No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 23rd, 2021 at 7:28:19 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: ams288
Speaking of the MLB moving the all-star game, senile Senator Chuck Grassley claimed it was going to cost Georgia “100 million jobs.”

Never go 'Full Biden'.

He was referring to the $100 million Georgia's economy is expected to lose due to MLB pulling the All Star game from Atlanta.

The state will lose much more than that after the multiplier effect.

April 23rd, 2021 at 7:35:33 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
deleted
Let's go Brandon
April 23rd, 2021 at 7:56:50 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko

He was referring to the $100 million Georgia's economy is expected to lose due to MLB pulling the All Star game from Atlanta.
The state will lose much more than that after the multiplier effect.

Shouldn't the state govt work to attract business rather then drive it away
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 23rd, 2021 at 8:02:43 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
Shouldn't the state govt work to attract business rather then drive it away

Not if black people are able to easily and safely vote! God forbid...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 23rd, 2021 at 9:57:36 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: SOOPOO
For Mission, terapined, and AZ.... I am frankly embarrassed that the three of you, coming from WoV, a supposedly math based forum, can’t figure out the risk benefit ratio of the vaccines is less than one. This is NOT saying the vaccines are 100% safe. But the statistics on COVID-19 are clear.

Wife’s daughter is due for second shot tomorrow. Pfizer. After the J and J pause she developed vaccine hesitancy. She is very concerned about the blood clot problem that 6 of the 7 million who had the shot developed. I asked her if she knew how many Americans under age 30 have died from COVID-19? She had no idea. Actually, neither did I! It’s somewhere around 2,500. How many got sick and are having long term sequelae? Some multiple of that.

She is going for the shot tomorrow.

The statistics have no meaning for me due to limited sample size. Also, I believe that it's possible some side effect could take longer to start to develop and begin to present, though you can correct me if I'm wrong on that. Anyway, if I don't get the vaccine right now, then it will just as likely go to someone who needs it more than I do, and who, presumably, actually wants it at this time.

The prospect of death, in either case, doesn't really concern me that much. We all die sometime.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 23rd, 2021 at 10:23:09 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
For Mission, terapined, and AZ.... I am frankly embarrassed that the three of you, coming from WoV, a supposedly math based forum, can’t figure out the risk benefit ratio of the vaccines is less than one. This is NOT saying the vaccines are 100% safe. But the statistics on COVID-19 are clear.

I've taken every vaccine I've needed to in my life.
Would have taken the Moderna shot but they can only schedule the 2nd shot at their place
If they could have scheduled the 2nd shot in the city I'll be in next month, would have accepted.
If they had the Johnson shot available, would have taken that immediately
Regardless
I am still slightly sceptical of these rushed vaccine. Dont like the idea of feeling a little sick
But
If available and convenient
I'll take the vaccine
No way I want to end up like Ted Nugent. He said it was the sickest he had ever been in his life. No doubt odds are if he gets better, may still have long covid symptoms which is scary.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 23rd, 2021 at 10:48:47 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
I've taken every vaccine I've needed to in my life.
Would have taken the Moderna shot but they can only schedule the 2nd shot at their place
If they could have scheduled the 2nd shot in the city I'll be in next month, would have accepted.
If they had the Johnson shot available, would have taken that immediately
Regardless
I am still slightly sceptical of these rushed vaccine. Dont like the idea of feeling a little sick
But
If available and convenient
I'll take the vaccine

No way I want to end up like Ted Nugent. He said it was the sickest he had ever been in his life. No doubt odds are if he gets better, may still have long covid symptoms which is scary.

I can’t imagine why you would be bothered by the extremely low risk of vaccine complications as you’ve probably smoked illegal marijuana soaked in Agent Orange at one of those many Dead concerts when the government was still trying to stomp out the drug with herbicides.

(Just kidding on Agent Orange, unless you got something out of Nam)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 23rd, 2021 at 10:58:13 AM permalink
rxwine
If I was going to worry about something, I’d worry about the combined risk of all the food additives I consume yearly way before the vaccine.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 23rd, 2021 at 12:00:34 PM permalink
rxwine
CDC recommending pregnant women get vaccine. Believe me, if pregnant women are getting the okay, that's quite a statement for safety.
April 23rd, 2021 at 6:20:17 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: ams288
Not if black people are able to easily and safely vote! God forbid...

Correct, I don't know a single black person with an ID or frankly the intelligence to get one.
It's racism, pure and simple.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288