1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

May 30th, 2020 at 11:34:33 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
My problem is there is an exemption.

Why is my free speech not as important as someone's religion. (I know, I know, the founders singled it out, but I disagree)

You’re preaching to the choir on this one.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 30th, 2020 at 11:51:13 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Actually, I’ll go a step further and stipulate that, because businesses and employees are taxed, they therefore partially exist in service of the state. Because they exist at the service of the state, and there is a separation of church and state, religious ceremonies, references, etc. etc. automatically have no place in business whatsoever.

Of course, some businesses exist primarily to religious ends, directly or indirectly, so you would have exemptions in this regard.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 30th, 2020 at 11:54:37 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Mission146

Whether or not any of the things are, “Right or wrong

Outside of a sporting event
Where is the act of kneeling observed as an act of protest
Its not like he's burning a flag.
People CHOOSE to be offended. Its absurd. Its crazy. Its people that have no lives and look for stuff to offend them
If you are at a football game, probably never see it. Its a tiny speck among the whole pageantry. Thousands of fans are still drinking in the parking lot during the anthem because you have to take out a 2nd mortgage to drink in the stadium.
I see somebody kneeling, the very last thing on my mind is somebody is protesting
Protests all over the country today. How may are kneeling???????
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 30th, 2020 at 12:36:25 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
What is this BS about a knockout. Sounds like you cant deal with a different opinion ?

I've see protesting at work
As long as it does not effect the work, how is it wrong?
How is the act of kneeling wrong?
Why is the anthem played. If they played it in the office I worked in, you think I should be fired if I kneeled
I don't think they should play the anthem at a sport where the purpose is to inflict serious brain injury on another human being
I seriously doubt that if some of your employers prime customers were visiting the main office while you were at work, that you would be kneeling on an American flag, or drawing lewd pictures of Allah. It's simply unprofessional behavior, and would damage your employers income stream.

One of my gripes about Kaepernicks continued protest while on duty, was it violates the labor/ management agreement in so many ways. His employers entire nut is made from public perception and PR. I'm not even going to look up the stats on how much viewership dropped because of public perception of his disrespect for America/ veterans etc.
Me being a labor advocate, I also take into consideration all the other guys in the players union who's best shot at some kind of lifetime income stream will be jeopardized. The players union had negotiated long and hard to get the starting pay up past 600k, but that isn't Kaep pay, that is the guys on the line, who after the NFL, most of those guys will be tending to their injury's the rest of their lives.
Every sentence in the players contract, every word, is gone over by teams of lawyers, who watch for violations continually, on the employers side, in hopes of getting out of paying premiums.
The way workers can win when labor disputes happen, is when they can show exemplary adherence to labor agreement. My employer, your employer, Kaep's employer all have the right to try and make a profit. That is what keeps them in business, and keeps our checks coming in, that' the negotiated and signed explicit agreement, we make them money and they share some of it with us. And part of the beauty of that is, with good legal agreements, after work we can do anything we want. But on the clock, his behavior affects all the guys that are in the bargaining unit with him. His actions costs all the divorced single moms of those busted up players, his actions affect those kids chances in life, his actions, violating his signed agreement on behavior will affect the game from now on. The only one that makes out on his behavior is him. The brothers ought to "E board" board him.

Now Kaep goes off being a superstar and he's really making it big in the shoe business, with Nike no less, the biggest human trafficking scum shoemaker on the planet. But that's ok, Kaep will still eat. He'll eat millions.
But the guys on the line, that gave him all the protection their body's could give, are now busted up to hell, and they aren't getting those multi million dollar contracts for shoes, While Nike uses that slave labor to make. The typical brain trust of pro sports worshippers, Idolizing this guy who's made millions by using the race divide card in this country.

Now today, we have more division in the streets than we've had since Rosa Parks, and no one is reading her heroic action, her sacrifice is forgotten, it's all about his multi million dollar anti labor, anti American symbol hustler.

I believe in the sanctity of contracts. We have the right to demand a safe work space from our employers, the problem is, employers like Amazon that won't provide masks and other minimal protections, meat plants that are the same, that pay so little, poor Latinos will walk from Central America to work in slave conditions, for sub minimum wage jobs, not the NFL paying millions and millions of FU money to players like Kaep, that violated the labor agreement with his employer, costing them billions in total, and sure as gravity, **** flows downhill to the guys on the line. Living with busted body's, only able to prove TBI after their deaths, many of them registering for public aid, while Kaep tours the world in private jets.

"It will be interesting to see what happens with the latest league snafu, where the NFL rejected an ad from the group American Veterans entitled "Please Stand." It encouraged people to stand for the anthem when it's played, and show respect and honor for the flag and what it stands for. The ad was rejected as 'too political' by the NFL, leaving even the Washington Post to comment that the league is being hypocritical. Especially since it allowed players to kneel, sit and otherwise protest the anthem throughout the season."
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 30th, 2020 at 12:41:21 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: petroglyph
I seriously doubt that if some of your employers prime customers were visiting the main office while you were at work, that you would be kneeling on an American flag, or drawing lewd pictures of Allah. It's simply unprofessional behavior, and would damage your employers income stream.

One of my gripes about Kaepernicks continued protest while on duty, was it violates the labor/ management agreement in so many ways. His employers entire nut is made from public perception and PR. I'm not even going to look up the stats on how much viewership dropped because of public perception of his disrespect for America/ veterans etc.
Me being a labor advocate, I also take into consideration all the other guys in the players union who's best shot at some kind of lifetime income stream will be jeopardized. The players union had negotiated long and hard to get the starting pay up past 600k, but that isn't Kaep pay, that is the guys on the line, who after the NFL, most of those guys will be tending to their injury's the rest of their lives.
Every sentence in the players contract, every word, is gone over by teams of lawyers, who watch for violations continually, on the employers side, in hopes of getting out of paying premiums.
The way workers can win when labor disputes happen, is when they can show exemplary adherence to labor agreement. My employer, your employer, Kaep's employer all have the right to try and make a profit. That is what keeps them in business, and keeps our checks coming in, that' the negotiated and signed explicit agreement, we make them money and they share some of it with us. And part of the beauty of that is, with good legal agreements, after work we can do anything we want. But on the clock, his behavior affects all the guys that are in the bargaining unit with him. His actions costs all the divorced single moms of those busted up players, his actions affect those kids chances in life, his actions, violating his signed agreement on behavior will affect the game from now on. The only one that makes out on his behavior is him. The brothers ought to "E board" board him.

Now Kaep goes off being a superstar and he's really making it big in the shoe business, with Nike no less, the biggest human trafficking scum shoemaker on the planet. But that's ok, Kaep will still eat. He'll eat millions.
But the guys on the line, that gave him all the protection their body's could give, are now busted up to hell, and they aren't getting those multi million dollar contracts for shoes, While Nike uses that slave labor to make. The typical brain trust of pro sports worshippers, Idolizing this guy who's made millions by using the race divide card in this country.

Now today, we have more division in the streets than we've had since Rosa Parks, and no one is reading her heroic action, her sacrifice is forgotten, it's all about his multi million dollar anti labor, anti American symbol hustler.

I believe in the sanctity of contracts. We have the right to demand a safe work space from our employers, the problem is, employers like Amazon that won't provide masks and other minimal protections, meat plants that are the same, that pay so little, poor Latinos will walk from Central America to work in slave conditions, for sub minimum wage jobs, not the NFL paying millions and millions of FU money to players like Kaep, that violated the labor agreement with his employer, costing them billions in total, and sure as gravity, **** flows downhill to the guys on the line. Living with busted body's, only able to prove TBI after their deaths, many of them registering for public aid, while Kaep tours the world in private jets.

"It will be interesting to see what happens with the latest league snafu, where the NFL rejected an ad from the group American Veterans entitled "Please Stand." It encouraged people to stand for the anthem when it's played, and show respect and honor for the flag and what it stands for. The ad was rejected as 'too political' by the NFL, leaving even the Washington Post to comment that the league is being hypocritical. Especially since it allowed players to kneel, sit and otherwise protest the anthem throughout the season."

He took a knee. The horror. Only a snowflake would be offended
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 30th, 2020 at 1:32:50 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
He took a knee. The horror. Only a snowflake would be offended
Are you sure of that? Only snowflakes? I gave you a clickable link to veterans groups that are offended. Are you saying that disabled war veterans are snowflakes?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 30th, 2020 at 1:39:56 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
What is this BS about a knockout. Sounds like you cant deal with a different opinion ?

Why is the anthem played. If they played it in the office I worked in, you think I should be fired if I kneeled
I don't think they should play the anthem at a sport where the purpose is to inflict serious brain injury on another human being

See Mission's answer above. In summary, the NFL puts on a product, and (theoretically) espouses certain values. They have bullshit suspensions for non-crimes all the time. They have personal responsibility clauses in all their contracts. They (fake, in my opinion) act like they care about a whole bunch of issues. If one of them is respect for the Flag and Country, I'm ok with it.

As far as the video, do you want me to find 10 of black voters changing away from Biden for every one you find of Black voters changing away from Trump? By the way, how old was that? He mentioned possibly supporting Kamala Harris!!!! Unless that's from another era he needs to be told who is actually running for president!
May 30th, 2020 at 2:01:45 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: petroglyph
Are you sure of that? Only snowflakes? I gave you a clickable link to veterans groups that are offended. Are you saying that disabled war veterans are snowflakes?

Yup
Disabled war veterans are snowflakes if they are offended when somebody bends the knee
Its the universal sign of respect and submission since the dawn of time
May 30th, 2020 at 2:08:54 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

I have never seen a single job that allows you to push a politcal agenda at work (aside from the obvious political groups.....)

It pretty much a big no-go anywhere, you don't push politicts or religion at work... Thats like HR101....
May 30th, 2020 at 2:16:44 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Outside of a sporting event
Where is the act of kneeling observed as an act of protest
Its not like he's burning a flag.
People CHOOSE to be offended. Its absurd. Its crazy. Its people that have no lives and look for stuff to offend them
If you are at a football game, probably never see it. Its a tiny speck among the whole pageantry. Thousands of fans are still drinking in the parking lot during the anthem because you have to take out a 2nd mortgage to drink in the stadium.
I see somebody kneeling, the very last thing on my mind is somebody is protesting
Protests all over the country today. How may are kneeling???????

False equivalence. Outside of a sporting event, where do you ever hear the National Anthem? Also, he said it was a protest.

I’m not opposed to flag burning, depending on who owns that particular flag and other context. If someone wants to purchase a flag and burn it, then they can certainly do that.

I agree with the rest, but none of that pertains to the free association that is the employer/employee relationship.