from social media?

At our Lowe's store, when a shipment of masks came in last week, [180 packs] one person bought the entire load and shipped them to friends in Texas. My local hardware store put a ten max. limit on masks which is like a community service. Hoarding endangers the community. I wish I had been there to cough on him.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 13th, 2020 at 3:17:24 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Not sure why there is a big toilet paper concern.

Only thing i'm wondering about if there is a discussion about whether it would be better to warn of a Italy like situation in advance, or wait until it occurs.

It kind of feels like they are trying to ramp up more than the numbers currently suggest, but it's hard to tell.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 13th, 2020 at 3:40:37 PM permalink
RonC
Quote: AZDuffman
You can’t prepare for every last thing.

No, you can't. The last thing I would want to see is to have another event similar enough to this that response could easily be better and for us to fall short of having it actually be better.

You should be able to prepare for things you have seen before...at least to a point ahead of how we were prepared for this event.

It is not an "R" or "D" thing; it is for all of us.