No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

May 20th, 2020 at 6:47:30 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: petroglyph

I've always known petroglyph and Shrek were one person..... (Just kidding!)

Ed.... I use the quotation marks not to imply you said it at all. I use them to separate a phrase. Or emphasis sometimes.
May 20th, 2020 at 6:59:09 PM permalink
SOOPOO
I guess many here forget that many of the responses are local, not federal. Each Governor had to decide on what level of 'lockdown' they would enact. The by far worst hit state, NY, is of course run by King Cuomo. He refused to allow only truly essential employees on buses and subways. He forced NURSING HOMES to accept barely recovered COVID-19 patients. I can't go an entire post without mentioning that his dry cleaner was declared essential. Did you all want Trump to declare Cuomo grossly incompetent and take over Cuomo's responsibilities? How would that have been looked at by our liberal media?

Is Trump childish? Yes!
Does Trump make mistakes? Yes!

Might a different chief executive have made different decisions that could have saved more lives? Certainly possible.

Anyone who says that with certainty is just blowing smoke.
May 20th, 2020 at 7:39:17 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Before and after photo's of Covid patient. https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/davidmack/man-shares-photo-before-after-covid-19

Scroll down.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 20th, 2020 at 7:45:18 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO

Is Trump childish? Yes!
Does Trump make mistakes? Yes!

If you were his boss would you really not fire him? How many times would you listen to your employee say all kinds of contradictory things.

This guy is given such a pass it is truly embarrassing.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 21st, 2020 at 3:43:13 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
If you were his boss would you really not fire him? How many times would you listen to your employee say all kinds of contradictory things.

But Trump IS the boss. He is the boss because he gets results. He gets no more of a pass than anyone before him. He gets far less of one in fact when you consider anything he does gets called out by the liberal media no matter how innocent it is.

Employees "get a pass" when they are getting results. Trump has gotten results. He got unemployment to a 50 year low. He has handled the china virus in an impressive manner, not much more could have realistically been done. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. Now you can expect him to keep pushing to reopen and get to the most important thing at this moment, namely getting the economy booming again.

Results are what matters. If you want someone who says things like a normal pol, move to NYC and you will have both a mayor and governor acting the way you like. I suspect you may not like the results though.
The President is a fink.
May 21st, 2020 at 8:41:16 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Love this story
Costco has a mask policy
This is a free country and businesses have the freedom to make rules to keep employees and customers safe
Some maskless clown tried to shame Costco by a live video feed
Costco Manager “Hi everyone. I work for Costco and I’m asking this member to put on a mask because that is our company policy,”
Maskless clown “And I’m not doing it, because I woke up in a free country,”
Costco takes the cart away.
ROTFL

WTF. This clown is stupid. Where does he get the idea that his freedoms extend onto private property. Say I invite him into my house. I set the rules for my private house. Wear a mask. The clown has no right to come into my house without a mask. Those rights also extend to Costco. My house, my rules.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/costco-shopper-ignore-mask-throw-out-viral-video
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 21st, 2020 at 8:41:43 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: rxwine

I'll tell you a true story. 20 years or so ago we had an employee that would call in sick pretty reliably 8 Mondays a year. She would go to a tailgate at Bills home games and would get shitfaced and call in the next day. Some wanted to fire her. It was at a time when it was extremely difficult to find and keep someone in her position. So we had to decide whether she was better than the alternative, which was no one. She wasn't fired.

Sadly, the alternative to Trump is now the way to far left leaning Democrat party. If I could 'fire him' and appoint a Rubio/Jeb Bush/Nikki Haley type Republican I would. But unfortunately that's not how the system works.
May 21st, 2020 at 9:28:50 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
"Up to 10,000 NHS workers will be be given the same drug being taken by Donald Trump in the first major UK trial of hydroxychloroquine to prevent coronavirus."
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/20/donald-trump-drug-tested-nhs-staff-hopes-preventing-coronavirus/

MAGA!!
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 21st, 2020 at 10:30:27 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: SOOPOO
I'll tell you a true story. 20 years or so ago we had an employee that would call in sick pretty reliably 8 Mondays a year. She would go to a tailgate at Bills home games and would get shitfaced and call in the next day. Some wanted to fire her. It was at a time when it was extremely difficult to find and keep someone in her position. So we had to decide whether she was better than the alternative, which was no one. She wasn't fired.

Sadly, the alternative to Trump is now the way to far left leaning Democrat party. If I could 'fire him' and appoint a Rubio/Jeb Bush/Nikki Haley type Republican I would. But unfortunately that's not how the system works.

I like Nikki Haley if only for the fact she knew how to keep her distance from Trump (as much as the job allowed) and got out while she still had a reputation not completely associated with him. I don't know enough about her various positions otherwise.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 21st, 2020 at 10:43:06 AM permalink
rxwine
Haley wasn't a fluffer like the men and women trump likes working for him. Anyone who won't stroke his ego daily is potentially in trouble sooner or later.

And if you know what fluffer is, you got the right idea.