The Trump Impeachment Thread

November 7th, 2019 at 2:33:48 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
That's what you people do, is ignore the rest of the segment and que in on one thing you can needle to death.

Thanks Petro
You just described zerohedge
They que in on one tiny part, false blackface, and needle it do death with BS calling false blackface, blackface and ignore everything else including Whoopies comment on blackface because it destroys their headline
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 7th, 2019 at 6:11:53 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: rxwine
The lawsuit filed by the state's attorney general accused President Trump -- along with his children, Donald Jr., Eric and Ivanka -- of conflating charity with politics, repeatedly using charitable donations for personal, political and business gains, including legal settlements, campaign contributions and even to purchase a portrait of Trump to hang at one of his hotels..

Usually Donald tweets immediately about how unfair a judge or the media or his enemies are.... but Donald has been 100% quiet on this charity fraud. No tweets. He absolutely does not want to talk about his fraud charity.

The charity was founded in 1987. He says he's worth $10 billion, but Trump made no personal contributions to his own charity from 2009 to 2015.

Are there any Trump supporters who have some educated, informed thoughts on this charity?
November 7th, 2019 at 6:16:59 PM permalink
reno
Quote: reno
Are there any Trump supporters who have some educated, informed thoughts on this charity?

The children's cancer fraud is especially horrifying, even by Trump standards.
November 7th, 2019 at 7:24:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Roger Stone apparently sent a text message to a court witness "Prepare to die."

Now, I don't really believe he was going to kill someone. But if I were someone who wasn't getting along with Stone, I see no reason to act magnanimously when someone like that sticks their neck foolishly over a chopping block, expecting me to ignore it. I'm going to press charges, and he can deal with that.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 7th, 2019 at 7:45:34 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Defrauding children's cancer charity probably puts one just barely above pedophile in prison. I imagine a good many prisoners would beat the s*** out of someone like that behind bars.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 8th, 2019 at 7:53:17 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Usually Donald tweets immediately about how unfair a judge or the media or his enemies are.... but Donald has been 100% quiet on this charity fraud. No tweets. He absolutely does not want to talk about his fraud charity.

The charity was founded in 1987. He says he's worth $10 billion, but Trump made no personal contributions to his own charity from 2009 to 2015.

Not a Trump supporter, but the fact that he didn't contribute to his own charity is not relevant. If he gave a few hundred million to other real charities that are bona fide then that would be fine. (Doubtful he did that of course). I think there are many charities that are fraudulent set up by many millionaires/billionaires. Probably different levels of 'fraud'. Local guy rounded up the big Jewish donors here in Buffalo, for a hospital in Israel. Some money went to the hospital, but some went to the local guy's first class round trip tickets there as well. Isn't the Clinton's charity widely scorned for being a faux charity?

I'll let someone else figure out if the charity scam was criminal. Seems like no one has indicted anyone.....
November 8th, 2019 at 9:05:02 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
Isn't the Clinton's charity widely scorned for being a faux charity?

Only by partisan righties looking to make false equivalences.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 8th, 2019 at 9:25:58 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0

The Clinton Foundation continuously received A+ ratings from charity watchdog organizations. It's laughable to even think about drawing a comparison.
November 8th, 2019 at 9:26:45 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0

Who cares about kids with cancer? It's all about the judges.
November 8th, 2019 at 9:43:15 AM permalink
reno

To this day, I still think Bill Clinton raped Juanita Broaddrick in 1978, so to describe me as a Clinton apologist would be a bit of a stretch.

And yet I'm skeptical that there are illegal shenanigans going on with their charity, The Clinton Foundation. And the reason I'm skeptical is because Bill Barr has 107,000 employees working for him at the Justice Department, including 34,000 at the FBI. It's inconceivable that Bill Barr (or Jeff Sessions) wouldn't prosecute the Clinton Foundation in a nanosecond if they were engaged in fraud.

Trump loves to rail against the Clintons' illegal crimes, and yet Trump can't hire an Attorney General competent enough to indict the Clintons? Trump is all bluff. Show your cards or shut up.