anymore, too much reporting
of fake news like it's real. Not
worth my time. Gretchen
WitLess is a sickening hack,
she will do anything to keep
her name in the news. The
Eastern part of the state elected
her, they can have her.

Remember when Chris Christie attacked Obama over his response to Hurricane Sandy? Oh, wait, he welcomed him and worked with him.

All of these liberals using this to attack Trump are showing how shallow and full of hate they really are. The hate is the most important thing to them. Gotta feed the hate. It is like being hooked on heroin. Without their hate they wither away because there is nothing else of them. Their lives revolve around Trump, he is their heroin. Like an addict they hate that they are on the drug but they have to keep taking it to feed their addiction. And like an addict they cannot see they are hooked despite everyone around them seeing it.
The President is a fink.
March 28th, 2020 at 11:53:15 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Yup - the eastern part of the state (where voters actually live) elected her. We love her.

Donny attacking her just shows what a good job she’s doing.

Even you cannot believe she is doing a good job FOR HER CONSTITUENTS! Let's agree that Trump can be a shallow, vindictive executive. So you as Governor of Michigan have two choices....
1. Look "strong" while calling out the POTUS, increasing your standing, as a politician with XX chromosomes, to be a VP candidate, or...
2. Work in whatever way gets your state the stuff it needs to save lives, even if it is in some way capitulating to Trump

Pretty clear what she was thinking....
March 28th, 2020 at 12:08:41 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
Even you cannot believe she is doing a good job FOR HER CONSTITUENTS! Let's agree that Trump can be a shallow, vindictive executive. So you as Governor of Michigan have two choices....
1. Look "strong" while calling out the POTUS, increasing your standing, as a politician with XX chromosomes, to be a VP candidate, or...
2. Work in whatever way gets your state the stuff it needs to save lives, even if it is in some way capitulating to Trump

Pretty clear what she was thinking....

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about here.

She definitely hasn’t been doing #1. She has been doing #2, just not capitulating to Donny.

Going through her Twitter, this is about as close to “calling out the POTUS” I can find since the crisis hit MI. If any righties think Donny is justified to be upset over this, they need to seek mental help.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 28th, 2020 at 12:18:07 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: AZDuffman
Here is a simple concept. If you are going to use the crisis to advance politics, you are last to be called.

You are a grown-up and get behind the cause, you get called.

Get over your Trump hate.

Here's a simple concept. Our nation's leader should act like a grown-up and be able to rise above perceived and petty insults.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 28th, 2020 at 12:24:48 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: Dalex64
Here's a simple concept. Our nation's leader should act like a grown-up and be able to rise above perceived and petty insults.

"should" is not a word I would want my Governor and other elected officials to act on. Since they KNOW he is not capable of not acting petty, build that into your plan! Work with what you have to work with FOR YOUR CONSTITUENTS! If all it took was me saying, "golly Mr. Pres, you are so smart and so handsome please send me some ventilators", then I'd say it!

Then, convince enough Michiganders that POTUS was a problem and elect Biden.
March 28th, 2020 at 12:30:23 PM permalink
ams288
Then, convince enough Michiganders that POTUS was a problem and elect Biden.

Don’t worry, MI won’t go for Donny this time (that’s the one prediction I feel confident in making this election).
March 28th, 2020 at 12:36:37 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: ams288
Don’t worry, MI won’t go for Donny this time (that’s the one prediction I feel confident in making this election).

It really is stunning that a state like Michigan with a huge slum population (Detroit) and huge union population went for Trump in 2016. It really speaks to just how unlikeable HRC was.
It is possible, sometime just before the election, Trump is able to funnel some new $billions to the auto industry and buy the state. No reason to do it now (politically) as no one will remember the details by November. Do it in October and it may work.
March 28th, 2020 at 12:52:23 PM permalink
ams288
It really speaks to just how unlikeable HRC was.

Yes, just look at how much Biden overperformed vs. Hillary’s numbers in the suburbs here and you can see why I’m confident about MI. Donny only won the state by ~11,000 votes.
March 28th, 2020 at 1:24:59 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Dalex64

He IS acting like a grown up. He is telling the children that this is serious business and knock off the politics and be serious.

Now, I know you want him to act like either of the Bushes and just "laugh it off" and give her what she wants. But he is acting like ab adult. Think back to when your parents or teachers told you that playtime is over and now time to be serious. That is what he is doing.
The President is a fink.
March 28th, 2020 at 2:13:32 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: AZDuffman
He IS acting like a grown up. He is telling the children that this is serious business and knock off the politics and be serious.

Could you point out what she has done that was playing “politics” wasn’t “serious” since the pandemic started in MI?

I won’t hold my breath waiting for a response...

It’s becoming clear that our righties consider “not praising Donny” enough to be “playing politics.”