1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

May 30th, 2020 at 2:19:15 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: terapined
Yup
Disabled war veterans are snowflakes if they are offended when somebody bends the knee
Its the universal sign of respect and submission since the dawn of time

And, in fairness, some veterans say they specifically fought for the freedoms of peaceful public protest. Still has no bearing on the employer/employee relationship.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 30th, 2020 at 3:46:20 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: SOOPOO
Ed, you choose to ignore all the relevant points of Kaepernick kneeling. It is what liberals usually do. I am ALL FOR Kaepernick being able to kneel WHEN NOT AT WORK. If I am an owner of a team I do not allow my employees to disrespect the National Anthem WHILE AT WORK. If Kaepernick wants to buy a ticket and kneel in the stands I will support his right to do so. "Protesting peacefully is as American as apple pie" is true, BUT NOT WHILE AT WORK!
How is it possible that those on the left cannot understand the difference between protesting on your own time and protesting at your place of work?

Ask Ben Carson if Trump is a racist. Or Senator Scott. Or Surgeon General Adams. I guess he took a break from being a racist when he appointed Adams. You know, because there were absolutely no White candidates available when he made the selection. And there wasn't a single White person Trump could have chosen for HUD chief. I guess if Trump supports general conservative themes like individual responsibility, secure borders, strong military, etc... he MUST be a racist! Who cares if he has hired African Americans for top leadership positions? Who cares if African American unemployment was at HISTORIC lows pre-pandemic? Trump bad! Trump bad! SEE I just proved Trump bad because I said so!
OMG!! The libbie just got DESTROYED by this message!! And I LOVE it!! 🤣🤣🤣

Shrek owes me the 2004 knockout of Vonda Ward. I think it was the most devastating one punch knockout I have ever seen.
Your wish is my command haha!!

Here's terapined (red) vs. SOOPOO (black) in this whole debate. Poor terapined. 😂😂

May 30th, 2020 at 3:56:13 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
My god, the libbie got SLAMMED by others too!! I love it!!

Quote: petroglyph
I seriously doubt that if some of your employers prime customers were visiting the main office while you were at work, that you would be kneeling on an American flag, or drawing lewd pictures of Allah. It's simply unprofessional behavior, and would damage your employers income stream.

Quote: Mission146
You’ll excuse me, but I’m actually with SOOPOO on this one on the grounds of free association. Whether or not any of the things are, “Right or wrong,” has no bearing; the only thing that matters is whether your employer wants you to be doing them or not.
May 30th, 2020 at 4:36:48 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Shrek

That's a roundhouse. Look how she
comes up from way down and
puts all her weight into the punch.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 30th, 2020 at 5:30:56 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Sorry for the derail, guys. Back to coronavirus. I just got my yearly invite to the Anesthesia Residency graduation. Usually at a huge old Buffalo mansion, steeped in history, called the Buffalo Club. Not this year... the residents, who have been on the front lines of fighting the pandemic in hard hit hospitals will be graduating via zoom from their living room. There are only a dozen or so, and say average 4 guests, and around 40 faculty. So maybe 100 people.
There are multiple auditoriums in town that seat 1000 people. I just can't believe they couldn't have rented one out, used proper social distancing, and had a graduation where they were presented live with a diploma in front of their loved ones. I know it might be not the most important thing canceled, but I just don't think it needed to be. By the time it was scheduled, we are supposed to be mostly open.
May 30th, 2020 at 7:24:01 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I just can't believe they couldn't have rented one out, used proper social distancing, and had a graduation where they were presented live with a diploma in front of their loved ones. I know it might be not the most important thing canceled, but I just don't think it needed to be. By the time it was scheduled, we are supposed to be mostly open.

I never appreciated the graduation ceremonies. My parents forced me to attend my high school one and I thought it was ridiculous. Is it really a big accomplishment to graduate high school? For college I skipped the graduation ceremony. Just no interest on my part. Maybe it would be different if I didn;t expect to graduate.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 30th, 2020 at 7:52:45 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: DRich
I never appreciated the graduation ceremonies. My parents forced me to attend my high school one and I thought it was ridiculous. Is it really a big accomplishment to graduate high school? For college I skipped the graduation ceremony. Just no interest on my part. Maybe it would be different if I didn;t expect to graduate.

Same as me I to my high school grad but no big deal. Small Canadian town no major prom or kings and queens and $1000 dresses. Absolutely no interest in my University graduation. I spent my 4 years and got what I expected too, pat on the back not required.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 30th, 2020 at 8:18:37 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I never appreciated the graduation ceremonies. My parents forced me to attend my high school one and I thought it was ridiculous. Is it really a big accomplishment to graduate high school?
Sometimes it is, for the parents.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 31st, 2020 at 3:26:17 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

I almost skipped mine for what was a big game that weekend, for the playoffs. My parents wanted me to go. Feeling of accomplishment but if it was called off I would have not been more than mildly upset. I didn't even know about putting a message on your cap.

I want to tell the kids who are disappointed that they are going to get disappointed at all kinds of things in life that are not what they think they are so might as well get used to it early.
The President is a fink.
May 31st, 2020 at 5:32:59 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: petroglyph
Sometimes it is, for the parents.

I guess it was a 'medium' deal for me when my kids graduated college. Certainly bigger for my ex-wife. New wife's daughter graduates HS this month and wife feels terrible that there won't be a normal graduation with a prom and parties, etc....

Presumably, my older son finally gets his PhD this August, and this one will be more special for me. I will go and sit in on his thesis defense (there is part that is private, and part that is open to the public), as it is truly the culmination of nearly a decade's worth of work. It is more than just watching him walk across a stage.

He has already accepted a job in Gainesville. If wifey and I get a place in the Villages it is only an hour drive.