1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 22nd, 2021 at 1:09:40 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: JCW09
Totally get your right to do what you want and you have always taken the libertarian approach on Covid.
Kudos for that.

We are nothing if not consistent, thanks!
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 22nd, 2021 at 3:39:21 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: fleaswatter
Did you ever obtain your free Georgia voter ID card???

If you are not a GA resident, your opinion on the matter is pointless. I will follow the law, and continue to vote to support the growing blue wave. How I do it is my business. A lot of people who don't live here think they know what is best.

I am glad the MLB is being brave and pulling out of Atlanta despite the impact that it will cause. Sadly, GA still has some regressive in power who only care about change when business is threatened and then their views suddenly shift...

What about the following???? Is this a walk through Walmart???

NH high school track coach fired for refusing to require his athletes to wear a mask

The above is just one example of people wearing masks for an extended period of time and/or under extreme physical stress.

There are millions of people who are required to wear masks for extended periods of time.

Since you are supposedly some type of military reservist, don't you have to wear a mask the entire time during your weekend warrior training???

He asked the school to fire him and they obliged. Don't work for an organization if you are not willing to follow their guidelines.

Yes, many people have to wear masks all day due to organization or company policies. And, guess what, everyone survives.... This just makes it even more laughable when people cry about being told by the greeter at a store to put a mask on.... If you don't agree with a policy don't go to the business or don't work for them, or don't try out for the team. Its not hard really....

And, yes the Army does require masks to be worn, I am not sure why you would think that they would not? The Army is very strict on this. You even have to wear a mask outside on military property, there is an exception if you are driving in a vehicle alone.
That being said, my unit has been drilling remotely since the start of COVID which is the responsible thing to do when possible to limit exposure so I have not had to deal with this.

https://www.militarytimes.com/pay-benefits/2021/02/05/you-now-have-to-wear-a-mask-virtually-everywhere-on-military-bases-including-outdoors/
April 22nd, 2021 at 4:33:24 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler

I am glad the MLB is being brave and pulling out of Atlanta despite the impact that it will cause. Sadly, GA still has some regressive in power who only care about change when business is threatened and then their views suddenly shift...

You are glad that MLB is against election security?
The President is a fink.
April 22nd, 2021 at 4:50:28 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Speaking of the MLB moving the all-star game, senile Senator Chuck Grassley claimed it was going to cost Georgia “100 million jobs.”

Imagine the reaction our righties would have had if Biden had said that. 😂
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 22nd, 2021 at 7:55:03 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: Gandler
If you are not a GA resident, your opinion on the matter is pointless.
Really?? What an immature answer. I was just wondering if you got your *&$% together and quit making excuses.
Quote:
I will follow the law, and continue to vote to support the growing blue wave. How I do it is my business. A lot of people who don't live here think they know what is best.
Do you know if I live in Georgia or not??? I have never made any clain to know what is best. You were the one who was whining about not being able to vote by mail because of lack of ID. You were the one who was clueless about using a military ID (if you actually are in the military - I have my doubts)
Quote:

Quote:
Yes, many people have to wear masks all day due to organization or company policies.
Hmmm, so now you agree with the mask study.
Quote:
And, guess what, everyone survives....
Neither the study I posted about nor I have said otherwise.

Quote:
This just makes it even more laughable when people cry about being told by the greeter at a store to put a mask on.... If you don't agree with a policy don't go to the business or don't work for them, or don't try out for the team. Its not hard really....

What is your point???

Quote:
And, yes the Army does require masks to be worn,
Thanks again for your agreement with the mask study.
Quote:
I am not sure why you would think that they would not?
What makes you think that I believe that the military would not require mask wearing? I just wanted you to prove that your statement in your earlier post about the mask study was baloney.

Quote:
The Army is very strict on this. You even have to wear a mask outside on military property, there is an exception if you are driving in a vehicle alone.
That being said, my unit has been drilling remotely since the start of COVID which is the responsible thing to do when possible to limit exposure so I have not had to deal with this.

https://www.militarytimes.com/pay-benefits/2021/02/05/you-now-have-to-wear-a-mask-virtually-everywhere-on-military-bases-including-outdoors/

Yes, and millions and millions of people in the US have to wear masks for extended periods of time and/or under extreme physical stress.

http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/3150/498/#post16582

Here is a remimder of what you wrote which can be found in the above link:

Quote: gander
Also, this article is for people who wear a mask for extended periods of time and/or under extreme physical stress.
Let's go Brandon
April 23rd, 2021 at 4:12:12 AM permalink
ams288
HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY TO THIS CLASSIC:

Thank god he’s gone.
April 23rd, 2021 at 5:26:45 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
For Mission, terapined, and AZ.... I am frankly embarrassed that the three of you, coming from WoV, a supposedly math based forum, can’t figure out the risk benefit ratio of the vaccines is less than one. This is NOT saying the vaccines are 100% safe. But the statistics on COVID-19 are clear.

Wife’s daughter is due for second shot tomorrow. Pfizer. After the J and J pause she developed vaccine hesitancy. She is very concerned about the blood clot problem that 6 of the 7 million who had the shot developed. I asked her if she knew how many Americans under age 30 have died from COVID-19? She had no idea. Actually, neither did I! It’s somewhere around 2,500. How many got sick and are having long term sequelae? Some multiple of that.

She is going for the shot tomorrow.
April 23rd, 2021 at 5:47:16 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: SOOPOO
Wife’s daughter is due for second shot tomorrow. Pfizer. After the J and J pause she developed vaccine hesitancy. She is very concerned about the blood clot problem that 6 of the 7 million who had the shot developed. I asked her if she knew how many Americans under age 30 have died from COVID-19? She had no idea. Actually, neither did I! It’s somewhere around 2,500. How many got sick and are having long term sequelae? Some multiple of that.

She is going for the shot tomorrow.

I don’t know much about her age/situation, but I keep reading that a young woman is MUCH more likely to develop a blood clot from taking birth control than from the J&J shot.

I get my 2nd Pfizer shot tomorrow as well. Based on what I’ve read, I’m planning on being knocked on my butt for a day or two after.
April 23rd, 2021 at 6:10:38 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Really?? What an immature answer. I was just wondering if you got your *&$% together and quit making excuses.
Do you know if I live in Georgia or not??? I have never made any clain to know what is best. You were the one who was whining about not being able to vote by mail because of lack of ID. You were the one who was clueless about using a military ID (if you actually are in the military - I have my doubts)

Hmmm, so now you agree with the mask study.
Neither the study I posted about nor I have said otherwise.

What is your point???

Thanks again for your agreement with the mask study.
What makes you think that I believe that the military would not require mask wearing? I just wanted you to prove that your statement in your earlier post about the mask study was baloney.

Yes, and millions and millions of people in the US have to wear masks for extended periods of time and/or under extreme physical stress.

http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/3150/498/#post16582

Here is a remimder of what you wrote which can be found in the above link:

Quote: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7558090/

In otherwise healthy individuals, wearing masks, even for an extended period of time, does not produce any clinically relevant changes in circulating O2 or CO2 concentrations, and does not seem to impact tidal volume or respiratory rate. However, wearing a mask does produce a small increase in breathing resistance caused by the mask material filtering particles and aerosols in the air and any moisture that is trapped in the mask material. One consistently documented negative impact of wearing a mask for a long period of time is an increase in the development of headaches in people with a history of headaches. Yet overall, the virus reduction and therefore potentially life-saving benefits of wearing face masks seem to outweigh the discomforts.
April 23rd, 2021 at 6:36:44 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
For Mission, terapined, and AZ.... I am frankly embarrassed that the three of you, coming from WoV, a supposedly math based forum, can’t figure out the risk benefit ratio of the vaccines is less than one. This is NOT saying the vaccines are 100% safe. But the statistics on COVID-19 are clear.

The stats on covid are indeed clear. 99.5%+ chance of survival. That goes up if you are not extremely overweight.

Stats on the vax are not known.

I will take my chances.
The President is a fink.