The Trump Impeachment Thread

December 28th, 2019 at 12:31:20 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: fleaswatter
Hmmm, Joe Biden says that if he is subpoenaed during the impeachment trial he would not testify:

Biden says he would not comply with a Senate subpoena in the impeachment trial of President Trump

Presidential Candidate Joe Biden Promises to Obstruct Justice to Prove His ‘Resistance’ Bona Fides…

Geeeee, if this happens I wonder if the democrats would charge Joe Biden with "obstruction of congress"?

Why on Earth would he need to testify? He knew nothing about Donny’s bribery scheme as it was happening (same goes for Hunter).

Mulvaney, Pompeo, Bolton, Giuliani... those are the guys we need to hear from under oath.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 28th, 2019 at 12:46:29 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Quote: fleaswatter
Hmmm, Joe Biden says that if he is subpoenaed during the impeachment trial he would not testify:

Biden says he would not comply with a Senate subpoena in the impeachment trial of President Trump

Presidential Candidate Joe Biden Promises to Obstruct Justice to Prove His ‘Resistance’ Bona Fides…

Geeeee, if this happens I wonder if the democrats would charge Joe Biden with "obstruction of congress"?

Why on Earth would he need to testify? He knew nothing about Donny’s bribery scheme as it was happening (same goes for Hunter).

Mulvaney, Pompeo, Bolton, Giuliani... those are the guys we need to hear from under oath.

I have no idea why anyone needs to testify, actually. But all little old me knows is that it is not up to a potential witness (Joe Biden) to determine whether or not his testimony is relevant. It is up to the Senate. It will be fun to watch him hauled away in contempt!
December 28th, 2019 at 12:50:22 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: SOOPOO
It will be fun to watch him hauled away in contempt!

Few things in this world are sadder than the fantasies of a rightie.
December 28th, 2019 at 4:40:24 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
It started in 2012. They knew who
the next Dem candidate was going
to be and they set out to have 16
years of a Dem in the WH. 16
years of SCOTUS judges and
packing the lower courts with
Libs. All they had to do is get
Hillary elected by any means
possible. They never calculated
that Hillary would be the most
unliked candidate in recent
history and the most inept.

So now they have to get rid
of Trump at any cost to cover
up what they did. And even
that is failing abysmally..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 28th, 2019 at 7:10:33 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: Evenbob
It started in 2012. They knew who
the next Dem candidate was going
to be and they set out to have 16
years of a Dem in the WH. 16
years of SCOTUS judges and
packing the lower courts with
Libs. All they had to do is get
Hillary elected by any means
possible. They never calculated
that Hillary would be the most
unliked candidate in recent
history and the most inept.

So now they have to get rid
of Trump at any cost to cover
up what they did. And even
that is failing abysmally..

This post of mine was more prescient than I ever could have imagined:

December 28th, 2019 at 10:33:32 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

It'll be a pleasure to say 'told
you so' when the indictments
start falling on the Obama
cronies when the Barr investigation
is over.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 29th, 2019 at 4:20:00 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: Evenbob
It'll be a pleasure to say 'told
you so' when the indictments
start falling on the Obama
cronies when the Barr investigation
is over.

Hahaha. You still think anyone outside the right wing media bubble takes anything that corrupt fat f*** Barr does seriously?
December 29th, 2019 at 5:37:41 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8

I think every time a party loses big, the "noise" centers around the "death" of that party. So, EB's first post about what Democrats expected seems about right, especially as time moved forward to the election of 2016. The party had rules (though it probably did not matter at all) to basically make sure that the chosen candidate, Hillary Clinton, won. Then they just knew the win was in hand when Agent Orange (I don't get the skin color thin; it is weird) got the nomination. There was no possible way Hillary could lose. Until she did.

That would have meant possibly two-three Supreme Court justices most likely by now and a whole lot of court nominees. Sixteen consecutive years of holding the White House would have given them a shot at solidifying the judiciary. Not a sure thing, but a shot.

What may be a fantasy is the statement about indictments and how many will fall based on the investigations in progress. Most of the recent investigations find absolute corruption or nothing at all...depending on which side you favor in a particular investigation. Some convictions are possible, but many of them that have happened are pretty minor and don't reach the top. I expect that trend to continue with the current investigations.

That leaves us here. The President has been impeached using the lowest possible bar to fill in for a really obvious (as in obvious enough for the average person, Dem, Rep, or Indy) set of articles. The Dems that cooperated with the WH in the Clinton impeachment (a waste of time, even with a real crime) now say the Republicans should not do the same thing. Speaker Pelosi is holding on to impeachment; the question is for how long.
December 29th, 2019 at 6:52:37 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

Nah. I don’t really expect anything to happen to Joe. But, in reality, few things are sadder than the fantasies of ALL the liberals. This entire impeachment fiasco is proof of that! They have been salivating for months, some years, and are just now realizing that it means ZERO. Unless you consider a huge uptick in Trump donations and an uptick in his popularity a positive.
December 29th, 2019 at 7:39:52 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: SOOPOO
Unless you consider a huge uptick in Trump donations and an uptick in his popularity a positive.

I just checked his favorability averages on Real Clear Politics and have no idea what you’re talking about. No sign of an uptick there. Six months ago it was averaging around 44% now its averaging around 42%.