No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 14th, 2020 at 6:44:03 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Do you want to shut the world down next year when Corona 20 breaks out? How about in 21?

Will we do this every flu season from now on, send everyone home and mail them checks?

Not a bad life once you get used to it.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 14th, 2020 at 7:09:31 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: reno
Quote: Shrek
And I was actually wrong. I understated the number of dead by 100,000.
It's not 1.25 million people dead. It's 1.35 million!!

But of course, libbies aren't giving up their cars any time soon. They're totally cool with 1.35 million dead people from car accidents. But when 125,000 people die from coronavirus....................OMG LET'S SHUT DOWN THE COUNTRY!! NO, LET'S SHUT DOWN THE WORLD!!! 🙄

I was talking about deaths within the United States.

Don't move the goalposts now. You weren't "talking about deaths within the United States".

You specifically asked me:
Quote: reno
1.25 million people die annually in car accidents? Where did you get that crazy number?

Then I gave you a clear answer and explained that I got that "crazy number" from the World Health Organization.

Now you're trying to move the goalposts because you don't want to explain why you're totally cool with 1.35 million people dying from car wrecks and why you don't want to give up your car to save lives. Not surprised at your libbie behavior though. 🙄
April 14th, 2020 at 7:13:13 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: petroglyph
Do you want to shut the world down next year when Corona 20 breaks out? How about in 21?

Will we do this every flu season from now on, send everyone home and mail them checks?

Not a bad life once you get used to it.
+1,000

Exactly!!

However we all know that libbies are the most inconsistent people around. They always make up the rules as they go along.

I'll start taking libbies seriously when they give up their cars to save people's lives from car wrecks, but we all know that ain't gonna happen anytime soon since libbies are totally illogical. 🙄
April 15th, 2020 at 7:48:24 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Looks like Hydroxychloroquine is a bust
How many Trump supporters will admit Trump was wrong on Hydroxychloroquine

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/hyped-malaria-pill-doesnt-help-clear-coronavirus-in-study/ar-BB12EEbv?ocid=spartandhp

It really amazes me how some Trump supporters will take his word over science
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 15th, 2020 at 8:00:54 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/hyped-malaria-pill-doesnt-help-clear-coronavirus-in-study/ar-BB12EEbv?ocid=spartandhp

So it is Trumps problem if he takes the advice of his advisors and also his problem if he doesn't. It might be possible to be always right in that situation but I think you might need to be Father G's God.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 15th, 2020 at 8:02:03 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4

Looks like you put up the wrong Chinese link.
April 15th, 2020 at 9:00:33 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Didn't take long.

FBI is warning employers of fake doctor's notes.
April 15th, 2020 at 9:15:36 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
So it is Trumps problem if he takes the advice of his advisors and also his problem if he doesn't. It might be possible to be always right in that situation but I think you might need to be Father G's God.

When it come to a pandemic it is Trumps problem if he takes the advice of his POLITICAL advisors over the advice of his SCIENTIFIC advisors
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 15th, 2020 at 9:36:53 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
When it come to a pandemic it is Trumps problem if he takes the advice of his POLITICAL advisors over the advice of his SCIENTIFIC advisors

Ed, there are an abundance of doctors who believe still, that it helps. (Not me). There wouldn't have been all the anecdotes and reports of success, resulting in the clinical trials without them. Being hopeful that chloroquin would be helpful at the time was a very reasonable position taken by Trump.
April 15th, 2020 at 9:45:07 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0

Now we know why they use it.

"The drug did help alleviate some clinical symptoms of Covid-19, however, and the patients who took it showed a greater drop in C-reactive protein, a measure of inflammation."

It doesn’t clear virus, but it does reduce inflammatory cytokine production. That could make the difference to keep a patient off a ventilator, and prevent those deadly cytokine storms.

Maybe that's why fewer patients are ending up on ventilators. Turns out, NY didn't need 30,000 ventilators after all. So far they've only needed 5,000.

Hydroxychloroquine decreases Th17-related cytokines