Democratic Nominee in 2020

Poll
No votes (0%)
4 votes (18.18%)
2 votes (9.09%)
1 vote (4.54%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.54%)
1 vote (4.54%)
8 votes (36.36%)
2 votes (9.09%)
3 votes (13.63%)

22 members have voted

April 1st, 2020 at 2:38:02 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 963
Posts: 11255
Quote: DRich
Wow, I had no idea she was that old.


The four most senior members of the House (measured by time served and not by age) are Republicans
1 Don Young R Alaska at-large March 6, 1973 (age 86)
2 Jim Sensenbrenner R Wisconsin 5 January 3, 1979 (age 76)
3 Hal Rogers R Kentucky 5 January 3, 1981 (age 82)
4 Chris Smith R New Jersey 4 January 3, 1981 (age 67)

But 76% of the 50 most senior members of the House are Democrats.

Nancy Pelosi is one of the 10 remaining congressmen who first entered the House during the Reagan presidency (January 20, 1981 – January 20, 1989). Maxine Waters (age 81) is the only other female congressman who entered the House in the years before Bill Clinton became POTUS.
April 1st, 2020 at 5:21:14 AM permalink
RonC
Member since: Nov 7, 2012
Threads: 6
Posts: 1195
Quote: rxwine


I would not be surprised if Biden continues to widen the lead moving through the crisis. It makes perfect sense and is not really much "news" to all of us paying attention to what is going on. Trump is on the front lines with all the good and bad that goes with how he handles things. He's missed plenty of opportunities and will take the brunt of the blame for the spread of a virus which many people underestimated and downplayed...rightly so, he is the President. Near perfection is the stick by which people in that position are measured.

Biden is winning by doing...nothing. Maybe a lightly watched internet thingy here and there, but no real campaign. He is presented in the very best light possible because, barring a huge blunder, he doesn't have to do anything at all. His opponent is in complete control of how the race goes for now. No memory lapses, no lack of energy, etc. visible to the voters. He looks great right now...and polls will show that.

When/If we turn the corner on this thing, it may be different. It will be a while before we see that part of it.
China Lied...How Many There Really Died?
April 1st, 2020 at 8:32:05 AM permalink
aceofspades
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 78
Posts: 1728
April 1st, 2020 at 8:33:06 AM permalink
ams288
Member since: Apr 21, 2016
Threads: 17
Posts: 5539
Quote: aceofspades


Saw close up pics of his nipples on twitter yesterday.

Highly disturbing content.
Righties in 2020: “It’s okay if grandma dies, but NOT the buildings she shops in!!!”
April 1st, 2020 at 8:45:28 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Member since: Feb 19, 2014
Threads: 12
Posts: 1900
So it seems like there is a credible allegation of sexual assault against Joe Biden. Not just the creepy Joe Biden stuff, but a woman claiming he actually assaulted her. By 'credible', I mean there is no way to prove she is making it up. That it is reasonable to believe her. (Not that I do) Does anyone think that the Democrats will take this seriously? I think they would have if they were big news BEFORE he became the presumptive nominee. Now, unfortunately, if he backs out that makes Sanders the frontrunner, and there is NO WAY the Democrat establishment wants that.

My son, the anti-Trumper, has said Biden campaign bigwigs had lots of anti-Kavanaugh tweets like "you have to believe her", and that they now have all been taken off twitter.

He said "Biden is the better of the two senile rapists we get to choose from!"

Whatever you think, history will make fun of these two candidates and try and figure out how we got to this point!
April 1st, 2020 at 10:44:35 AM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 136
Posts: 20877
Just saw Biden make a meandering
nonsensical statement from his
basement bunker. He wandered
off at the end and appeared to
fall asleep, chin on his chest.

He's ahead in the polls to beat
Trump, just like Hillary was all
of 2016. Perfect..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 1st, 2020 at 10:56:39 AM permalink
ams288
Member since: Apr 21, 2016
Threads: 17
Posts: 5539
Quote: Evenbob
Just saw Biden make a meandering
nonsensical statement from his
basement bunker. He meandered
off at the end and appeared to
fall asleep, chin on his chest.


I think you’re the only one watching.

The rest of us have more pressing issues to deal with these days.
Righties in 2020: “It’s okay if grandma dies, but NOT the buildings she shops in!!!”
April 1st, 2020 at 12:27:27 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 963
Posts: 11255
MILWAUKEE — The total positive cases of coronavirus in Wisconsin rose to 1,550 on Wednesday, April 1, officials with the Wisconsin Department of Health Services reported. There have been a total of 30 deaths — and more than 18,000 negative tests (18,819).

Wisconsin intends to go ahead with their primary next Tuesday (3 weeks after Biden's sweep of Arizona, Florida, and Illinois)

A majority of Wisconsin voter do not think the Democratic National Convention set to take place in Milwaukee in July should be held as an in-person event, according to a new Marquette University poll released Wednesday. Sixty-two percent of the state’s voters think the convention, scheduled for July 13-16, should not be held as currently planned, while 22 percent believe it should go on with people in attendance.

Biden needs over 700 delegates to secure the nomination, and there are 593 delegates up for grabs in the 12 contests scheduled before 2 June. So short of a suspension of the campaign of Bernie Saunders there will be no resolution before 2 June.
April 1st, 2020 at 4:24:56 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Member since: Feb 19, 2014
Threads: 12
Posts: 1900
Quote: Pacomartin
MILWAUKEE — The total positive cases of coronavirus in Wisconsin rose to 1,550 on Wednesday, April 1, officials with the Wisconsin Department of Health Services reported. There have been a total of 30 deaths — and more than 18,000 negative tests (18,819).

Wisconsin intends to go ahead with their primary next Tuesday (3 weeks after Biden's sweep of Arizona, Florida, and Illinois)

A majority of Wisconsin voter do not think the Democratic National Convention set to take place in Milwaukee in July should be held as an in-person event, according to a new Marquette University poll released Wednesday. Sixty-two percent of the state’s voters think the convention, scheduled for July 13-16, should not be held as currently planned, while 22 percent believe it should go on with people in attendance.

Biden needs over 700 delegates to secure the nomination, and there are 593 delegates up for grabs in the 12 contests scheduled before 2 June. So short of a suspension of the campaign of Bernie Saunders there will be no resolution before 2 June.


I didn't think I could detest Bernie Sanders more than I already did, but I was wrong. The only possible reason he should push forward is to be the nominee if Biden dies during this primary process. He must be thinking that if Biden dies before Sanders has pulled out he would claim the victory even though it of course doesn't work that way.

How about this.... "I have so much work to do as a Senator during this mismanaged by Trump pandemic, I am suspending my campaign and wholeheartedly endorsing Joe Biden to succeed president Orange Man.".

Instead of this... "I don't give a frick if my staying in the race detracts from Biden. I actually don't care what happens. As long as I get to continue to be in the news...." Not sure which of my 3 houses I'll be in but you all know how to find me.....
April 1st, 2020 at 4:47:55 PM permalink
Gandler
Member since: Aug 15, 2019
Threads: 13
Posts: 1143
Quote: SOOPOO
I didn't think I could detest Bernie Sanders more than I already did, but I was wrong. The only possible reason he should push forward is to be the nominee if Biden dies during this primary process. He must be thinking that if Biden dies before Sanders has pulled out he would claim the victory even though it of course doesn't work that way.

How about this.... "I have so much work to do as a Senator during this mismanaged by Trump pandemic, I am suspending my campaign and wholeheartedly endorsing Joe Biden to succeed president Orange Man.".

Instead of this... "I don't give a frick if my staying in the race detracts from Biden. I actually don't care what happens. As long as I get to continue to be in the news...." Not sure which of my 3 houses I'll be in but you all know how to find me.....



I am no fan of Sanders.

But, he has a right to stay in the campaign. If anything the burden should be on the States to delay the voting or find a safe way to do it (staggered admission throughout a longer day, mandatory online or mail in voting etc....)

Though he is not a true party member, so he may be trying to cause drama. He probably is, but it is his right.