1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

May 20th, 2020 at 6:18:50 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
Kenarman keeps pointing to the travel ban
It didn't do dick

That's the ONLY thing the Trumpsters ever point to. RonC does the same.

Ask them for anything else good Donny did in the early days of the crisis and you get *crickets* because they've got nothing. He golfed and held rallies.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 20th, 2020 at 6:30:10 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: RonC

The broad brush of "more Americans are dead because of..." is a good talking point, but only because no one really knows what might have happened.

Its really simple and easy
You compare other countries response to the virus to our govts response
Every country responded differently
Many countries got serious early and actually beat the virus
Our country did not get serious early and we now lead the planet in deaths

I have a cousin in Taiwan. That country took it very seriously , I get updates from Taiwan all the time. My cousin, who used to live in the US and lives in Taiwan feels so sorry for our country. She is shocked by the deaths in the US and the number keeps getting higher.

Other countries will eradicate this virus from their land. The USA will deal with virus deaths for years because a large segment of the population still view this virus as a hoax and refuse to social distance and wear masks.
You would think conservatives would want to socially distance and wear masks to help Trump by slowing the spread. Nope. Death numbers in this country will go on into November
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 20th, 2020 at 6:36:45 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: RonC
The broad brush of "more Americans are dead because of..." is a good talking point, but only because no one really knows what might have happened.

lol, bad timing.

Literally just came across this story:

Quote:
CDC documents show that WH ignored warnings about European travelers. Current official: “If we would have acted earlier on what we knew and recommended, we would have saved lives and money”

'We've been muzzled': CDC sources say White House putting politics ahead of science

Like I said, there is NO ARGUMENT. More Americans are dead because Donny is president than there would be if someone competent was POTUS. Next.
May 20th, 2020 at 7:08:26 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
lol, bad timing.

Literally just came across this story:

Quote:
CDC documents show that WH ignored warnings about European travelers. Current official: “If we would have acted earlier on what we knew and recommended, we would have saved lives and money”

'We've been muzzled': CDC sources say White House putting politics ahead of science

Like I said, there is NO ARGUMENT. More Americans are dead because Donny is president than there would be if someone competent was POTUS. Next.

So officials in the agency that dropped the ball on the virus are now trying to shift the blame onto someone else. In their case they have a built-in scapegoat being set up by the MSM. This news is about people trying to justify their response. Typical work place shift the blame I did my job perfect response.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 20th, 2020 at 7:22:33 AM permalink
kenarman
Quote: terapined
You would think conservatives would want to socially distance and wear masks to help Trump by slowing the spread. Nope. Death numbers in this country will go on into November

Death numbers will go on in the US and the rest of the world until November 2100. The virus is now spread around the world and will continue to mutate and kill people for the foreseeable future just like the common flu. It is unlikely we can eradicate it like we did smallpox even if get an effective vaccine, too many antivaccers now. During the 20th century smallpox killed an estimated 300-500 million people, the world survived and we didn't have universal lockdowns.
May 20th, 2020 at 9:01:52 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Am I the only one getting the impression some on this board are giddy about the death numbers just so they can blame Trump for something no matter that it is not hos fault? I haven't seen anything like it since the Iraq war when they reported death numbers and libs were holding back their elation as they blamed Bush.
The President is a fink.
May 20th, 2020 at 9:12:35 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: AZDuffman
Am I the only one getting the impression some on this board are giddy about the death numbers

Of course some members are giddy about the death tolls, it’s obvious!

Quote: Shrek
Can we send that virus to San Francisco, New York, LA, and every other libbie infested city? 😂😂
May 20th, 2020 at 11:39:55 AM permalink
kewlj
Threads: 3
So I just received results from my second antibody test and I tested positive, meaning I have antibodies (a lot actually) that hopefully will provide some immunity going forward for at least some period of time. My first test (negative)was done too soon after I recovered and there hadn't been enough time for antibodies to form or register or something.

Now there is some concern that people who have had this virus and recovered might not have the immunity that you get with most viruses. There were reports our of South Korea as well as sailors on the USS Theodore Roosevelt of people that tested positive, got sick, recovered and then contracted the virus a second time, and tested positive.

There have been a couple positive developments on this front. The group in South Korea that tested positive a second time, are NOT able to transmit the virus to anyone. They likely are still carrying fragments of the dead virus causing them to test positive (a second time) but really don't actively have the virus and are not contagious.

Similarly a study involving monkeys released yesterday confirms this same thing. The monkeys were initially infected, recovered, tested positive for antibodies and then tested positive for the virus a second time. But similarly when they tested positive the second time, they were not contagious and able to spread the virus.

This is really good news, for me personally, as naturally, having gone through the illness of this virus, I would like to at least now have some immunity. It is also good news for everyone as if people were able to be re-infected a second and third time, this idea of herd immunity would be out the window and meaningless. So these developments in the last couple days are real good news for everyone.
May 20th, 2020 at 2:07:48 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: kenarman
Death numbers will go on in the US and the rest of the world until November 2100. The virus is now spread around the world and will continue to mutate and kill people for the foreseeable future just like the common flu. It is unlikely we can eradicate it like we did smallpox even if get an effective vaccine, too many antivaccers now. During the 20th century smallpox killed an estimated 300-500 million people, the world survived and we didn't have universal lockdowns.

Wow. I would've expected our "stable genius" of a leader who has a "very very very very large brain" could've figured this out and NOT shut down the economy when lives being lost are inevitable anyway for the next...80 years. But alas, that's not what happened. If some random dude from Canada has the foresight to see the future, how come our stable genius with the large brain couldn't?

Instead, we got the worst of both worlds. People died that didn't have to AND we're getting Great Depression levels of unemployment.

Next time we have a chance at electing a con man turned reality TV show host as president, we take a pass, mkay?

#thanksMAGAts
May 20th, 2020 at 3:40:31 PM permalink
kenarman
Quote: Tripdufan
Wow. I would've expected our "stable genius" of a leader who has a "very very very very large brain" could've figured this out and NOT shut down the economy when lives being lost are inevitable anyway for the next...80 years. But alas, that's not what happened. If some random dude from Canada has the foresight to see the future, how come our stable genius with the large brain couldn't?

Instead, we got the worst of both worlds. People died that didn't have to AND we're getting Great Depression levels of unemployment.

Next time we have a chance at electing a con man turned reality TV show host as president, we take a pass, mkay?

#thanksMAGAts

Maybe because Canadians don't have to run every thought through the 'I hate Trump' how should I respond filter. We can actually look at things rationally and decide what is best response. You should try it sometime it can be quite enlightening.