What I Ate Today

November 23rd, 2021 at 4:23:14 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Sunny side up eggs on waffles with a spinach and mushroom omelette.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 23rd, 2021 at 11:32:59 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I was travelling the last 4 days.

We left Saturday morning at 5:20AM FROM Las Vegas, On Saturday I had some peanut M&M's in New Mexico. Sunday morning I had a Bear Claw in Amarillo TX.. Monday I had some Chick Filet chicken fingers in Tallahassee FL. Arrived Tuesday about noon at new home and had a Subway meatball sandwich.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 24th, 2021 at 5:48:30 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Post how the house is in the other thread you started!

Last night at Carrabba’s. All I ordered was the mussels in white wine and garlic appetizer. Of course I had half of wife’s dinner salad that comes with her chicken parmigiana. Plus they serve great bread to dip in the olive oil with tons of spices. Plus my usual espresso martini was perfect. I now always ask the server/bartender to make it with Bailey’s instead of Kahlua so it is not so sweet. I’ll be having chicken parmigiana for breakfast soon…
November 24th, 2021 at 2:16:49 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: SOOPOO
Post how the house is in the other thread you started!

Last night at Carrabba’s. All I ordered was the mussels in white wine and garlic appetizer. Of course I had half of wife’s dinner salad that comes with her chicken parmigiana. Plus they serve great bread to dip in the olive oil with tons of spices. Plus my usual espresso martini was perfect. I now always ask the server/bartender to make it with Bailey’s instead of Kahlua so it is not so sweet. I’ll be having chicken parmigiana for breakfast soon…

I have no idea of which thread you are speaking of. I drink a lot.

The house is yellow. That should sum up how I feel about it.
November 24th, 2021 at 11:56:35 PM permalink
Evenbob
My pre Thanksgiving feast dinner salad. Homemade croutons, homemade creamy blue cheese dressing, a combination of spring mix and baby spinach. Tomatoes mushrooms green pepper red onions.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 25th, 2021 at 7:58:03 AM permalink
DRich
I had the traditionally southern Thanksgiving breakfast. A waffle from Waffle House and some hash browns scattered and country.
November 25th, 2021 at 4:41:35 PM permalink
Evenbob
Took me 2 days of cooking to make mashed turnips with mushrooms, clams, and feta cheese. Homemade cream of mushroom soup for the green bean casserole. Oyster and mushroom stuffing. The gravy is so white because I cooked the turkey in the pressure cooker so the broth was clear. The broth taste the same but if you bake a turkey the broth is dark colored because it's it's in the bottom of the pan. This gravy was every bit as good as pan gravy. I used heavy cream to thicken it. I'm looking forward to leftovers for days. My cats are very happy because they know they're getting half the turkey probably.

November 25th, 2021 at 5:17:18 PM permalink
Evenbob
I almost forgot to include the avocado pudding. This was supposedly invented by one of the Kardashian sisters. Avocado, heavy cream, lime juice, and a sweetener. Blend until smooth and it is rich and decadent as hell.

November 26th, 2021 at 3:52:11 PM permalink
Evenbob
That's right it's a turkey and stuffing sandwich with lettuce tomato and onion. It's a real thing, I looked it up. Very popular after Thanksgiving.

November 26th, 2021 at 4:02:48 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Store bought or did you bag the bird yourself?

I ask because my brother usually shoots a wild turkey this time of year in his back yard (rural NH) but he grinds it into sausage because it is tough.