No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

May 21st, 2020 at 6:59:16 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
I’ve been under general anesthesia three times in my life. I have no memory whatsoever of them knocking me out. I can remember being wheeled into the ORs, and that’s about it. I was healthy and under 30 for all three surgeries so I always got the feeling from the anesthesiologists during their pre-surgery questioning of me that I was a walk in the park for them.

I've been under and cant remember
But
I did have the Michael Jackson juice once and was awake for it
I was in the emergency room. Dislocated my elbow
They needed to manipulate my arm and put it in a sleeve.
So that I couldn't feel pain, they gave me the Michael Jackson juice
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 21st, 2020 at 7:02:09 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
they gave me the Michael Jackson juice

I believe that is Propofol. I think that may be the one that made me lose my sense of taste after the surgery for a few days.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 22nd, 2020 at 12:08:11 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: ams288
I’ve been under general anesthesia three times in my life. I have no memory whatsoever of them knocking me out. I can remember being wheeled into the ORs, and that’s about it. I was healthy and under 30 for all three surgeries so I always got the feeling from the anesthesiologists during their pre-surgery questioning of me that I was a walk in the park for them.
I believe that is the Versed?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 22nd, 2020 at 3:04:02 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
How many have died from the virus in the US, 100000? How is it that nobody in my wife's extended family of about 40 adults knows personally or has heard of somebody that has died from the virus.

55000 died in Vietnam. If you were an adult in the late 60s and early 70s you know one or two military who died. I knew four or five personally, boys that I went to school with or grew up with. Why is it I know of not a single virus death

I have been wondering much the same thing. I do not even know someone who has legit had it.
The President is a fink.
May 22nd, 2020 at 4:39:22 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: petroglyph
I believe that is the Versed?

Versed truly changed the practice of anesthesiology. It came into practice around 30 years ago, replacing valium essentially. Same class of drug, but quicker acting, and doesn't last as long, and has a stronger amnestic property. After you get it you are most likely still awake, but most (not all!) won't remember anything after. So you can still be having a conversation but just not remember.

My favorite "Versed" story was after I gave an older guy some, he started a conversation about an ex Bills coach who he just loathed, thought he was boring, passionless, incompetent, etc... Dick Jauron. In recovery room after patient thanks me for putting him to sleep in the pre op area instead of waiting until the OR. I told him he was wide awake upon entering the OR. He called bullshit on me. I asked him if he remembered the conversation we had about the Bills. He said we had no such conversation. When I told him exactly what he said about Dick Jauron his jaw dropped.

Propofol, or "Michael Jackson juice" as someone here called it, replaced pentathol. You wake up so much 'cleaner' from propofol, and it is much easier to use. You can use it for long sedation cases, or short sedation cases as well. Now that I think about it, Propofol may have been a bigger upgrade to pentathol than Versed was to valium.
May 22nd, 2020 at 8:38:32 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
221 pages and I'm going to jump in? Okay.

Jesus Christ.

What a FUBAR situation, huh? I have a few different entities who I blame for the current state of affairs and the collapse of the discretionary spending segments of the economy as a result of the actions we have taken in response to the Coronavirus. Stay tuned for an article on the gambling industry specifically, it'll be coming out in the next day or two.

Donald Trump-He disbanded the pandemic response team. I rest my case.

Far Left/Young People- So, then you have these idiots who supposedly attend higher education institutions who think it would be a good idea to all gather in a throng and flock to the beaches in response to this outbreak. I guess most of them wouldn't die if they got the Coronavirus, but they could certainly spread it to others who would by way of their total carelessness.

Which gives the Far Left something to do as Führer Wolf here in Pennsylvania as well as Governors from other states institute Draconian level shutdowns because the average American is simply too stupid to receive guidelines from the Government for personal activity and, I don't know, actually adhere to medically advisable requests?

Anyway, so now we have the Far Left using this as a means to advance the concept of Universal Basic Income for all people by way of a stimulus package (in this case) passed by the Legislative body. Of course, now this beefs up their position that it shouldn't just be this one-time thing.

And, before any of you criticize, I didn't put in my information for the stimulus money. They'll have to find me if they want me to take it and I'm just going to donate it to something if I do get it.

Let's also not forget the expanded unemployment benefits. What's the result? In some states employers cannot get their employees back because the employees make more money by virtue of being unemployed. That's fantastic. Granted, I don't blame the employees for acting in their own financial best interests, although, it is a little bold to assume that they'll just be able to walk into a new job when the unemployment compensation runs out.

Meantime, we grow the National Debt without a care in the world, because we can just print more currency anytime we want to, completely without regard to its actual long-term valuation.

And then, you have Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, quite probably the most disgusting and repulsive human being in the entire Congressional body who, "Loves to see it," when people lose their high-paying industrial jobs and related companies go out of business. Because, in her fundamentally misguided world view, it will only take us 17 minutes or so to switch over to green energy.

Okay, so we want to have UBI, Universal Healthcare, free college education and I ask you this: WITH WHAT F&$&&%&*&ING TAX BASE!!!!????

For God's sake, it's one thing to advocate for all of those things when there at least exists a theoretical tax base to support it. Sure, it's stealing, because the income itself has already been taxed...but at least you have someone to steal from! She wants to steal the money without actually having anyone to steal money from! It would be like a wannabe professional burglar targeting a tent city.

And, I don't want anything bad to happen to AOC, I guess. But, I will say this: If any of those guys who lost their pipeline job that pays in the low six figures had went and put one in her after she said that...I would have a very hard time finding anger. That said, murder is wrong, in general...but it doesn't mean I have to be angry about it.

So, you can't have free association because the Far Left can't do anything in a way that's not extreme. That's just how they operate. You can't have a hair stylist who owns a one chair shop and has no employees schedule appointments with one person at a time because---boohoo---we've got to protect people.

They can all shove it up their collective @$$3$ because anyone with eyes can see the long game is Government dependence. Why can you not have someone who knows the risks freely enter a hair salon to see a hairdresser who is operating of her own free will and volition in a way that is safe?

Oh, right, because idiot college kids are going to all flock to the beaches. Most of whom are far left Liberals.

Religious People/Southerners/Far Right White People-Oh man, you knew this was coming. Now, we get to the fun part. Far Right White People, protests in Michigan, yada yada, whatever I don't care.

Southern Baptists and Megachurches, let's have some fun.

The first thing that I want to get out of the way is that I do not care one iota to prevent your free association and I think it is absolutely horrendous, a totally unjustified Constitutional abuse, that you cannot express your Freedom of Religion in anyway you like. That includes gathering, of course.

Not only do I advocate for your right to freely gather, I strongly encourage it. I heard a few Catholic churches got rid of the Holy Water before the lockdowns. I wonder why that could be.

God won't save you.

Listen, the priests bless the water and should be encouraged to do that if it works so well. Congregate. Embrace one another. Enter thee into the house of the Lord and dip fingers into the Holy Water so that ye will be purified in the eyes of the Holy Trinity. Maybe even wash your face with it if you really want to. Not saying you should, but the next time a religious person cares about what he/she SHOULD do will be the first, for most of them.

Oh, and the Megachurches!!! Just pray the virus away, banish it from this land. It works pretty well with homosexuality, right? Gather ye into the house of the Lord and join hands in a way that will combine your strength and beseech unto the Lord that the Holy be protected by his nonexistence. If you get sick, it just means you didn't pray hard enough.

Lay hands upon one another, touch one another upon the face, if you like, and imbue one another with the power of the Lord...not that any of you would know what the word imbue means...except maybe the church leaders. They're smart enough guys, they just play dumb guys on TV. You have to be pretty smart AND pretty ruthless to take the suckers for that kind of money.

Just like how Trump got elected, he used the word, "Bible," in a sentence once. Idiots.

But, it's okay, because even if you die of COVID-19 you'll go to Heaven, right? Right!? Well, I certainly hope you're right and that congregating with your fellow idiots in God's House was worth it. Maybe you can all break bread together while you're at it.

Or, you could just be intelligent and listen to what SHOULD BE optional recommendations, but you won't do that. Social distancing and taking precautions might save you, Jesus Christ, on the other hand, will definitely not.

It's okay. While it's not quite Hell, slow suffocation should be punishment enough.

CONCLUSION

In conclusion, a hearty thank you, screw you and have a nice day to all of the parties mentioned above.

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

We have people who outright denied COVID-19 sprinkled all over the place, how did that turn out for you?

We have people who kept comparing the numbers to the flu, for which there is a vaccine by the way, using full year data against data for two months...how are those numbers looking, friends?

We have the, "BUT...MEH RIGHTS," people who are refusing to wear masks in businesses. Guess what? A business can make you wear a mask as a barrier to entry whether you like it or not. That's called free association and is a concept familiar to the Libertarian-minded folks. Here is one of your rights: If you don't want to wear a mask when the business says you need one to enter, then you have the option of not entering the business. YOU don't have to shop there. YOU are infringing upon the rights of the business to have whatever rules it wants to. Now, go inject yourself with some bleach, crank that tanning bed up to MAX and pop some hydroxychloroquine. The tingle means it's working.

We have the Far Left folks who parade around all day on social media drawing the ire of some of the Far Right folks who go out and protest vehemently, I assume, for no other real reason than to tick off the Far Left folks.

ESSENTIAL EMPLOYEES:

This is a new concept. Let me thank all of the uneducated essential employees for their clairvoyance and bravery when they went and took grocery store jobs knowing that this virus would happen. Thank you to the Far Left, again...maybe just the fringe Far Left...for promoting a nationwide strike at the only time ever that these peoples' jobs actually mattered. "Hey, we've got them by the throat now, if all of the grocery employees walk out...the stores will HAVE to give us whatever we want."

Go to hell. If the employees at my local grocery store had walked out, I'd have walked right in and started stocking shelves for free. Let's see you idiots price compete with free.

But, for those newly anointed 'Essential,' employees behaving as reasonable human beings (probably most): Thank you and very nice job.

By the way, PENN NATIONAL GAMING, great company. Did everything they could for the food banks after shutting down, was the first to say they'd pay their employees for a full month (before the Government was even talking about anything) and donated tons of PPE to area hospitals. Very nice work.

WHOLE FOODS/AMAZON can get screwed. They wanted the employees to share/donate accrued PTO with one another in case anyone came down with COVID-19 because Bezos apparently can't afford a few extra days of PTO here and there. That strike was totally justified.

BACK TO CONCLUDING:

What we should have done, and I was saying this before I knew anything about Sweden, is nothing. We should have had guidelines for recommended behavior issued by the Government and mature and responsible people should follow those guidelines of their own volition without acting like babies. You don't have to go too far one way or the other way with that. Maintain social distancing, when possible, wear a mask, shut your mouth.

The most at-risk groups should be identified and recommendations (optional) should be given to them to avoid places like A, B and C...whatever they are. People who live with said at-risk groups should also consider these guidelines.

Should you ban large gatherings? That's the only one where I'm on the fence, especially when it comes to outdoor gatherings, everyone wearing a mask, yada yada.

But, the bottom line is we wouldn't need the Government to protect us from ourselves if it weren't for the collection of idiots referenced above. Thanks for that.

And, as it turns out, we failed to protect the elderly anyway. It's okay, so did Sweden, Italy...basically all of them. Their immune systems are just too weak and it's just too easy for them to spread it from one to another. Nursing homes are a cold on an island situation. Caretakers/nurses/doctors may well want to follow the same guidelines as if they lived with the at-risk groups, because they basically do.

And then, so many people willingly embraced, even advocated for, a nearly complete lockdown without even knowing whether or not reinfection would be possible. Without knowing whether or not COVID-19 can eventually mutate into a new strain the theoretical vaccine cannot protect us from. Without knowing if we'll ever have a similar situation to this, maybe even as soon as a year from now.

And, they're talking about a potential second wave come Autumn. Are we going to lockdown again?

Doug Polk might have said it best when he said the maximum number of lives worth risking to get back to normal is certainly more than zero. If you don't want to risk death, don't leave your house, because death is inevitable.

But, why so afraid of dying if the alternative is not really living?

And, never forget, God will not save you.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 22nd, 2020 at 9:46:53 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Mission146
221 pages and I'm going to jump in? Okay.

Let me wise you up, Mission.
Nobody here is going to read
encyclopedia length posts
like this. I read what I quoted
above, that's it. 96% of us here
have learned to make our points
right away, not ramble on like
a runaway train.

I don't like AMS, but dang he gets
right to the point in every post.
Brevity is the key in most things.

Do what you want, I'm just sayin..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 22nd, 2020 at 9:58:26 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I read 4% of Evenbob's posts, and just take wild guesses about the other 96%.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 22nd, 2020 at 10:02:27 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Evenbob
Let me wise you up, Mission.
Nobody here is going to read
encyclopedia length posts
like this. I read what I quoted
above, that's it. 96% of us here
have learned to make our points
right away, not ramble on like
a runaway train.

I don't like AMS, but dang he gets
right to the point in every post.
Brevity is the key in most things.

Do what you want, I'm just sayin..

Quick and to the point: GFY. Have a nice day. You can read 1% of my posts as I read 0% of yours, except what someone else quotes. See ya.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 22nd, 2020 at 10:08:10 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Donald Trump-He disbanded the pandemic response team. I rest my case.

Yup, totally agree

Far Left/Young People- So, then you have these idiots who supposedly attend higher education institutions who think it would be a good idea to all gather in a throng and flock to the beaches in response to this outbreak. I guess most of them wouldn't die if they got the Coronavirus, but they could certainly spread it to others who would by way of their total carelessness.

The kid at the beach in the viral video "If I get Corona then I get Corona" is singing a different tune and came to his senses
My nephew gets it. His personal experiences, its boomers that are the problem. He recently posted this "Achievement unlocked: get scoffed at by a boomer for social distancing while grocery shopping"

Meantime, we grow the National Debt without a care in the world, because we can just print more currency anytime we want to, completely without regard to its actual long-term valuation.

I agree. I used to vote republican because I thought that party supported a balanced budget
Sad to see spending exploding under Trump pre virus with the total support of republicans
You have to balance the budget so you can afford to spend when emergencies hit such as the virus.
If we balanced the budget, we could afford all this spending. Currently we cannot afford.

And, I don't want anything bad to happen to AOC, I guess. But, I will say this: If any of those guys who lost their pipeline job that pays in the low six figures had went and put one in her after she said that...I would have a very hard time finding anger. That said, murder is wrong, in general...but it doesn't mean I have to be angry about it.

Disagree
Somebody loses their job and they are going to get crazy over what a person they have never met has said
That's insane.
Somebody loses their job, they are gonna blame 1 person in the house with 435 members. That's about the most absurd thing to hear.
Lets blame AOC for EVERYTHING. Pretty dumb if you ask me.

Oh, right, because idiot college kids are going to all flock to the beaches. Most of whom are far left Liberals.

???????
Beaches just opened here in Clearwater
Its locals. Old and young, families.

Religious People/Southerners/Far Right White People-Oh man, you knew this was coming. Now, we get to the fun part. Far Right White People, protests in Michigan, yada yada, whatever I don't care.

Southern Baptists and Megachurches, let's have some fun.

The first thing that I want to get out of the way is that I do not care one iota to prevent your free association and I think it is absolutely horrendous, a totally unjustified Constitutional abuse, that you cannot express your Freedom of Religion in anyway you like. That includes gathering, of course.

Not only do I advocate for your right to freely gather, I strongly encourage it. I heard a few Catholic churches got rid of the Holy Water before the lockdowns. I wonder why that could be.

God won't save you.

Listen, the priests bless the water and should be encouraged to do that if it works so well. Congregate. Embrace one another. Enter thee into the house of the Lord and dip fingers into the Holy Water so that ye will be purified in the eyes of the Holy Trinity. Maybe even wash your face with it if you really want to. Not saying you should, but the next time a religious person cares about what he/she SHOULD do will be the first, for most of them.

Oh, and the Megachurches!!! Just pray the virus away, banish it from this land. It works pretty well with homosexuality, right? Gather ye into the house of the Lord and join hands in a way that will combine your strength and beseech unto the Lord that the Holy be protected by his nonexistence. If you get sick, it just means you didn't pray hard enough.

Lay hands upon one another, touch one another upon the face, if you like, and imbue one another with the power of the Lord...not that any of you would know what the word imbue means...except maybe the church leaders. They're smart enough guys, they just play dumb guys on TV. You have to be pretty smart AND pretty ruthless to take the suckers for that kind of money.

Just like how Trump got elected, he used the word, "Bible," in a sentence once. Idiots.

But, it's okay, because even if you die of COVID-19 you'll go to Heaven, right? Right!? Well, I certainly hope you're right and that congregating with your fellow idiots in God's House was worth it. Maybe you can all break bread together while you're at it.

Or, you could just be intelligent and listen to what SHOULD BE optional recommendations, but you won't do that. Social distancing and taking precautions might save you, Jesus Christ, on the other hand, will definitely not.

It's okay. While it's not quite Hell, slow suffocation should be punishment enough.

Agree with the above regarding religion

And, they're talking about a potential second wave come Autumn. Are we going to lockdown again?

If hospitals over run and people are dying due to lack of hospital beds.
Then yes
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"