No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

July 18th, 2020 at 10:47:10 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
Dodo Cuomo just signed another well thought out executive order. (NOT!!!). I’m at a luxury spa in Skaneateles NY (Mirbeau). Yesterday we sat outside by the hot tub/ fireplace combo drinking a variety of concoctions. You wear a mask until you are seated, then sit with your group socially distant from non group members. We went back today, and were told we can’t order drinks unless we order food as well. I would say the cheapest poolside food on the menu was $15. But lo and behold, they added ‘popcorn’ for $1. So with our round of drinks we needed to order the popcorn. Just one order for the four of us. So I’m wondering how in ANY WAY his order helps stem the spread of coronavirus? Of course it doesn’t. The idiocy in many of these executive orders is just stunning. Who advised him this was a sound tactic?

You were there to violate the intent of the law anyway. Apparently.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 18th, 2020 at 10:58:55 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Evenbob
So how many do you suppose got
the virus because they believed
the lying midget that masks were
stupid and you were a moron if
you wore one. This is what doctors
do, they lie if it furthers their agenda?
Why listen to the jackasses at all, then,
if you have to figure out what's a
lie and what isn't. What's he lying
about now.

More than restaurants being open, fewer than protests and rallies? You have to keep in mind that CV was mainly isolated to a few states and cities when this directive was given, so NOT wearing a mask wouldn't have had an impact, in most cases and for most people.

Almost everybody lies if it furthers their agenda. You pretty much have to figure out what is or is not a lie in all things. I'm surprised that you seem surprised by this.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 18th, 2020 at 11:10:43 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Mission146
More than restaurants being open, fewer than protests and rallies? You have to keep in mind that CV was mainly isolated

So just lie, then, what does
it matter? Great way to do
business. I believe nothing
that comes out of the shrimp
quacks mouth. It's like being
a witness on the stand. Lie
just once and your entire
credibility is gone.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 18th, 2020 at 11:17:53 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
So just lie, then, what does
it matter? Great way to do
business. I believe nothing
that comes out of the shrimp
quacks mouth. It's like being
a witness on the stand. Lie
just once and your entire
credibility is gone.

Lying doesn't reduce your credibility in and of itself; getting caught lying does. There's also the question of the intent behind telling the lie, at least, for some people. In this instance, the intent was that he didn't want frontline healthcare professionals to be unable to access PPE due to a run on it, so that at least makes the lie justifiable, in my view.

Some people would say that lies are never, and can never be, justifiable; I say moral absolutes are for idiots who are incapable of nuance.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 18th, 2020 at 11:30:30 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I think what Bob is trying to say is, because he doesn't like what Dr. Fauci is saying now, and since he got caught in a lie in the past, that we shouldn't believe him now.
Contrast that with Trump, who is saying things that he likes now.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
July 18th, 2020 at 11:40:58 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Dalex64
I think what Bob is trying to say is, because he doesn't like what Dr. Fauci is saying now, and since he got caught in a lie in the past, that we shouldn't believe him now.
Contrast that with Trump, who is saying things that he likes now.

EB is finally upset with someone in the Trump administration lying?

Heehee. I just saw a thousand pigs flying over a frozen hellscape. Now I know why..
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 18th, 2020 at 11:48:56 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Mission146
so that at least makes the lie justifiable

All liars can justify their lies, so what.
You aren't making the point you
think you're making.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 18th, 2020 at 6:32:00 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
All liars can justify their lies, so what.
You aren't making the point you
think you're making.

That’s also true, but isn’t always relevant. I think the question is more of whether or not the person/people being lied to perceive the lie as justifiable, as this case.
July 18th, 2020 at 7:17:49 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
https://summit.news/2020/07/15/face-masks-mandated-by-uk-government-specifically-say-they-dont-protect-against-covid-19/

"The same type of face masks that the UK government is mandating people wear in shops from July 24 onwards to protect against the spread of coronavirus specifically state on their packaging that they don’t protect against coronavirus."
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 19th, 2020 at 9:33:17 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
You were there to violate the intent of the law anyway. Apparently.

Wow.... Um.... NO!!! The law when we arrived on Thursday was that we could get drinks by the hot tub/fireplace without needing to eat food. My point is that Dodo Cuomo somehow decided if we ordered the $15 hummus plate then it was now safe to be in the EXACT same place were in the day before!

The 'intent' of the law is just absolute, plain STUPIDITY!!! If you can explain to me how the four of us sitting alone drinking is less safe than the four of us sitting around drinking and also having a hummus plate! OF COURSE YOU CAN'T!!!!! It is just another plain old STUPID executive order.