The Trump Impeachment Thread

Page 4 of 231<1234567>Last »
May 26th, 2017 at 2:44:58 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
RonC is back. Can stop checking the milk cartons for his picture.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 26th, 2017 at 4:00:12 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Evenbob
Ever read Andrew Johnson's story? He was a
a Democrat who hated the idea of rebuilding
the South after the war. He stood against
all congress tried to do. He was finally accused
of some crime and even then they didn't get
rid of him. He was impeached by the House
but not convicted in the senate. He stayed
in office and ran for a 2nd term. They throw
impeachment around like it's a hum drum
deal, happens all the time. Sorry, it doesn't.

I agree. Impeachment is tossed around like it happens all the time...

Hillary forgot in her recent commencement speech that Nixon was not impeached; he resigned before that happened. Only two Presidents have been impeached. She shares cigars with one of them. Neither was convicted.

Anyway, I stand by. what I said...unless they are truly bogus charges...real criminal acts? Impeach, prosecute, whatever...
May 26th, 2017 at 5:35:00 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: RonC
Anyway, I stand by. what I said...unless they are truly bogus charges...real criminal acts? Impeach, prosecute, whatever...

Johnson was a Democrat facing a Repub house.
Nixon was facing a Dem house. Clinton was
impeached by a Repub house. Never in history
has a House with it's own man in office been
stupid enough to even talk about it, let alone
do it. When Johnson faced the Senate, it was
Repub senators that saved him, not his own
party. They didn't think the crimes he was accused
of were real crimes and they let him stay in
office. People don't realize the Senate part
is a criminal trial, and the case must be proven
that you're a criminal. This doesn't include the
press screaming that you don't deserve to
be in office, CNN doesn't get to testify.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 26th, 2017 at 6:03:40 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
It seems like the righties here are WAY more obsessed with impeachment than the lefties.

I don't think he's gonna get impeached. I don't WANT him to get impeached. If we've learned anything from his first 120ish days, it's that he's incompetent and can't get much accomplished without shooting himself in the foot. President Mike Pence would be much more focused on the important things.

But I do want all these Russia stories to keep coming out week after week because they take the White House's focus away from, you know, actually accomplishing stuff.

Drip, drip, drip...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 26th, 2017 at 6:18:56 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: ams288
President Mike Pence would be much more focused on the important things.
What important things? You don't believe they would read from the same playbook?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 26th, 2017 at 6:26:29 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
President Mike Pence would be much more focused on the important things.

I don't know.

The Vice Presidency is famously known as "a pitcher of warm spit," and Pence is worth every last drop of it.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 26th, 2017 at 7:06:34 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: petroglyph
What important things? You don't believe they would read from the same playbook?

By "important things" I just mean governing in general... instead of live-tweeting Fox & Friends every morning.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 26th, 2017 at 8:06:41 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
By "important things" I just mean governing in general... instead of live-tweeting Fox & Friends every morning.
Surely there must be something important they could do, instead of what it is that they do, do?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 31st, 2017 at 10:31:20 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I'm giving them this advice because it will do them no good:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2017/05/31/what_the_white_house_can_learn_from_iran-contra_134048.html

Quote:
“A few days ago, I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intensions tell me that was true, but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not,” Reagan said in a March 4 [1987] speech. “As president, I cannot escape responsibility.”
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 31st, 2017 at 11:28:02 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Nareed
I'm giving them this advice because it will do them no good:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2017/05/31/what_the_white_house_can_learn_from_iran-contra_134048.html

Quote:
“A few days ago, I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intensions tell me that was true, but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not,” Reagan said in a March 4 [1987] speech. “As president, I cannot escape responsibility.”

Any article being published at this point saying "the Trump presidency is already in grave danger" because of the "scandals" is written by a partisan hack not worthy of reading.

Of course the Russians tried to interfere with our election. The may have even favored Trump. That is a problem we will have forever and will have to continuously improve security to keep it from getting as far as interference in the ballot box and to minimizing the rest of it. Trump may have played into it with his comments and tweets, but there is nothing criminal there. Dumb? Maybe. Dumb does not make it criminal.

Now we keep hearing about all this "back channel" stuff and it is evident to anyone actually paying attention that there is nothing criminal to be seen so far. Just a whole lot of allegations and not much evidence.

IF something comes of it that is actually illegal--something real, not just someone getting caught in a minor league perjury trap by saying that he wore red on a day he really wore blue--then prosecute away. Sure, go after the perjury charge, too, it is a crime... We just don't have any of that so far.

We'll see if anyone finds any actual evidence of anything...
Page 4 of 231<1234567>Last »