Rush Limbaugh Has Lung Cancer

February 5th, 2020 at 5:45:45 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: Gandler
I was very careful with my working I said "safer" , not "safe " no tobacco or nicotine product is 100% safe.

The FDA labelled snus as a reduced risk product, again unheard of, and after much research and testing, so it is not just me saying I think its safer because I like it (which I do)....

I like stimulants, caffeine, and nicotine. Nicotine is one of the most pleasurable feelings there is without intoxicating you. It allows you to work for hours on end without going crazy. I am not advocating people start who don't use tobacco. But, if you use tobacco switch to snus (The FDA agrees).

You should really try Nicotine gum. You get the same fix without the nastiness of oral tobacco, and zero cancer risk.
February 5th, 2020 at 5:46:46 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I apologize the new FDA term is "Modifed Risk" not " reduced risk"

https://www.fda.gov/tobacco-products/advertising-and-promotion/fda-authorizes-modified-risk-tobacco-products

'
What modified risk claims is Swedish Match USA, Inc. allowed to make? 

Swedish Match USA, Inc. requested and received FDA authorization to market eight types of General Snus products with the claim:

“Using General Snus instead of cigarettes puts you at a lower risk of mouth cancer, heart disease, lung cancer, stroke, emphysema, and chronic bronchitis.”

This modified risk claim does not apply to all snus products, only to the eight types of General Snus specifically authorized (see below). Swedish Match USA, Inc. may not include new modified risk information in their advertising or refer to statements made by others, including FDA, about the products in advertising without express authorization from FDA.

'

That is the brand I used to order online and advocate smokers switch to in college before you could buy it in gas station snus fridges. Luckily it is finally catching on. I predict with the ecig flavor bans, the snus market will continue to grow in the next 12 months.
February 5th, 2020 at 5:46:56 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: gamerfreak
I had a roommate in college who had a serious dipping habit and left his spit bottles laying around everywhere. Repulsive.

I was at a party, and the girl I was with mistakenly picked up the wrong beer bottle that someone had spit their tobacco in.

No telling how many people that has happened to around tobacco chewers though.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 5th, 2020 at 5:49:06 PM permalink
Gandler
You should really try Nicotine gum. You get the same fix without the nastiness of oral tobacco, and zero cancer risk.

What brand do you use? What site do you reccomend?

Also, I realize I ironically misspelled "wording" while explaining about being careful about wording lol oh well typo....
February 5th, 2020 at 6:00:04 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
What brand do you use? What site do you reccomend?

Also, I realize I ironically misspelled "wording" while explaining about being careful about wording lol oh well typo....

This is what I buy:
Basic Care Coated Nicotine Polacrilex Gum, 4 mg (nicotine), Ice Mint Flavor, Stop Smoking Aid, 160 Count https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0779BQ2HL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_5k3oEbREA3964

Make sure you don’t buy the uncoated variety, it has the texture and flavor of soggy cardboard.
February 5th, 2020 at 6:08:04 PM permalink
Gandler
This is what I buy:
Basic Care Coated Nicotine Polacrilex Gum, 4 mg (nicotine), Ice Mint Flavor, Stop Smoking Aid, 160 Count https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0779BQ2HL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_5k3oEbREA3964

Make sure you don’t buy the uncoated variety, it has the texture and flavor of soggy cardboard.

I may order some when I can get a delivery.

Have you tried other nicotine oral products such as nicotine pouches or losuengers?

I see ads for this a lot and stores are statying carry it:

https://nicokick.com/us/nicotine-pouches/zyn?product_list_dir=asc

It kind of like the feeling of a pouch in my lip, so I think I would prefer that to gum. (I have never been a huge gum person).
February 5th, 2020 at 8:28:53 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: DRich
I postulate that many smokers would choose to die earlier than not enjoy their vices. I know I would, I don't understand the fascination of living longer.

It's called having something to live
for, which you are obviously lacking.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 6th, 2020 at 4:06:18 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
It's called having something to live
for, which you are obviously lacking.

Depends on your quality of life. I do not want to drag on and on like people I have seen. I'd rather a piano fall on me and it end right there and then.

I tell people I have about 20 years left and they say I am fascinated with death or something. In reality I am just doing my own personal actuary work and making an informed guess. I have no desire to be that guy sitting around knowing about half of what is going on.

If I get diagnosed with something terminal I can imagine being a bit like Walter White in the pilot where his doc is all serious but sitting there and noticing the mustard on his smock. "I got what? How Long? OK, who do I pay on my way out?"

When your number is up it is up.
The President is a fink.
February 6th, 2020 at 4:33:16 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: DRich
I postulate that many smokers would choose to die earlier than not enjoy their vices. I know I would, I don't understand the fascination of living longer.

Do you understand the fascination with not dying sooner? Wife's uncle is dying of emphysema. Presumably caused by a lifetime of smoking. Even with the oxygen on he struggles to breath. Just getting up and going to the bathroom is a chore for him. It's been that way for a few years, getting worse each day. It's not like if you die a cigarette related death it's just, wham, three years less..... They tend to be more miserable deaths.

I agree with your first sentence. Cigarettes, diabetes, obesity, ..... all will lower life expectancy but no one knows for sure if you will have YOUR lifespan shortened. I had Ben and Jerry's last night. Probably lowered my life expectancy an hour or two. I knew the risk, and I fell victim to the craving for that vice.
February 6th, 2020 at 9:28:08 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
The FDA labelled snus as a reduced risk product, again unheard of, and after much research and testing, so it is not just me saying I think its safer because I like it (which I do)....

Google "SNUS Oral Cancer". Then click 'Images'.