1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

July 28th, 2020 at 6:36:42 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: RonC
I guess that justifies making factually incorrect statements about Presidents receiving briefings.

I don't know, I wasn't trying to make any greater point other than it has been reported, by insiders, that Trump wants things condensed as much as possible...generally down to a single page.

Are those reports true? I freely admit to not knowing. I wasn't personally in the room.

I do tend to believe it. Just the way he speaks seems to suggest no existence of any meaningful attention span, unless he's just reading something.

Is it fair to suggest that Obama seems more like the type to read written briefings thoroughly? I think so. At a minimum, I don't recall anyone even suggesting anything to the contrary.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 28th, 2020 at 1:42:50 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Check out Dr. POS:

He wants everybody to cover up.........................except himself of course!

July 28th, 2020 at 1:47:01 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Shrek
Check out Dr. POS:

He wants everybody to cover up.........................except himself of course!

Old news... already been debunked (oh yeah, you were suspended).

He was drinking a bottle of water (seen in the pic) sitting next to his wife and a close friend.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 28th, 2020 at 2:00:19 PM permalink
Shrek
Here's another one. This time it's Governor Steve Sissylacky. NO MASK.

You gotta love these libbies who want to force masks on everybody......................except themselves.

It's even funnier how they give dumbass excuses as to why they weren't wearing a mask, and their dumbass supporters of course lap it all up.

July 28th, 2020 at 2:04:16 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Old news... already been debunked (oh yeah, you were suspended).

He was drinking a bottle of water (seen in the pic) sitting next to his wife and a close friend.

I looked at the picture. His hands are touching each other with no bottle of water in either. Unless Dr. Fauci uses his legs to prop up the water bottle to his mouth, he clearly had his mask down while NOT drinking. And I will assume he is not practicing social distancing with his wife, but a 'close friend'? I would assume he would want to protect his 'close friend' by wearing a mask while closer than 6 feet from him. He is no different from any leader... "The rules are for you, not me!" Reminds me of Chris Cuomo visiting his elderly mother....

Edit... I now see the bottle of water.... in his crotch!!!! I don't remember the exception to mask wearing... "You do NOT need to wear a mask if you have a bottle of water in your crotch!"
July 28th, 2020 at 2:07:24 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Shrek
Here's another one. This time it's Governor Steve Sissylacky. NO MASK.

You gotta love these libbies who want to force masks on everybody......................except themselves.

It's even funnier how they give dumbass excuses as to why they weren't wearing a mask, and their dumbass supporters of course lap it all up.

I'm confused...it looks like they're in a restaurant. Are they supposed to eat and drink through a mask? This is the thing that bothers me about the panic-mongers (in general) and some folks who want to go way extreme about it. They'll assume that any two people with the masks down don't know what they are doing.

In fact, someone said something to my fiancee and I just a few days ago and I asked, "Would you also like us to sleep in separate beds?" Obviously, there's no reason to have the mask up around people that you're going to have the masks off with elsewhere.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 28th, 2020 at 2:09:36 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: SOOPOO
I looked at the picture. His hands are touching each other with no bottle of water in either. Unless Dr. Fauci uses his legs to prop up the water bottle to his mouth, he clearly had his mask down while NOT drinking. And I will assume he is not practicing social distancing with his wife, but a 'close friend'? I would assume he would want to protect his 'close friend' by wearing a mask while closer than 6 feet from him. He is no different from any leader... "The rules are for you, not me!" Reminds me of Chris Cuomo visiting his elderly mother....

Edit... I now see the bottle of water.... in his crotch!!!! I don't remember the exception to mask wearing... "You do NOT need to wear a mask if you have a bottle of water in your crotch!"

Meh. For all I know, they went there in the same car. And, again for all I know, they all ate dinner at his house together that night.

I'd point at several people on the far left and say, "Don't be an overbearing totalitarian idiot about it," and some on the right and say, "Just...don't be an idiot about it, please."
July 28th, 2020 at 2:13:44 PM permalink
Shrek
Quote: Mission146
I'm confused...it looks like they're in a restaurant. Are they supposed to eat and drink through a mask?

Libbies want us to pull down the mask ONLY when putting food or drink in our mouths. As soon as the food/drink goes into the mouth, we're supposed to cover up again.......................................unless you're a libbie, of course. 🙄
July 28th, 2020 at 2:14:39 PM permalink
Shrek
Quote: SOOPOO

July 28th, 2020 at 2:24:20 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: Pacomartin
Quote: Tanko
Rand Paul says the lockdowns were a big mistake. Crippled the economy and haven’t done much to curb Covid-19.

Italy vs Sweden is the best comparison we have in Europe.
Italy got hit first in Europe and had large numbers of people get sick in April. Sweden had no lockdowns.

Percentage of population that got COVID-19 (eventually Sweden had nearly double the rate of Italy)
0.41% Italy
0.78% Sweden

Percentage of population that got COVID-19 and died (Sweden had more time to plan for treatment of the sick so death rate by cases was about half)
14.3% Italy
7.2% Sweden

Deaths per 100,000 people are nearly identical
58.1 Italy
56.4 Sweden (still dying in Sweden so it will almost certainly pass Italy by the end of the summer or end of year)

By the end of the year, Sweden may end up with the highest death rate in Europe except for miniscule countries. The lack of quarantines minimized the emotional impact, but ended up being far more deadly.

To Summarize:
Italy completely locked down
Sweden didn't lock down at all.
Italy & Sweden have the same number of deaths per 100,000 population.

Other than Germany, what country in the Western World of any significant population has done dramatically better than the US?
If you removed the crap job that Cuomo & DeBlasio did in NY that collaterally crushed NJ & CT, the US looks even better.
LA got screwed by Mardi Gras, because frankly, no one was taking Covid seriously on 2/25.
F'ing Whitmer in MI is garbage in deaths per million, just cause the idiots in MI think she's great, the facts don't lie.

Sort the states on WorldoMeters by deaths per million of population.
You'll figure out who are the problem Governors.
Hint, the ones that sent Covid patients back to nursing homes didn't do so well. Well done Whitmer & Cuomo!
Here's another hint, the problem governors don't live in Florida, Texas, GA or AZ.

Caring about case counts is moronic.
You should only care about deaths & overrunning the hospitals.
Geezus, even NY didn't run out of ventilators or ICU beds.
Despite the media hype, no one in the US has been denied an ICU bed or ventilator as far as I know.
Yet somehow the Trump Administration & the US has done a horrible job on Covid relative to the rest of the world.

Or maybe, this virus can't be controlled without lock down measures that are unsustainable.
Go with the controlled avalanche model getting the non-vulnerable to herd immunity while simultaneously not overrunning hospitals.
Keep the vulnerable and scared locked down until a vaccine or herd immunity arrive, whichever comes first.
Meanwhile the rest get on with their lives with masks & hand sanitizer and a bit more social distancing.
They might get sick, but the chances of death are 3X the flu.

It's called Freedom for a reason, "you do you" locked in your house & the rest will take their chances.
Newflash: That is what we are doing.
And when we look back, I bet 2020 will be another year of 2.7 - 2.9 million US Deaths.
The numbers won't lie and the US will have managed Covid-19 to the point it is a normal year judged by Total US Deaths.

The hype is laughable and all political.
The media needs Donny out and after Russia, Collusion, Quid Pro Quo & Impeachment they have finally found an issue that is sticking.
Well played, we'll see if it works come November.
The US gun purchase data says its going to be tougher than the "polls" suggest.
My money is still on Donny holding AZ & WI and winning 270-268.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288