No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 21st, 2021 at 7:26:59 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: Gandler

Why don't you post a link to the exact article instead of a link to the organization and a random google screenshot.

Did you ever obtain your free Georgia voter ID card???
Let's go Brandon
April 21st, 2021 at 8:00:14 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: Gandler
Also, this article is for people who wear a mask for extended periods of time and/or under extreme physical stress. Sorry, putting a mask on to walk through an air-conditioned Walmart for 10 minutes does not count.

What about the following???? Is this a walk through Walmart???

NH high school track coach fired for refusing to require his athletes to wear a mask

Quote:
PEMBROKE, N.H. (WHDH) - Pembroke Academy’s track and field coach says he was fired for refusing to require his athletes to wear a mask while competing.

It’s recommended all outdoor track and field athletes wear a face-covering during competition but Brad Keyes said when he learned his school would enforce those guidelines, he protested online by writing an article titled: “Fire me if you must.”

The above is just one example of people wearing masks for an extended period of time and/or under extreme physical stress.

There are millions of people who are required to wear masks for extended periods of time.

Since you are supposedly some type of military reservist, don't you have to wear a mask the entire time during your weekend warrior training???
Let's go Brandon
April 22nd, 2021 at 7:18:34 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: SOOPOO
Yes. Not exactly ‘let nature take its course’, in that medical care will not be denied to the anti vaxxer’s. Where I live ‘every American’ can get one immediately now. Last child gets second shot in a few days. So my family is all done. It is funny that the two groups most likely to refuse vaccines are Trumpers and African Americans. Not often are they aligned....

I'm white and not a Trumper.

I'm also not refusing; I'm waiting for six months after the first big wave of people got the vaccine so I can see what side effects may pop up. I imagine I'd survive if I got COVID-19, so I want to make an informed decision as to whether I prefer the possibility of getting Covid-19 on a probabilistic basis as opposed to the vaccine, or whether I think Covid gives me greater cause for alarm than the potential side effects.

Another factor will be how many entities require proof of vaccination as a barrier to entry, or more specifically, which entities.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 22nd, 2021 at 7:57:44 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Mission146
I'm white and not a Trumper.

I'm also not refusing; I'm waiting for six months after the first big wave of people got the vaccine so I can see what side effects may pop up. I imagine I'd survive if I got COVID-19, so I want to make an informed decision as to whether I prefer the possibility of getting Covid-19 on a probabilistic basis as opposed to the vaccine, or whether I think Covid gives me greater cause for alarm than the potential side effects.

Another factor will be how many entities require proof of vaccination as a barrier to entry, or more specifically, which entities.

I'm waiting also
I want to see what side effects develop
Its kind of hard for me to catch the virus, I still social distance and wear a mask
I talked to a pharmacist. They had the moderna vaccine available but I cant schedule the 2nd shot because I move every week
I hoping for the one shot Johnson vaccine if approved again
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 22nd, 2021 at 9:04:51 AM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
While you wait for the vaccine, are you expecting the rest of us to wear a mask?
I am no longer respecting your "safety" when you choose to take on the risk of waiting on the vaccine.
I have unbelievably found common ground with AMS on this point.
If you don't get vaccinated, you're no smarter than Trumpers going to an Oklahoma rally in the middle of the pandemic
And Darwin's Theory should be actively at work to make the world a smarter place.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
April 22nd, 2021 at 9:09:57 AM permalink
JCW09
Quote: terapined
I talked to a pharmacist. They had the moderna vaccine available but I cant schedule the 2nd shot because I move every week
I hoping for the one shot Johnson vaccine if approved again

This is a lame excuse.
You could easily adjust your plans and "Jen Psaki/Circle Back" to the location of your first shot one month later.
Just stick with Mission's reasoning, you want to wait to see about side effects.
I don't agree with it, but I can see how someone logically makes that decision.
The next thing you tell us is getting an ID & producing it to vote is an undue burden.
The excuses American's make for the simplest of tasks is mind blowing.
April 22nd, 2021 at 9:39:24 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: JCW09
While you wait for the vaccine, are you expecting the rest of us to wear a mask?
I am no longer respecting your "safety" when you choose to take on the risk of waiting on the vaccine.
I have unbelievably found common ground with AMS on this point.
If you don't get vaccinated, you're no smarter than Trumpers going to an Oklahoma rally in the middle of the pandemic
And Darwin's Theory should be actively at work to make the world a smarter place.

I don't, "Expect," anyone to wear a mask now. If a business chooses to have it such that masks are required, there's nothing I can do to change that for you. I do not own a business.

Also, I've always been opposed to enforcing it by way of Government mandate. I'd have been more in favor of something akin to guidelines/suggestions than requiring property owners to do things a certain way.

I don't care if you respect my, "Safety," or not. I generally don't even wear a mask outdoors, unless I am around a large-ish group of people or directly on my way into somewhere or out of somewhere and heading to my car. That's mainly because it's generally more convenient to put it on/take it off in my car.

If I'm not smart, then I'm not smart. Maybe you'll get your wish and I will die. Let's hope so!
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 22nd, 2021 at 9:41:42 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Anyway, I have autonomy over what goes into my body and when it goes there. I wish people would decide whether that's supposed to be a fundamental principle, or not. It seems to only be a fundamental principle when a specific person agrees with the decision that another person is making-----which makes it not a principle.
April 22nd, 2021 at 9:51:41 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Dr. Berglund says that we’re only starting to understand the long-term complications that the virus can cause, including: blood clots, neurological issues, damage to the heart, lungs, kidneys and now, negative consequences to men’s sexual and reproductive health

Cleveland Cliniic
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 22nd, 2021 at 9:57:06 AM permalink
JCW09
Quote: Mission146
I don't, "Expect," anyone to wear a mask now. If a business chooses to have it such that masks are required, there's nothing I can do to change that for you. I do not own a business.

Also, I've always been opposed to enforcing it by way of Government mandate. I'd have been more in favor of something akin to guidelines/suggestions than requiring property owners to do things a certain way.

I don't care if you respect my, "Safety," or not. I generally don't even wear a mask outdoors, unless I am around a large-ish group of people or directly on my way into somewhere or out of somewhere and heading to my car. That's mainly because it's generally more convenient to put it on/take it off in my car.

If I'm not smart, then I'm not smart. Maybe you'll get your wish and I will die. Let's hope so!

Totally get your right to do what you want and you have always taken the libertarian approach on Covid.
Kudos for that.