No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

July 28th, 2020 at 10:05:17 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I was listening to Tucker Carlson talking about Google (or was it Facebook) censoring some doctor video.

So, I looked up the one proclaiming the cure for Covid.

Donald Trump Jr. declared the video of Stella Immanuel a “must watch,” while Donald Trump himself retweeted the video.

Immanuel says hydroxychloroquine is a cure of Covid.

Other claims she's made—include those about alien DNA and the physical effects of having sex with witches and demons in your dreams.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 29th, 2020 at 5:35:34 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Here is somebody allegedly with COVID-19 coughing on a police officer after receiving a parking ticket.

Great way to turn a 25-50 dollar parking ticket into thousands in fines and cour costs and very possibly jail time.

"Subsequently, Zielinski requested a warrant for esnikowski's arrest on the charges of threat of a dangerous substance, assault and battery and destruction of a parking ticket."

https://www.southcoasttoday.com/news/20200722/this-out-of-towner-received-parking-ticket-at-westport-beach-to-retaliate-he-coughed-on-police-officer-claiming-he-had-covid-19
July 29th, 2020 at 6:03:24 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Gandler
Here is somebody allegedly with COVID-19 coughing on a police officer after receiving a parking ticket.

Kind of related, I live on a semi-busy street with a parking lot nearby where the cops often hide to catch speeders and give them tickets.

I’m not a fan of speed traps. I usually have a mask hanging from my rear view mirror. I think if I got pulled over I’d just let it hang there while they ticketed me.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 29th, 2020 at 6:15:25 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
Kind of related, I live on a semi-busy street with a parking lot nearby where the cops often hide to catch speeders and give them tickets.

I’m not a fan of speed traps. I usually have a mask hanging from my rear view mirror. I think if I got pulled over I’d just let it hang there while they ticketed me.

So you get caught violating the law and would willfully be open to spreading Covid-19 or other disease you might have to the police officer doing their job?

Nice.

Why not try to get speed traps banned? Why not just realize that you were speeding and take your medicine like an adult? I've was guilty in every speeding incident I have been stopped in. I do routinely ask that departments also enforce other bad driving behavior, like passing on shoulder (an epidemic of that here in rural Texas) but it doesn't make my speeding any less illegal.

Wait...you probably aren't serious because I know you care completely for other human beings...
July 29th, 2020 at 7:11:06 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: RonC
Wait...you probably aren't serious because I know you care completely for other human beings...

I definitely never said that.

It was purely a hypothetical. I’ve got one speeding ticket in my life, back in 2013.

But yeah, I’m pretty sure I’d do what I said. Let the mask hang there from the mirror. Maybe the righties are correct (for once) and masks are ineffective! lol
July 29th, 2020 at 7:17:08 AM permalink
ams288
Louis Gohmert, who refused to wear a mask, tests positive for coronavirus

Definitely can’t feel sorry for this guy. Probably America’s dumbest congressperson.
July 29th, 2020 at 7:17:23 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I definitely never said that.

It was purely a hypothetical. I’ve got one speeding ticket in my life, back in 2013.

But yeah, I’m pretty sure I’d do what I said. Let the mask hang there from the mirror. Maybe the righties are correct (for once) and masks are ineffective! lol

Gotcha. What you are writing about doing would be the actions a douche bag might take as a babyish reaction to getting caught doing something wrong. Masks are the rule; I follow the rule. I know your action might not be specifically illegal but it violates the spirit of the attempts to protect people with masks.
July 29th, 2020 at 7:26:42 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: RonC
Gotcha. What you are writing about doing would be the actions a douche bag might take

To each their own.

For me, the douche bag in the situation is any cop running a speed trap. That’s just my opinion though. You’re free to disagree.
July 29th, 2020 at 7:40:36 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
To each their own.

For me, the douche bag in the situation is any cop running a speed trap. That’s just my opinion though. You’re free to disagree.

Why would you think that? I always just assume they are doing their job and that anyone that is speeding is breaking the law. I have had three speeding tickets in my 54 years and have never blamed the police officer or thought less of him for giving me a ticket.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 29th, 2020 at 7:59:58 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: DRich
Why would you think that? I always just assume they are doing their job and that anyone that is speeding is breaking the law. I have had three speeding tickets in my 54 years and have never blamed the police officer or thought less of him for giving me a ticket.

I guess it’s one of the few areas I veer more towards libertarian. We should all be more like Montana when it comes to speed laws.

And if cops can’t find more important things to do than man speed traps, that’s a signal that maybe we need less cops.