Rush Limbaugh Has Lung Cancer

February 6th, 2020 at 9:29:31 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO
Do you understand the fascination with not dying sooner? Wife's uncle is dying of emphysema. Presumably caused by a lifetime of smoking. Even with the oxygen on he struggles to breath. Just getting up and going to the bathroom is a chore for him. It's been that way for a few years, getting worse each day. It's not like if you die a cigarette related death it's just, wham, three years less..... They tend to be more miserable deaths.

I guess i can only relate to how I think I would handle it. To me it is just another cost benefit analysis. When the costs out weigh the benefits of living, I plan to stop living.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 6th, 2020 at 9:33:47 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Evenbob
It's called having something to live
for, which you are obviously lacking.

You may be right. Right now my only real reason to keep living is to support my wife. My kids are grown and successfully out on their own, I don't think they need me anymore. My 3 year old granddaughter has her mother and father so I don't really think she needs me.

Bob, what do you consider as your "something to live for"?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 6th, 2020 at 10:01:34 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Tanko
Google "SNUS Oral Cancer". Then click 'Images'.

Can you show one case that was caused by snus? (not snuff).
I have seen all of the scary pictures, I have not seen one of a snus user (most are smokers or dippers/chewers).

From Swedish Match (2nd google result):

"The use of snus was previously often associated with an increased risk of oral cancer. This view was based on results from epidemiologic studies dealing mainly with smokeless tobacco products from other part of the world than Sweden and on the fact that such products contain compounds that may cause cancer. Much discussed are the tobacco specific nitrosamines (TSNA), which can cause cancer in animals. Swedish snus contains TSNA, although in lower concentrations than in many other smokeless tobacco products.

The incidence of oral cancer is relatively low in Sweden and the use of snus is a frequently occurring habit among men. Swedish scientists have therefore found it important to examine if there is an association between use of Swedish snus and cancer.

The scientific literature on the use of Swedish snus and its association with oral cancer comprises two recently published case-control studies. The association between snus use and oesophagus and gastric cancer has been examined in two case-control studies, and the mortality from cancer among snus users has been evaluated in a prospective cohort study.

Important research results on Swedish snus:

Use of Swedish snus is not a risk factor for oral cancer.No association has been established between use of Swedish snus and neck and oesophagus cancer. There is no association between snus use and gastric cancer. There is no significant increased risk for cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (CSCC) associated with the use of snus. Smokeless tobacco (snus and chewing tobacco) may be a risk factor for pancreatic cancer. However, in this study the use of smokeless tobacco was not associated with statistically significant increases in risk of cancers of the oral cavity/pharynx, esophagus, stomach, lung, kidney or bladder. The mortality from cancer is not increased among Swedish snus users."

From the top Goofle result from your search (and a less biased source) :

Healthline

"
Whether snus causes cancer is a complex question to sort out scientifically. Study results are bewilderingly diverse. Some studies find a specific cancer risk connected to snus use, and other studies find the opposite.

Sometimes there are differences in the population groups or the timespans studied.

Some research studies lump all smokeless tobacco products together. Others are limited to snus use in Swedish populations.

Sometimes, other factors like alcohol use or body weight aren’t included.

What’s not in dispute is the link between inhaling the smoke from nicotine products and disease.

"
February 6th, 2020 at 10:43:32 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DRich

Bob, what do you consider as your "something to live for"?

Probably schadenfreude
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 6th, 2020 at 10:45:14 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: Gandler
Can you show one case that was caused by snus? (not snuff).

Snus (nass) and oral cancer: A case series report

"The present study presented 4 cases of oral cancer occurring in the users of snus. Oral carcinoma in these patients had occurred at anatomic locations where this material is routinely placed"
February 6th, 2020 at 10:48:07 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Depends on your quality of life. I do not want to drag on and on like people I have seen.

Both my wife's parents are in their
90's. 10 years ago they had 100's
of thousands in assets and savings.
Toady they have zero because
assisted living sucked it dry. What
was once a nice inheritance is now
all gone to blood sucking 'care'
givers. My grandfather and great
grandfather both lived at their
daughters till they died in their
90's. Cost almost nothing.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 6th, 2020 at 11:02:06 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

I get that bad I want to be shot.
The President is a fink.
February 6th, 2020 at 11:06:02 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Tanko
Snus (nass) and oral cancer: A case series report

"The present study presented 4 cases of oral cancer occurring in the users of snus. Oral carcinoma in these patients had occurred at anatomic locations where this material is routinely placed"

I stand corrected, but you do realize that those cases are a tiny fraction (almost statistically insignificant) compared to oral cases from snuff and smoking?
February 6th, 2020 at 11:08:04 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

You have to be raking in some real retirement income to not be sucked dry by nursing home care.

"With the average annual costs of nursing home care being between $89,297 – $100,375"
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 6th, 2020 at 11:15:08 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
I get that bad I want to be shot.

Used to be people lived till
they died. The medical
profession now has it as
a huge money making
machine to keep people
alive as long as possible
till their penniless. Till all
quality of life has long ago
departed.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.