No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 30th, 2020 at 7:17:31 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
The wife of the retired mechanical engineer who died after drinking fish tank cleaner, is now under investigation for his murder.

She was previously charged with domestic violence against him.

“Media reports initially characterized the couple as having foolishly followed President Donald Trump's touting of hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for the coronavirus, but Goodman's investigation found the deceased Lenius was considered too levelheaded and intelligent by his friends to take such a risk.”
April 30th, 2020 at 7:20:10 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Tanko
The wife of the retired mechanical engineer who died after drinking fish tank cleaner, is now under investigation for his murder.

She was previously charged with domestic violence against him.

“Media reports initially characterized the couple as having foolishly followed President Donald Trump's touting of hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for the coronavirus, but Goodman's investigation found the deceased Lenius was considered too levelheaded and intelligent by his friends to take such a risk.”

So the cunning wife just used Donny's imbecilic Rx suggestions as a cover for his murder.

Shame she couldn't have waited an extra month or so for Donny's disinfectant press conference. Would have been easier to just poison him with bleach!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 30th, 2020 at 8:47:12 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Is Pence the dumbest person on the planet
He visits the Mayo Clinic
Everybody has a face mask on, EVERYBODY except Pence.

His excuse via his wife, "It was actually after he left Mayo Clinic that he found out they had a policy of asking everyone to wear a mask,"

Is Pence blind????????
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 30th, 2020 at 10:23:00 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Saw a report where some people decided to stay on unemployment because they were making more than their job? Is that possible? Maybe with the stimulus?

Anyway, right after that, they interviewed an employer who said when he was ready to bring old employees back, and they didn't return, their old job would go to someone else.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 30th, 2020 at 10:31:53 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: rxwine
Saw a report where some people decided to stay on unemployment because they were making more than their job? Is that possible? .

I am making more being on unemployment
But it's only short term making more
I get called back to work, I will be happy and go back. Make less in the short term going back to work but make way more in the long term. Way way more. Jobs last years, maybe a life time, unemployment benefits eventually run out after several months depending on your state
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 30th, 2020 at 10:44:58 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Saw a report where some people decided to stay on unemployment because they were making more than their job? Is that possible? Maybe with the stimulus?

Anyway, right after that, they interviewed an employer who said when he was ready to bring old employees back, and they didn't return, their old job would go to someone else.

Yes it is possible. Years before the China Virus was heard of some union shops had to offer people to be laid off because unemployment plus SUB let them earn what they did at work.

That is what will happen with UBI. People will decide it is better to be a lump than to work.

I brought up people not returning on the other site. It is an old problem. 10-20% at the least will not return at most places.
The President is a fink.
April 30th, 2020 at 11:33:16 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
Yes it is possible. Years before the China Virus was heard of some union shops had to offer people to be laid off because unemployment plus SUB let them earn what they did at work.
Seems like there is more to this story, than just evil unions.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 30th, 2020 at 11:47:59 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
I am making more being on unemployment
But it's only short term making more
I get called back to work, I will be happy and go back. Make less in the short term going back to work but make way more in the long term. Way way more. Jobs last years, maybe a life time, unemployment benefits eventually run out after several months depending on your state

Ed, you have a career, not a job. You have developed skills that are unique to your business. Knowledge of ins and outs of business travel. But if fired, I doubt you would be able to get as good a job in the same industry. So you have an incentive to return to your same job.
Stepdaughter works in a bakery doing the LWOTP jobs. She is making maybe triple being unemployed compared to being employed. She will stay out as long as the government will pay her. If her present job fires her because they think she should have come back earlier, she will eventually just get another part time low level job somewhere else.
ALL the Wegman's, TOPS, Walmart's have help wanted signs prominently displayed. You think the girls BF who was making around $600 a week at Panera, now making around $900 being unemployed is looking for a job? I think not.....
April 30th, 2020 at 12:23:31 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: SOOPOO
Ed, you have a career, not a job. You have developed skills that are unique to your business. Knowledge of ins and outs of business travel. But if fired, I doubt you would be able to get as good a job in the same industry. So you have an incentive to return to your same job.
Stepdaughter works in a bakery doing the LWOTP jobs. She is making maybe triple being unemployed compared to being employed. She will stay out as long as the government will pay her. If her present job fires her because they think she should have come back earlier, she will eventually just get another part time low level job somewhere else.
ALL the Wegman's, TOPS, Walmart's have help wanted signs prominently displayed. You think the girls BF who was making around $600 a week at Panera, now making around $900 being unemployed is looking for a job? I think not.....

Generally you are required to take any available job after a certain amount of time on unemployment, even if it’s a downgrade. Thought I’d imagine those policies have been temporarily suspended.
April 30th, 2020 at 12:24:58 PM permalink
terapined
Pence finally gets it
Wore a mask in public today
Kudos to Pence