No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

July 8th, 2020 at 11:45:07 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: JCW09
How is that Hillary Administration doing?

Unfortunately, there is no Hillary administration as the popular vote does not elect the president.

But we can all say with 100% certainty that her administration would be handling the coronavirus crisis better than Donny is.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 8th, 2020 at 6:14:35 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
https://thehill.com/policy/international/americas/506409-8-in-10-canadians-want-border-with-us-to-remain-closed-due-to
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 8th, 2020 at 6:29:02 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: terapined
https://thehill.com/policy/international/americas/506409-8-in-10-canadians-want-border-with-us-to-remain-closed-due-to

Every country should want to keep Americans out. We are the laughing stock of the world.

Thanks to Donny’s ineptitude and the anti-mask idiots, we won’t be out of this mess for a long time.
July 8th, 2020 at 8:24:27 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
Every country should want to keep Americans out. We are the laughing stock of the world.

Thanks to Donny’s ineptitude and the anti-mask idiots, we won’t be out of this mess for a long time.

Actually if you want Covid to be done in a hurry then you need lots of cases like you are getting now. Get it over with. To slow it down too much will draw it out for years.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 8th, 2020 at 9:30:01 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288

Anecdotal evidence readily available to everyone who looks shows that many people of voting blocks or locations not supportive of horrible old Donny continue to have family gatherings, parties, etc. where violations of protocols are common. That doesn't carry with it actual scientific evidence of spreading the infection; that is available in the testing information, if one looks for it.

In simpler terms, people of all types are openly violating the mask, social distancing, and gathering suggestions and orders. If one is to think it is all Donny's fans causing the problem, they must be incapable of sorting out the actual news from what the presenters from the various networks deem important enough to show us.
July 8th, 2020 at 9:36:56 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
...on mandatory vaccines:

Regarding Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U.S. 11 (1905)

The liberty secured by the Constitution of the United States does not import an absolute right in each person to be at all times, and in all circumstances, wholly freed from restraint, nor is it an element in such liberty that one person, or a minority of persons residing in any community and enjoying the benefits of its local government, should have power to dominate the majority when supported in their action by the authority of the State.

It is within the police power of a State to enact a compulsory vaccination law, and it is for the legislature, and not for the courts, to determine

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/197/11/

There are many powers some people want Trump to take, even some he has said he would take, that he just does not have because they are not in the laws or Constitution. The individual States have powers to do things the Federal government cannot do.
July 9th, 2020 at 10:34:23 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
This guy is a friend I'll never meet.
He speaks fluent Russian and Hindi
and travels around the world making
videos for a living. I've seen all of
them more than once.

He disappeared weeks ago and now
he tells us why. He assumed he was
safe because he's only 44 and in
great condition. He traveled freely
in 3rd world crapholes, rode crowded
buses/trains/ subways with no mask.
Here's the chilling result.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 9th, 2020 at 11:26:32 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: Evenbob
This guy is a friend I'll never meet.
He speaks fluent Russian and Hindi
and travels around the world making
videos for a living. I've seen all of
them more than once.

He disappeared weeks ago and now
he tells us why. He assumed he was
safe because he's only 44 and in
great condition. He traveled freely
in 3rd world crapholes, rode crowded
buses/trains/ subways with no mask.
Here's the chilling result.

So... It’s not just like the flu?
July 9th, 2020 at 12:18:09 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
To slow it down too much will draw it out for years.

WTF
I have family in Taiwan and they update me on the virus
Taiwan took this very seriously and really slowed it down.
That's the way you do it
My family in Taiwan, who lived in the USA at one time, feel really sorry for this country.
They pity us and pray for us
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 9th, 2020 at 12:32:42 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: terapined
WTF
I have family in Taiwan and they update me on the virus
Taiwan took this very seriously and really slowed it down.
That's the way you do it
My family in Taiwan, who lived in the USA at one time, feel really sorry for this country.
They pity us and pray for us

Tell them to make like Duran Duran and save a prayer. In terms of the collective citizenry of the U.S., this is our own fault. It's also the fault of the Government. In the face of mandatory shutdowns, I think some people tend to see not wearing a mask as some sort of quasi-revolt. Otherwise, I think it would be like the MMR vaccines and such...the Government would issue recommendations and most people would do them. I don't think individual businesses choosing to require masks...unless someone is a real @$$, would have resulted in very many challenges/altercations.

I also tend to think that people are sometimes inclined to be socially cooperative, unless they feel like they're being threatened or ordered around. Most people don't get strep or the flu and say, "I'm going to go out and cough around as many people as possible." This is just a symptom of the divisiveness in this country, how the hell else does wearing a mask or not somehow become a question of political leaning for anyone?

Anyway, I feel bad for the people who are taking at least minimum precautions and will get it or have family members who get it and die anyway. As far as the most vocal opponents of the masks and those who refuse to wear them, every single one of them can contract it and die and it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Pretty much going to be mostly the extreme left or extreme right folks anyway, so like I said in the other thread, they'd be doing those who survive a favor by dying.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman