15 members have voted

July 17th, 2020 at 2:28:59 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: RonC
Those weren't his exact words...

It's what I remember, not a direct
quote.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 17th, 2020 at 2:34:13 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Dalex64
When Fauci said no masks, he said it in order to prevent a run on masks 6

But he didn't SAY THAT, he just
down played masks like they
were useless. He might have
even used the word useless.
He's the useless one.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 18th, 2020 at 5:19:21 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
"Right now, in the United States, people should not be walking around with masks." - Fauci

"It could lead to a shortage in masks for the people who really need them." -Fauci

At the time of this interview, there was a dire shortage of masks, and hospitals were running low on supplies. But at the same time, more than two million people were packed like sardines in the NYC subways every day without masks.

"I don't regret anything I said then because in the context of the time in which I said it, it was correct. We were told in our task force meetings that we have a serious problem with the lack of PPEs and masks for the health providers who are putting themselves in harm's way every day to take care of sick people," -Fauci
July 18th, 2020 at 6:56:59 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Tanko
"Right now, in the United States, people should not be walking around with masks." - Fauci

"It could lead to a shortage in masks for the people who really need them." -Fauci

At the time of this interview, there was a dire shortage of masks, and hospitals were running low on supplies. But at the same time, more than two million people were packed like sardines in the NYC subways every day without masks.

"I don't regret anything I said then because in the context of the time in which I said it, it was correct. We were told in our task force meetings that we have a serious problem with the lack of PPEs and masks for the health providers who are putting themselves in harm's way every day to take care of sick people," -Fauci

Just another instance, and I agree with the decision, where some people are more equal than others. The mask decision put regular peoples lives at risk to save the care givers lives. Society makes these decisions all the time, equal treatment of everyone is and should be a myth.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 18th, 2020 at 7:31:14 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

So Fauci didn’t say wearing a mask makes you “stupid” like EB “remembers” him saying?

I’M SHOCKED
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 18th, 2020 at 8:09:14 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: ams288

So Fauci didn’t say wearing a mask makes you “stupid” like EB “remembers” him saying?

I’M SHOCKED

People here don't realize that science changes. In fact if it didn't that would be more alarming.

Also, there were backdoor logistical reasons to discourage masks during the beginning of the outbreak, they wanted to preserve the supply chain and prevent panic from the public....
July 18th, 2020 at 9:21:34 AM permalink
Evenbob

"I don't regret anything I said then -Fauci

Hey asshat midget Foochi. How about
you could have told people to make
a mask out of any cloth you have on
hand, like you're doing now. You
quack midget asshat.. You incompetent
liar.
July 18th, 2020 at 9:32:12 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Evenbob

"I don't regret anything I said then -Fauci

liar.

Had he done that, the implication would have been that people should be wearing masks...which would result in a run on actual professional-grade masks that he was trying to prevent in the first place. I don't see how it doesn't stand to reason that you want to preserve PPE for frontline healthcare workers if there is a shortage.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 18th, 2020 at 10:36:21 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: Evenbob
liar.

He's a total joke. I don't know how anyone can take him seriously anymore after he was acting giddy like a teenage girl after Brad Pitt portrayed him on SNL.

He's never gotten this much attention in his entire life, and it's painfully obvious that he loves every minute of it. 🙄
July 18th, 2020 at 10:37:31 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Mission146

Had he done that, the implication would have been

So how many do you suppose got
the virus because they believed
the lying midget that masks were
stupid and you were a moron if
you wore one. This is what doctors
do, they lie if it furthers their agenda?
Why listen to the jackasses at all, then,
if you have to figure out what's a
lie and what isn't. What's he lying
about now.